Raid Lock Wipe

90 Human Paladin
Best Guess: This means that your current expired/in progress raid lockout will be obliterated. You will have to start each instance from scratch. It'll be like Tuesday, except you won't be able to extend last week's lockout either.

Second Guess: Punch & Pie
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
4.0.3a tomorrow? Please Mr. Nice Cool Awesome <GM> Guy. Let us experience the wrath of Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
The question would be why would you be interested in extending a lockout of Onyxia's Lair... that particular bit of information seems the most suspect.

Everybody knows there's no reason to extend a Onyxia's Lair lock, but on the management side of things, it's all the same whether it's a raid instance with one boss or ten.

But the message isn't only about extending locks. Extension is one thing, 10v25 is another. After the change, you will be able to kill Onyxia once a week. 10 or 25, not both.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Crap, this is no bueno. We better hurry up and kill Yogg + 1 ....I don't wanna clear that place again QQ
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Hunter
How is a raid lock wipe going to affect Onyxia's Lair and Eye of Eternity though?
Reply Quote
Explain.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Oh noes.. if it comes out tomorrow.. not good.. still need 8 more Elementium Ingots for my Scepter of the Shifting Sands chain and there are none on the AH >.<
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
If it's the patch, I guess Wrath of the Deathchin is upon us.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The question would be why would you be interested in extending a lockout of Onyxia's Lair... that particular bit of information seems the most suspect.

While I agree, it's silly to extend an Ony lockout, it's included because it will have the 10 - 25 shared system that ICC and RS have now. So if you kill Ony 10, you won't be able to do 25 that week.

So, this means the next update will remove all Wrath raid lockouts you have or could extend except RS and ICC and all will now have the 10-25 shared system. So like my guild trying to kill Yogg 10... we best get him soon or else have to reclear (not a biggie, we need to do that anyway for some achieves).
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
This is so cryptic. I predict patch on Monday cause they want to work out the kinks before Thanksgiving and Tuesday is real close to Thursday.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
In preparation for the new flex lock system we’ll be wiping the following raid locks at the time of the next patch release.

Onyxia's Lair
Naxxramas
Ulduar
Obsidian Sanctum
Eye of Eternity
Vault of Archavon
Trial of the Crusader

This only means that the patch is coming before a tuesday. Why would they reset the instances when they auto reset on tuesdays anyways patch or not. So this is another big HINT.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
This is the least useful blue post I've ever seen. Why couldn't you just say what that actually means?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Most of the pre events have been starting on Mondays.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Very nice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Bashiok, do you mean that you will use the flexible raid lockout on the raids that you mentioned?
Reply Quote
Another blue post would be helpful. I don't get who'd want to keep/extend a locked VoA, Onyxia, EoE.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Bashiok, do you mean that you will use the flexible raid lockout on the raids that you mentioned?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that is what he meant.
Edited by Amella on 11/19/2010 8:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
Clarification?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
WTB Clarification.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]