Destruction Warlock Rotation/Spell Priority

85 Human Warlock
Hey folks, I'm new to destro, hell this is the first time I've dusted the lock off since early ToC days.

I was just curious what you guys are using for rotations on raid bosses as well as trash.

Thanks for any input!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Depends on your haste.

http://coercion.myguildhost.com/index.php?comp=forums&cat=27&thread=527
Section IV.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock
Depends on your haste.

Section IV.

Unfortunately, that section of your forum does not appear to be visible to non guild members, and I see no way to register for your forum short of filing an app.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
IV. Talents, Stats, and Minions

This section is what makes a Destruction Warlock a Destruction Warlock. Here is the "perfect" talent tree for a Destruction Warlock. Keep in mind, results may vary. http://www.wowhead.com/talent#I0hZMZIrbcRbsRdo

The only real wiggle room here is to switch one talent point from Improved Corruption to Dark Arts IF you have less than 818 haste. Taking these talents assumes a rotation of:

With 818 haste:

A) Curse of Elements (no Boomkin or Unholy DK)

B) Bane of Havoc on a secondary target

C) Shadow Bolt (No Affliction, Demonology, or other Warlock providing the buff)

D) Soul Fire (Target above 80% HP and Improved Soul Fire not active or expiring) (use with Soul Burn or Empowered Imp, DO NOT hard cast)

E) Immolate

F) Conflagrate

G) Corruption

H) Chaos Bolt

I) Soul Burned Soul Fire

J) Shadowflame (if target is within range)

K) Incinerate

If you have less than 818, switch Corruption and Chaos Bolt
Edited by Harlk on 11/22/2010 5:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Thanks, I came here looking for the same info... however, I notice there's no bane spell in the list? intentional? or are they not worth it?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You want to generally Bane of Doom if the target will take 2 or more ticks of it, and BoA if the target will only take 1 BoD tick. I'm too lazy to go to EJ to check the exact priority, but it's between C and E on his list.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Run in and cast your instants:
coe>corruption>bane of doom

Find your spot and cast soulburn+soulfire for speed buff:
immolate>chaos bolt>conflag>spam incinerate

Keep your dots refreshed, cast chaos bolt and conflag as soon as they are off cd. Spam incinerate as your filler. If you want, toss in a shadow bolt after conflag for the +crit chance.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
12/06/2010 9:50 AMPosted by Cortella
Run in and cast your instants:
coe>corruption>bane of doom

Find your spot and cast soulburn+soulfire for speed buff:
immolate>chaos bolt>conflag>spam incinerate

Keep your dots refreshed, cast chaos bolt and conflag as soon as they are off cd. Spam incinerate as your filler. If you want, toss in a shadow bolt after conflag for the +crit chance.

that's really about all there is too it, IMO the new talents have made destro much more fun to play
Reply Quote
86 Orc Shaman
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
It's easier for me to think of it in groups.

dots, buffs and debuffs - keep these on the target or yourself at all times.

- Curse of Elements
- Immolate (this is the most important).
- Improved Soul Fire even if you have to hard cast Soul Fire to refresh it
- Bane of ___
doom for bosses
agony for trash
havoc for something that isn't your primary target
-Corruption
-Burning Embers, but you don't actually cast burning embers. It's a passive dot.

nukes

- Chaos Bolt - use on cooldown
- Conflagrate - use on cooldown
- Shadowburn - use on cooldown when it becomes available
- Incinerate - use when it procs as an instant cast or when there's nothing else to do.

For AoE fights, you have a few options depending on the situation.

For a few targets that won't die very quickly, put Bane of Havoc on the one that will probably die last. Put immolate on everything. Cast Shadowflame and Shadowfury if they're close together. Target the one that's supposed to die first, or one that doesn't have your Bane of Havoc, and use your single target rotation on it. Refresh Immolate on the other targets if they're alive long enough.

For targets that will die quickly, or for lots of targets close together, use shadowflame, shadowfury, and raid of fire. If this is a bunch of adds that spawn during a boss fight, put Bane of Havoc on the boss first. Be sure to replace it with Bane of Doom again when the adds are gone.

If the fight requires a lot of moving, refresh your instant cast dots while you run and use fel flame to keep immolate up on the target.

I recommend you spend time at the training dummies so you can practice keeping all of your dots and buffs up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]