[H] <Spin the Dragon> 6/7N now two years old!

85 Blood Elf Hunter
Updated (9/21):

Happy 2nd Birthday to Spin the Dragon! We're looking for one non-druid healer and an additional non-druid ranged for partial bench positions. THROW EVERY DRUID INTO SUN

Spin the Dragon is a Level 25 guild on Sentinels (US) Horde side with a focus on goal-oriented and progression raiding. What we find most important to us, and what we cultivate in our member base, is raiding in a productive environment while still having a good time.

Spin is built on having capable and competent raid teams. That being said, having our raiders mesh well with our guild environment is still one of our top priorities; we are built on individuals with unique personalities and sense of humor. It's recommended you join us for a weekly run or spend some time with us on Vent so we can see if it's a good fit.

If you don't have the best gear or the most experience, that's fine. We're willing to help gear up the right people for our progression raiding. Our raid leaders will often rotate our raiders based on the amount of accepted invitations and what specialized classes may be needed for a particular fight, or previous raiding experience/seniority. Additionally, we do hold some basic expectations of our raiders in order to participate:

- A computer capable of handing twenty-five man raiding with minimal add-ons (DBM, Omen, etc.) and Ventrilo without serious lag.
    - A reliable, consistent internet connection.
    - Arriving to the raid on time and with knowledge of the raid, if available.
    - Knowing your role, class, and spec and remaining up-to-date on each.
    - Understanding and accepting that you may be rotated out (or in) to a raid for certain class roles.
    - The ability to listen and react.

We generally run our raids two to three nights a week anywhere from 9PM (EST) to 12AM (EST). Beyond that, we also run the weekly up to twice a week, and host arena teams which we highly encourage our raiders to participate in. If there are any old content raids or other events that our guild members want to run, we encourage them to get together and fill any empty calendar days. Here's a rough outline of our schedule by week:

[ul]Sunday: Progression Raiding (9PM - 11PM EST)
Monday: Progression Raiding (9PM - 11AM EST)
Tuesday: Open/PvP
Wednesday: Guild Achievements/TRANSMOG BONANZA (9PM - 11PM EST)
Thursday: Open/PvP
Friday: Open/PvP
Saturday: Open/PVP

Loot disbursement is done by a Ni Karma system; a great explanation of NKS can be found here: http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/07/18/nonstandard-loot-systems-in-wow-page-2/. Anyone who negatively takes advantage of the system or otherwise acts in poor conduct will be dealt with accordingly by our guild officers.

If you're looking to raid with Spin, you can apply at our website at spin.wowstead.com. If you have any questions, feel free to send a message over to Heed Yarai, or Screwheavy.

If you're interested in joining Spin as a social player, you don't have to sweat the raiding requirements. Just send an in-game message to Heed.
Edited by Magpie on 9/27/2011 9:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter

Don't worry guys. Shoth fixed the Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Bumpin'.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
BUMP!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
We've picked up quite a few people in the last week and we had a fun time gearing up and exploring new dungeons yesterday. Welcome to Spin, folks.

We're still accepting inquires for social members and raiders as we prep for the next steps in progression.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
It was fun to see between fifteen and twenty people online at 2am. In a 150-toon guild, that amounts to a bumpin' time. You guys should come hang out with us. Later, we'll start punching bosses.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Punching bosses sooner rather than later, it seems.

If you're interested in raiding with Spin, now is your opportune time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Those poor bosses. What did they ever do to you exactly? >:(
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
It's nothing personal, I JUST NEED DEM PURPZ.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Bump for update. We're looking to fill out some healing positions in Cata as we gear up and get ready for Raid.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Bump for healers. Also, we're Level 6 now. Hooray.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I blame Hek for everything. Pesky rogues.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Prodon, once I find a suitable Assassination PvP spec and/or actually accomplish something with Subtlety, I wish to challenge you to another duel.

This time... There will only be one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/22/2010 10:36 PMPosted by Sinlinara
Prodon, once I find a suitable Assassination PvP spec and/or actually accomplish something with Subtlety, I wish to challenge you to another duel.

This time... There will only be one.

Sounds good to me. Just hit me up when ever you are ready. :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Haha you fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The first being never start a land war in asia, but only less well known is this! Never go up against a rogue when death is on the line!! Hahahaha- *falls over with a thud*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
12/23/2010 3:48 PMPosted by Sinlinara
Haha you fool! You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders! The first being never start a land war in asia, but only less well known is this! Never go up against a rogue when death is on the line!! Hahahaha- *falls over with a thud*

It's okay. I have some new tricks up my sleeve and no PvP gear to back it up.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Ah! Then we are on the same level, sir. But I have a confession I must make...I'm not left-handed.

Somewhere in my head, I thought this reference would sound more impressive.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
12/22/2010 10:21 PMPosted by Prodon
I blame Hek for everything. Pesky rogues.

The hat in your icon is hi-larious.

And yes, I also blame Hek for most things. Also Chett.

My new crab's name is KillChett.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Our new website is up and running. You may gaze upon it fondly at spin.wowstead.com.

Also, I am fairly sure I am dying. Mourn me well, Sentinels.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
MOGMOG! taking time out from my obsessive dragon camping to bump!! ;-; i can has TLPD or Aeonaxx nao plx <3 Anna
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]