Ret + Holy Power = JESUS SKILL!

85 Draenei Paladin
Imo, i love holy power, makes me have pick what i want to use wisely....should i heal myself or go for damage? And i honestly don't see how this spec is underpowered. I've dueled all kinds of classes and high rate of success (Especially against rogues and warriors).

Damage seems to be fine without wings popped (Though crusader strike could use maybe a 5% damage buff). I have no problem fighting any class (Frost mages are uber tricky though!).

So i give ret and holy power a bump for taking a class that didn't take much skill to a class that now requires a lot of skill and knowing how to respond in certain situations.

Damage is fine, Survivability is fine (Word of Glory ftw).For everybody who are QQing you need to learn how to manage holy power and focus on your certain situation whether in a duel or bg's to know when to use Templar's Verdict or Word of Glory.

And don't give me a response of "You must of fought bad players..."

Bring the skill not the QQ, learn how to play the new and improved ret paladin....about time we flushed out the noobs.
Edited by Holyvengence on 11/21/2010 12:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin

Ok. You must have fought some bad players.

Level 80 duels (snort) and BG's matter how? Also, rogues and warriors, lol.

But if you're having fun that's what counts. :P

Reply Quote
7 Tauren Shaman
yeah, installing clcret sure means ret "requires a lot of skill" now
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'm sure you are fine on live right now, as number were changed to help us out temporarily. The problem is that people are asking for help at level 85, not for 80 or the current build, and even so, they are asking more for help in mobility and utility rather than in numbers tweaking as you seem to be suggesting.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Mobility? Boy, i guess Hand of Freedom with only 20 sec cool down isn't enough :P. Oh look at that, Bubble removes snares too. Mobility isn't a problem, dumb asses are the problem.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Mobility? Boy, i guess Hand of Freedom with only 20 sec cool down isn't enough :P. Oh look at that, Bubble removes snares too. Mobility isn't a problem, dumb asses are the problem.

I wish i could sig this pro tip.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
holy power didn't add as much depth to retribution as people think. all our attacks are still on a CD. the only depth was added was making sure you hit TV at 3 hp instead of another attack. word of glory is barely worth casting on self.

offensive dispelling has become too common and is way too common in a post dispel resistance world. mages, priests, shamans, prot warriors, hunters, felhunter warlocks can all offensive dispel. made even worse by the fact that warlocks and prot warriors dispel automatically in the course of doing what they normally do.

currently our gap closing ability also snares us against mages. judgement needs its tri class nature resolved.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I don't get it, how was our class made more in depth? CS w/e CS and TV if you are choosing to WoG instead of TV it means you are dying and if you are dying you are not doing that great, specially if you have to reset your health 3 times back to full before killing anything. I will say though good for you if you are enjoying the new mechanics doesn't change the fact that casters still snare the frick out of a ret pally.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It's impossible to beat a good feral druid, as prot or ret.

This is a fact.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
holy power didn't add as much depth to retribution as people think. all our attacks are still on a CD. the only depth was added was making sure you hit TV at 3 hp instead of another attack. word of glory is barely worth casting on self.

offensive dispelling has become too common and is way too common in a post dispel resistance world. mages, priests, shamans, prot warriors, hunters, felhunter warlocks can all offensive dispel. made even worse by the fact that warlocks and prot warriors dispel automatically in the course of doing what they normally do.

currently our gap closing ability also snares us against mages. judgement needs its tri class nature resolved.

It changes up a bit when you have to keep a 3x Inquisition up at 85, otherwise dpsing as ret is still not difficult in any way but has surpassed most other spec rotations in complexity
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The damage is NOT fine and there is very little incentive to use tv over word of glory if you're below 70% health, unless you have a healer with you, that means almost always you will be at 70% health or less by the time you have built up your 3 holy power. I dueled an enhance sham and did 1.1m damage, 1.9m healing as ret. That's some good damage right there.
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Paladin
Imo, i love holy power, makes me have pick what i want to use wisely....should i heal myself or go for damage? And i honestly don't see how this spec is underpowered. I've dueled all kinds of classes and high rate of success (Especially against rogues and warriors).

Damage seems to be fine without wings popped (Though crusader strike could use maybe a 5% damage buff). I have no problem fighting any class (Frost mages are uber tricky though!).

So i give ret and holy power a bump for taking a class that didn't take much skill to a class that now requires a lot of skill and knowing how to respond in certain situations.

Damage is fine, Survivability is fine (Word of Glory ftw).For everybody who are QQing you need to learn how to manage holy power and focus on your certain situation whether in a duel or bg's to know when to use Templar's Verdict or Word of Glory.

Bring the skill not the QQ, learn how to play the new and improved ret paladin....about time we flushed out the noobs.

10/10
Reply Quote
81 Human Paladin
Level 80 duels (snort) and BG's matter how? Also, rogues and warriors, lol.

BGs are the only PvP other than duels available right now. So yes, they matter until the next arena season, which will be coming out a few weeks after Cataclysm does.

Think first and try again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's impossible to beat a good feral druid, as prot or ret.

This is a fact.

Nobody can beat a feral druid 1v1, what's your point?

Game isn't balanced around level 80 1v1
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]