Alliance Scum

100 Orc Shaman
Wintergrasp is still broken. I'll be slaughtering your civilians in Valiance Keep until they fix it. Zug Zug!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
It's not broken now, but it was broken before.

WG is supposed to be using the new Tol Barad queue system where sides are matched 1-to-1. What you've been seeing since 4.0.3 was a bug - it impacted quite a few servers (ours included). It made it so that WG didn't use the new queue system, even though it was supposed to be using it since 4.0.1.

Going forward, you're supposed to see approximately even numbers in WG with no tenacity, regardless of how many people on either side are jumping into queues. TB uses the same system.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Your cowardice and reluctance to queue is what broke it, filth. Show me a blue post where it says it was bugged and I'll end the blockade, but until then, I continue to eat the hearts of your weak. Unchallenged for 3 days. Maybe Valiance Keep is bugged too?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
<facepalm>
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
From MMO Champion (quoting a blue post)

Originally Posted by Zarhym (Source)
In patch 4.0.3, Wintergrasp queuing was changed so that each battle attempts to match the factions at a 1-to-1 ratio. This is the exact system being used for Tol Barad in Cataclysm. While we understand that this inflates queue times for factions which are vastly overpopulated on select realms, we prefer this system over using Tenacity. In addition, the new system at least encourages playing on a faction that's better balanced against the opposing faction. With the old Wintergrasp functionality, players were almost encouraged to be on an overpopulated faction, further contributing to realm balance issues.

That said, we'll review realms with significant faction imbalances on a case-by-case basis in the event we need to take further action.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Oh weird, I totally don't see anything about a bug.
Reply Quote
83 Draenei Priest
With the old Wintergrasp functionality, players were almost encouraged to be on an overpopulated faction, further contributing to realm balance issues.

[ ] Oh weird, I totally don't see anything about a bug.
[x] Oh weird, I totally don't want to see anything about a bug.
Edited by Noxyja on 11/20/2010 8:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
I'm pretty sure "players feeling encouraged to be on an overpopulated faction" doesn't constitute a bug, but thanks for playing.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Hunter
I'm pretty sure "players feeling encouraged to be on an overpopulated faction" doesn't constitute a bug, but thanks for playing.

..and one side getting rolled 9 times out of 10 with a ratio of 40 to 10, does not constitute working as intended either. lol

I do wish they would add where you are in line for the queue. It's tough to sit there not knowing if you are the next to go in or #500 in queue.
Reply Quote
83 Draenei Priest
A software bug is the common term used to describe an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that produces an incorrect or unexpected result

if you don't see a mechanic that encourages people to faction transfer to the already overpopulated team as a flaw in the game, you wouldn't make much of a game designer :\
Reply Quote
80 Troll Hunter
A software bug is the common term used to describe an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in a computer program or system that produces an incorrect or unexpected result

if you don't see a mechanic that encourages people to faction transfer to the already overpopulated team as a flaw in the game, you wouldn't make much of a game designer :\

The second part of what you said was so true. They need to see things in a completely different way than the whining user base. lol

There have been so many changes throughout the years I have played that made me cry and cry, then I read the blue reasoning behind it and think.."yep it makes perfect sense when you put it that way". lol
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
The system was supposed to have been implemented once 4.0.3 went live. I'm not sure about you, but I recall 10-manning tower defense on an offense with a few competent people for at least two games well after 4.0.3 with about 15 stacks of tenacity.

That blue post up there says that's not supposed to be happening, because both sides should be getting matched at a 1-to-1 ratio. We weren't, and neither were a lot of other servers.

Now, I really liked the WG queue mechanics as they were before, because I could run around with my crew of competent individuals and basically be invincible with some healers. Realistically, though, that wasn't going to win us any games, and I had no delusions that Blizzard would continue to allow 15 to 1 odds because a few of us thought having 100k HP and 1-shotting people was cool.

I get the idea that they want to actually balance numbers in Tol Barad as opposed to simply handing the win to the faction that could zerg the best. The more they introduce elements of strategy to the outdoor battlegrounds, the more interesting they'll be.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Hunter
Hopefully this will encourage more Alliance to participate as well. Even though we only have a couple more weeks that WG is even relevant, a few 50v50 epic battles would be fun.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Wintergrasp is still broken. I'll be slaughtering your civilians in Valiance Keep until they fix it. Zug Zug!

How is Wintergrasp broken?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
It's broken because the alliance are afraid to get roflstomped in wintergrasp like you do every other day. It's bad pvpers like lightninghoof alliance that make them constitute stupid little rules to keep it 1v1 when the whole zone is meant to be fought for by hordes of players. Because you were afraid to show and defend, they had to nerf it, and now players like rhoark who wanna Q and play wintergrasp have to sit and hope one you punks Q.
Reply Quote
83 Draenei Priest
i read all of those words but i dont know what they mean in that order
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
Then instead of just being a bad player, you're prolly bad at reading. I might have forgotten a couple commas or such but I'm sure it was just fine. Too bad you're busy posting and trying to win at being an english !#!# when you use no punctuation instead of WG queuing.

Puss.
Reply Quote
83 Draenei Priest
you dont seem very bright

would you like to duel for character deletion and/or posting privileges?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
You don't have to be intelligent to play/be good at this game son, which is what this is about. Thank you for judging my intelligence by being called out for being bad at PVP, but its not the first time alliance has failed on this server. Remember the AV boycott??? Oh yeah, alliance QQ because dismounting to PVP before reaching the boss was haarddddd.

You're bad.

thank you.
Reply Quote
83 Draenei Priest

You don't have to be intelligent to play this game son
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]