Suggestion for Ret rehaul, What do you think

85 Blood Elf Paladin
The big thing I've noticed with holy power, is its lack of consistency. Also with haste affecting the cooldown of Crusader strike, it makes people soft/hard cap it for the 3 second cooldown.

My main suggestion is this:
(Numbers provided are mainly to provide perspective for my suggestions)

Make the Holy Power bar go to 500 and have Crusader Strike generate 100 holy power and have haste increase that by a corresponding percentage. Abilities that cast holy power would consume holy power in increments of 100 up to a maximum of 300.
The main reasoning behind me choosing the 500max/100increment numbers is that it would allow haste to consistently modify power generation as well as giving us a cushion for procs and giving us an outlet for some controlled burst.

Along with that remove haste benefiting CS and DS cooldowns and make give them a static 3 or 4.5 second cooldown.

Another thing to go along with this would be to have Divine Purpose cause the affected abilities to generate 15/30 holy power with a 25% chance to generate an additional 35/70 holy power. Smoothing out holy power some more, but still leaving some randomness in the Ret rotation.

Another big gripe of mine with Retribution's mastery. It's a cool idea in theory, but comparing it to the other masteries it doesn't fit. Ret's mastery causes a lot of rotation clashing as we already have a proc to use an ability and depending on when it procs it causes us to miss out on holy power and using other abilities. I think it would be better to have Ret's mastery passively boost the effectiveness of holy power, making TV hit harder, WoG heal more, and Inquisition last longer(this would still mildly affect rotation but in a more predictably way).

I would also like to hear what other paladins think, and what some of your suggestions are.

Please don't flame this, I want to try and keep this as positive of a discussion as possible.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No to your mastery suggestion...that would just be overpowered and cause all ret pallies to stack it. How does it not fit compared to the other masteries, anyways? It's meant to play on both Holy Power and our key pally abilities.

Not to mention I love seeing it light up and realize "OH MAN 3HP TV GO".
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Right now Ret paladin is blizzard's "Windows Vista" of class specs. Its shinny, it works to an extent, and it has high enough numbers that people overlook the core problems. The main problem, as I see it, is holy power generation secondary but compounding on this is random procs. Crusader Strike is needed to generate HP so stack haste to reduce the cool down of CS + Divine Purpose = good HP generation but it's inconsistent. Throw in large numbers of RNG procs and the play style becomes more akin to whac-a-mole.

Solution:
1. Generate HP instead of losing it - 1HP/5sec
2. Haste increases the rate of generation
3. Crusader Strike - fixed CD - 4sec

This would open the rotation instead of trying to cram abilities in where possible.

Other thoughts, talents/ability changes:
1. Divine Purpose - Your Crusader Strike generates 2/3 charges of Holy Power per strike for the next 20 sec. Requires 2/3 Holy Power to use, but does not consume Holy Power.

2. Zealotry - Attack that uses 3HP for X amount of damage - 30sec cool down

3. Templar's Verdict - An instant weapon attack that causes a percentage of weapon damage. Consumes all charges of Holy Power to increase damage dealt:
0 Holy Power: 75% Weapon Damage
1 Holy Power: 125% Weapon Damage

4. Mastery - Hand of Light
Your auto attacks have a 8% chance to grant Hand of Light, generating 1 charge of holy power
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
you can't overhaul a class wide system for one spec
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]