Feral Charge/Ravage Macro

85 Night Elf Druid
I am trying to macro Feral Charge(Cat Form) and Ravage into a castsequence macro, but for some reason the ravage part won't work. If I put ravage on another action bar location it works fine with the Stampede proc, but my macro wont allow me to use it even though it changes from Feral Charge to Ravage.

Here is my macro:

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=10 Feral Charge(Cat Form), Ravage(Cat Form)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
What is the specific error you get when you try to use it?
"You can't cast that right now"?
Edit: Are you sure that's the right name of the skill? Wowhead has it without the "(cat form)" part.
Edited by Prenumbra on 11/20/2010 10:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
There's a bug currently with ravage. It also happens with moonfire/sunfire, holy word priest spells and some warlock spells, I forget which. Thread here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1020864127
You get the not yet learned error right?
Reply Quote
Says 'Spell not Learned'

had the same problem, and this is a very useful macro for feral druids.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Yeah well drop a line to the thread, add your voice.
And no you're not alone in your frustration. I mean my main spell that makes the whole chakra state switching so cool isn't working as a mouseover. A healer spell and you have no way of working it into a mouseover macro. Awesome.
Ugh....
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I found this fix from another post:

/cast [form:3] Feral Charge(Cat Form)
/click [form:3] MultiBarRightButton4

and put your Ravage from your spellbook to right-bar 4 (you can change this to other bar, please check wowwiki or wowpedia for other option).

Works good even though I have to use to action bar spots
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I don't see how completely breaking a priest spell that morphs depending on your current chakra state so that there is no way to use it in a macro of any kind is "working as intended". You realize that this bug affects more than just one druid spell.
And if blizz truly intended that, they would break castsequence altogether.
This is a bug. In fact one they tried to fix this last patch and have made much worse as a result.
Edited by Sedivy on 11/20/2010 11:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Says 'Spell not Learned'

Nah these are the types of macros that should be broken by Blizzard. Does nothing but promote facerolling / keysmashing.
No reason whatsoever to have those two abilities on the same button.

YEAH! macros are stoopid and addons too!, wait Im in a UI/macro forum /facepalm

tell me whats the use of having ravage on your bars when you only use it after a charge that on most fights its used once....
Reply Quote
4 Gnome Mage
Says 'Spell not Learned'

Nah these are the types of macros that should be broken by Blizzard. Does nothing but promote facerolling / keysmashing.
No reason whatsoever to have those two abilities on the same button.

tell me whats the use of having ravage on your bars when you only use it after a charge that on most fights its used once....

You got trolled. Just ignore the troll and hit the "thumbs down" button.
Reply Quote
8 Draenei Shaman
It's broken right now. However, my macro works from stealth but not out of stealth. I will have to try putting the actual spell on my action bar, but I have clicked the actual spell from my spellbook and it still would not execute with the stampede effect out of stealth. It does execute with the stampede affect (free Ravage at reduced damage) if I am stealthed though.

I write my macro a little different in that I do not add (Cat Form) to Ravage. There is no reason to do this since Ravage can only be executed from Cat form. Only moves like Skull Bash and Feral Charge need specification since there is a (Bear Form) and a (Cat Form) for each of these moves.

/cast [stance:1] Feral Charge(Bear Form)
/castsequence Feral Charge(Cat Form), Ravage

That is how my macro is written. Like I said it works if I charge while stealthed. I get the "must be stealthed" message if I am out of stealth. I get that same message clicking the actual spell from the spellbook as well.
Edited by Precocious on 11/21/2010 12:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
8 Draenei Shaman

Because people just mash the key until it greys out, ie faceroll.
Hit Charge and than Hit Ravage or Pounce when you are in range and as it was designed.
Like i said, there is no reason to have those two abilities on the same button except for facerolling.

The only time a Druid will Ravage outside of stealth is when the Stampede effect is active. Since my normal Ravage is macroed as a stealth only move (it's mangle when not in stealth) and I don't want to put Ravage in some odd place just to be able to hit it once in a while outside of stealth, it makes perfect sense for me to place that one Ravage in a sequence right after I Feral Charge. Facerolling has nothing to do with it.

BUT, macros for any class enchance the game by a huge margin. They reduce the amount of buttons you use thus streamlining your UI, and give you maximum functionality per button. The more convoluted this game becomes, the more necessary this type of UI becomes to get the most out of everything your character has as their disposal.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
My macro does the following:

If in Bear form, it uses Feral Charge (Bear).
If in Cat form, it uses Feral Charge (Cat) and then uses Ravage on the next keypress.
Otherwise, it shifts you into Bear form.

All credit goes to the folks at AJ.

#show [stance:3] Feral Charge(Cat Form); Feral Charge(Bear Form)
/cast [stance:1] Feral Charge(Bear Form); [nostance][stance:2][stance:4] !Bear Form
/castsequence reset=10 Feral Charge(Cat Form)
/click MultiBarBottomLeftButton1

Where MultiBarBottomLeftButton1 is my Ravage button.

Because people just mash the key until it greys out, ie faceroll.
Hit Charge and than Hit Ravage or Pounce when you are in range and as it was designed.
Like i said, there is no reason to have those two abilities on the same button except for facerolling.

Attempting to use macros is faceroll? Hell, attempting to use a custom UI is faceroll!

Wait, why am I posting in this forum again?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]