Raid Lock Wipe

85 Human Priest
So then those raids will keep their 10/25 man in separate lockouts but you won't be able to extend after patch till you start a new one. That about right?

Once the next patch hits, any raid with 10/25 modes will have the same flexible lockout as Icecrown does right now. Meaning you can only do one version per week, but you can switch the size around as needed. Since it's a new system, it requires a wipe of all raid ids that work under the old system. It's quite logical.

Um, no, they've never said this and it's just speculation.

The reason this thread was posted was due to the QQ of those who had their raid ID's wiped after the 4.0.1 patch because they didn't give any warning. Now they're giving warning :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
So then those raids will keep their 10/25 man in separate lockouts but you won't be able to extend after patch till you start a new one. That about right?

Once the next patch hits, any raid with 10/25 modes will have the same flexible lockout as Icecrown does right now. Meaning you can only do one version per week, but you can switch the size around as needed. Since it's a new system, it requires a wipe of all raid ids that work under the old system. It's quite logical.

Um, no, they've never said this and it's just speculation.

The reason this thread was posted was due to the QQ of those who had their raid ID's wiped after the 4.0.1 patch because they didn't give any warning. Now they're giving warning :)

Sure they did. It's in the opening post to this thread. It's even been updated with more explanation! Whee!

This means that if you've extended a lockout for these raids it will be wiped at the time of the next patch. This does not apply to Icecrown Citadel or Ruby Sanctum as they already use the new flex lock system.

They are applying the new flexible raid lock system to the instances listed, thus they are wiping all saved raid IDs.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman

It probably means if you are planning on extending a lock to continue progressing, you won't be able to.

You'll have to start with a fresh instance, which you will probably be able to extend the next week if you want to.

Well dont you look like a little gumball.

All they are doing is adding these older raids to the newer lockout system, and will be killing any extended lockouts on teusday when patch 4.0.3A is released.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
maybe that means the shattering is coming this tuesday! :D

Yes I belive it is coming Tuesday cuz next tuesday wouldnt give ppl time...but thats just me
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ony and Mally may be MIA for they finally found eachother and went on a date.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
what kind of an idiot would extend VOA... or ONY or EOE lmfao

lol who extends icc and rs anymore anyway
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
I think After the restart tomorrow we will get the patch
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
In preparation for the new flex lock system we’ll be wiping the following raid locks at the time of the next patch release.

Onyxia's Lair
Naxxramas
Ulduar
Obsidian Sanctum
Eye of Eternity
Vault of Archavon
Trial of the Crusader

This only means that the patch is coming before a tuesday. Why would they reset the instances when they auto reset on tuesdays anyways patch or not. So this is another big HINT.

This

Not this. Not this at all.

He is informing people who have been extending lockouts, ie the guy in this thread who has an Ulduar raid saved at Yogg trying to get 1 light, that those lockouts will be lost with the coming patch so do what you need to now or you will have to reclear everything after the patch.

There is nothing confusing about his post. For the guy that said why aren't they doing it to all other lockouts dungeons, bc raids, and the like is because they don't have a 10/25 option that needs combining.
Reply Quote
86 Tauren Warrior
This new locking system is pretty damn cool. I like it for what it is.

Offtopic: I understand the idea of moving to the emblem/lockout timer setup allows people to gear up faster and catchup. On the other hand, I really miss gearing up in classic. Most people would say I'm looking through rosy glasses but I miss doing UBRS/LBRS/strat/scholo upteenth times as a 10/15man raid that could be done as many times as was needed to get the drop.

What happens to me right now is, I level a new character up. This takes the most time, maybe at my pace two to three months. Once a reach 80 I am able to immediately farm emblems and get enough gear to get into raids. As a tank this takes a week. As dps I wasn't as aggressive on farming instances (I hate waiting around), took three weeks. In either case I was in icc within a month. I quickly became tired of seeing icc because it was foreordained that a pug would get stuck at 6/12 and a guild/pug run stopped around 9 or 10. Got one to LK but never finished him after numerous shots.

In classic we had 5 (Dire Maul) places to do as often as you wanted. 4 of which were actual raids teaching people to listen to 3 other people (tank/healer/mage), and you were not restricted to one raid a week, nor one dungeon run a day. While we could see the content as often as we wanted, we had to get lucky to get the items we wanted. In the end it took LONGER to gear out and we played longer. Now, some people have upward of 6 80s around 5.0-5.5k gs (mid icc lvl), yet most people still can't play their damn class.

Ok, rant over, just bored waiting for cata or 4.03a.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I say remove the lock outs for that old content

Is isn't like Naxxramas is being farmed weekly for Grim Toll anymore, or Ulduar is being farmed for loot either.

Sure they drop epics, but honestly we have 8 Instances and Heroics that drop better ilvl loot, so why keep these lockout up?

I posted in the suggestions forums a few weeks back (on the old forums) but since WOTLootKing has had consistent gear dumps/resets why not allow players to run the older content for fun at their leisure?

I would much rather get my alts some of the cooler looking older tier than T10.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
In preparation for the new flex lock system we’ll be wiping the following raid locks at the time of the next patch release.

Onyxia's Lair
Naxxramas
Ulduar
Obsidian Sanctum
Eye of Eternity
Vault of Archavon
Trial of the Crusader

This means that if you've extended a lockout for these raids it will be wiped at the time of the next patch. This does not apply to Icecrown Citadel or Ruby Sanctum as they already use the new flex lock system.

Ok, a couple questions here.

A) Why do we want/need the flex-lock system on instances with only a single boss (EoE, Onyxia)

B) Does this mean that VoA will only be able to be completed in 10 OR 25, not both?

It seems like we're trying to completely kill 25 man raiding, we've already done away with 40 man, I'd like to at least hang on to 25s a bit. We're rapidly chipping the Massively Multiplayer out of this MMORPG, I mean, sure there are a lot of other players out there, but we'll take them in small doses... four words for ya... what the ---- Bliz? (yes I know all of these instances are old news, and the new lockouts are planned for the new instances anyway, although I was kind of hoping the new version of VoA would continue to be playable in both 10 and 25 in the same week... for some reason)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
You all fail at reading comprehension so, so hard. It is a very simple post that is easy to understand. As it has already been explained by others in this thread who also have basic reading comprehension skills, I won't explain it again. I just lost a little faith in humanity.

If you really want to know what it means, read Skarn's post. He hit the nail on the head.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

Onyxia's Lair
Naxxramas
Ulduar
Obsidian Sanctum
Eye of Eternity
Vault of Archavon
Trial of the Crusader

Ok, a couple questions here.

A) Why do we want/need the flex-lock system on instances with only a single boss (EoE, Onyxia)

B) Does this mean that VoA will only be able to be completed in 10 OR 25, not both?

It seems like we're trying to completely kill 25 man raiding, we've already done away with 40 man, I'd like to at least hang on to 25s a bit. We're rapidly chipping the Massively Multiplayer out of this MMORPG, I mean, sure there are a lot of other players out there, but we'll take them in small doses... four words for ya... what the ---- Bliz? (yes I know all of these instances are old news, and the new lockouts are planned for the new instances anyway, although I was kind of hoping the new version of VoA would continue to be playable in both 10 and 25 in the same week... for some reason)

You're silly. It's not the FACT that people would want to extend Maly/Ony, but that they have the lockout available to do so. They are simply DELETING all current lockouts, regardless of whether someone wants to extend or not. This is to, obviously, fit in with the flex-raid-lock system.

And yes, you can only do 10 or 25 VoA. Not both. Why would you randomly be able to do both of one raid in an expansion? That's just silly as well.

They're not trying to kill 25 man raiding. They're offering more flexibility so people don't feel FORCED to do 25. A lot of people hate 25 man. I personally love it and will be doing 25 mans during Cataclysm, with my guild.

Again, no one CARES to extend Ony/Maly, but it's the idea of them BEING ABLE TO that is changing. Stop acting like the world is ending. Stop speculating that the patch is on a day that isn't Tuesday. I'm so confused as to why ANYONE would read this and think PATCH TOMORROW OMG?! That is such an insane chain of logic...
Reply Quote
81 Blood Elf Rogue
>. I'm so confused as to why ANYONE would read this and think PATCH TOMORROW OMG?!
>That is such an insane chain of logic...

Yeah, should be looking at the odd 1am instead of 5am scheduled server reset for clues to a patch tomorrow.

This does look like it's pointing to a non-tuesday patch at first glance since there would be a reset of all these on tuesday anyways so what's the point of the announcement. But, the announcement is to let us know that we can't extend an instance across the patch for those and not piss off people like they did when ICC and RS switched to the new system.
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Rogue
I think what this means is all the mount drops are being changed in this patch to what was mentioned previously, along with the titles ect. Say goodbye ZG mount farming too.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
The only reason I can see behind forcing the 10/25 locks to merge rather than making it optional is to make it so a service which used to provide unlimited instances, which was already *#*@ed when you limited instances due to an inability to provide enough servers for your clientele for the WoTLK launch, will now become even more limited. *#*@ you very much for limiting our raiding experience even more. How about opening a few new servers and fixing the bugs on the current ones rather than penalizing us even more? When I first heard about the FRL system, I was psyched, after all, we've all been in plenty fail pugs that ##@%ed us out of a whole week of raiding. Leave it to Blizzard to turn an awesome idea into another way to curb use of their overloaded servers.
Edited by Khaliel on 11/20/2010 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Clearly this means the patch will be tonight.

/Equip tinfoilhat
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]