The Fantastically New Streaming Launcher

85 Blood Elf Priest
Before I pass my judgment on the "new, fantastic" launcher and patching system, I would like to give a congratulations on the ingenuity. I honestly do think that the idea and the intention behind the new Launcher system was well placed and I commend those that have actually used it successfully and have no problems with it.

BUT, I am having a problem with it and I know a plethora of other people are as well. When I start the launcher, it looks like it's going to download, but it stops, as if it's frozen, but it's not. At one point while I was running it, it said the tracker was not responding which made no sense to me because the internet was working fine.

Please don't tell me to go looking through the various Troubleshooting pages and other Workarounds. I've tried them all and they don't work for me. Or for a lot of other people as well.

What I'm trying to accomplish here is the fact that I don't think there was a problem with the old Launching and Patching system. I don't believe that the old patching system was flawed or outdated, it was working as intended, nothing to fix, but the company had to "fix" it. Now, there are plenty of people isolated from downloading and patching and playing because of the new patching system.

To be perfectly honest, despite the fact that I already pre-ordered the Cataclysm Collector's Edition, I find no fault in canceling my account fully and never returning. There is no point in paying to play a game that I cannot play. I have seen the mirrors that are posted in the Blizzard Support web page, but those are honestly way too late in coming. I shouldn't need to wait a week or weeks for Blizzard to post a patch, WHILE I'm paying for that time that the patch wasn't posted and I'm sitting here with an active account and no way to play the game. I don't see anything that could help. But as far as I'm concerned, I'm done until a suitable solution is found.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

At one point while I was running it, it said the tracker was not responding which made no sense to me because the internet was working fine.

This specific issue is almost always caused by a firewall or anti-virus program blocking the launcher if the internet connection is fine.

And there have always been a small percentage of people how have had issues with the launcher even before this new version. And the problem almost always has to do with a configuration issue on the user's side (be it network, firewalls, etc)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I'm at a college. I have no access to the things that would need to be fixed or tweaked. I had no problem with the old launching system, but with the new streaming client, it gets stopped because it falls under the "torrent" type of downloading...
Reply Quote
Wow.. nice way to stick it to em.

I have been having the same damn issues... and all they say is go through these steps and those steps, and they never work. I wish they would put the patching stuff back the way it used to be..

But, sadly.. they won't
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I'm at a college. I have no access to the things that would need to be fixed or tweaked. I had no problem with the old launching system, but with the new streaming client, it gets stopped because it falls under the "torrent" type of downloading...

Well, that would certainly be a network issue. This newer launcher's packets are flagged differently and I can see your college network having an initial issue with them.
Reply Quote
This new launcher just isn't working for people who don't have access to their network.. The least thing they could do is set up a MIRROR!
Edited by Ìtfchaos on 11/20/2010 7:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
bump
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Okay, this thread started in Customer Support, was bumped to Tech Support, and now bumped again to General Discussion. Am I going to get any kind of answer or am I just going to get bumped from Forum to Forum?
Reply Quote
50 Tauren Druid
Okay, this thread started in Customer Support, was bumped to Tech Support, and now bumped again to General Discussion. Am I going to get any kind of answer or am I just going to get bumped from Forum to Forum?

Its a technical support issue, so call their department, you could research what you need to do to make your college's It staff aware of the problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]