What beats a feral druid 1v1?

50 Gnome Warlock
If you dont think all those stats are important, then your the one who cant gem right. You have crit gems too, worst stat to gem for EVER.

Why the hell are you gemming spell pen as feral?

Gemming for socket bonuses is only good sometimes, it depends on the bonus and how much it's for.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
If you dont think all those stats are important, then your the one who cant gem right. You have crit gems too, worst stat to gem for EVER.

Gemming for socket bonuses is only good sometimes, it depends on the bonus and how much it's for.

It's mainly for arena.
For cyclones, roots, hibernates etc.
For 4.0.1 socket bonuses don't matter. Just gem AGI, I was gemming resil for when it was hella op before blizz nerfed it.
Reply Quote
70 Troll Hunter

...because he should.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
A good Frost Mage is the only class 1v1 that can consistently beat a feral druid. Ice Mage, A frozen feral druid does no damage.
Any mage spec is capable of beating any feral. Personally, I'd suggest fire. FIYAH!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

A missed cyclone or entangling roots really blows.
Reply Quote
87 Goblin Mage
Apparently not at my lvl because I just got 100-0'd in 3 seconds through both frost barrier / mana shield (6k total absorb at my lvl) by a feral 4 levels below me.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
A good Frost Mage is the only class 1v1 that can consistently beat a feral druid. Ice Mage, A frozen feral druid does no damage.
Any mage spec is capable of beating any feral. Personally, I'd suggest fire. FIYAH!

I agree. I think fire is better than frost vs ferals. They cant shift out of dragons breath or impact stuns. That combined with blazing speed and casting scorch on the move allow fire to create distance
Reply Quote
83 Human Warlock
Do you need to live long after beating the Feral? Or do you just want him to die first? That changes things up a bit.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
The only class that can beat a feral 1 v 1 is...... Chuck Norris!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

...because he should.

Not any more.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I agree. I think fire is better than frost vs ferals. They cant shift out of dragons breath or impact stuns. That combined with blazing speed and casting scorch on the move allow fire to create distance

Mages are annoying but not feral killers. Frost is the toughest of the three specs. Any pally I can kill but takes a couple of minutes up to 10 min. I'd say a good priest can ruin my day the fastest in this new world, of warcraft.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Before this patch feral was good one on one the only thing i had a problem with was unholy dks magi with no LOS and shadow priests. Now nothing really except prot pallys are annoying as hell because you cant shift out of their AS slow.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I know this is derailing a little bit, but I've just gotta ask. What did you to to make this druid so angry? He sounds like he singles you out everywhere you go. Finding 1 particualr person in WG is not the easiest task.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I can't as ret or prot.

Cyclone = full heal, back to dpsing is just silly.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The best way to deal with a feral is a dwarf prot pally. Stoneform ftw.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
nerf blackjack.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I can confirm that frost is definitely the way to go if you are doing Mage v Feral in a 1v1 scenerio. Until a few days ago, I rolled feral druids... I met a feral on my server and believing it would be an easy fight I let my guard down. In about 6 seconds I had lost the duel... I now have much more appreciation for actually good feral players.

You have to figure out the exact play-style the feral has and counter accordingly. The object is SURVIVING THE INITIAL BURST. I would say my W/L ratio at first was 1:2 , but that has changed to 3:1 now that I know the strategy behind it.
Edited by Erosis on 11/21/2010 12:49 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]