What spec at lvl 85?

85 Human Warlock
I'd like to get accustomed to the spec of choice that's currently being theorycrafted as the best end game 85 spec.

I'm semi versed in affliction and destruction, demo....not so much.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
As of yestrday Elitist Jerks has Afliction as the top spec or rather, "Affdrain"

There are two types of affliction specs currently competing for top spot and the one that uses Drain Life as a flller instead of Shadow Bolt, seems to be slightly ahead when you're geared to the max @ level 85.

Neither one uses the Fell Hunter which was the traditional Affliction demon. Affdrain uses the Imp together with its glyph and 3 points in "Dark Arts" in the demo tree and the other one uses the Succubus + glyph and "Bane" from destro to reduce the Shadow Bolt cast time.

I use the 2nd one for PvE... it feels comfortable for me.
Edited by Adiah on 11/22/2010 4:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
As of yestrday Elitist Jerks has Afliction as the top spec or rather, "Affdrain"

There are two types of affliction specs currently competing for top spot and the one that uses Drain Life as a flller instead of Shadow Bolt, seems to be slightly ahead when you're geared to the max @ level 85.

Neither one uses the Fell Hunter which was the traditional Affliction demon. Affdrain uses the Imp together with its glyph and 3 points in "Dark Arts" in the demo tree and the other one uses the Succubus + glyph and "Bane" from destro to reduce the Shadow Bolt cast time.

I use the 2nd one for PvE... it feels comfortable for me

Um no.

At level 85 affliction uses felhunter for demon soul.
Edited by Vaydra on 11/22/2010 4:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
So the fellhunter is back @ 85? Nice to know. I find the succubus' whiplashes and squeals annoying.

And yeah I find the ultra-high haste, drain life variant not worth the change in playstyles.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
Currently spec'd for destro, but my dual talent is also set for afflic. Any idea what the spell rotation would look like for this 85 Afflic build? How does it compare to the current popular destro builds?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]