A Reasonable Solution- Restoration Druids

80 Troll Hunter
(Originally posted in General forums, got no feedback, reposting here.)

There has been a lot of hubbub over the fate of Restoration Druids in 4.0, and I have some suggestions about what can be done to make sure everyone's happy. First, I would like to say that I absolutely adore the new Tree of Life skins being implemented later on. I am actually really surprised by how well the Orc skeleton works for a Treant, but there is no question that it works. After seeing a video of the new form, I could not help but feel upset that Restoration druids would only be able to see themselves in this form a tenth of the time they are playing. I think the mechanics behind the new Tree of Life spell are amazing, the "Heal Berserk" is something I never experienced in previous patches and I really think it's something, but I think that the mechanic is being used on the wrong spell. Historically Druids have always retained the shape they shift to, and are not forced out of it unless by their own will (casting a heal in Moonkin form, etc.) I do acknowledge, though, that there are those out there who prefer to be in their normal Caster form while healing. So, I have come up with a plan to satisfy the opinions of all players and create a more enjoyable environment for everyone.

- Revert Tree of Life form to its original state, or possibly even make it only a visual effect.

- Create a new spell that uses the same mechanics as the current Tree of Life spell.

- Make a Glyph that causes you to stay in Caster form when shifted into Tree of Life/Moonkin form.

I think that this will satisfy all players, and it also eliminates the anxiety I'm currently experiencing about the possibility that Moonkin form may also go the way of Tree of Life in the future.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]