warsong gulch change please

88 Human Paladin
probably an old topic but still a problem. In the case of a tie in warsong gulch, having the team that scored last completely stinks, makes no sense, and is unfair to the other team. I'd appreciate a fix for this.
Reply Quote
83 Human Warlock
It should be a draw or the team that scored first. Yeah, the last scored thing is kind of silly.
Reply Quote
60 Human Paladin
How is it unfair? It makes complete sense. Keeps the game going. Its working as intended and no way a problem that is in need of "fixing".
Reply Quote
19 Night Elf Priest
Not with you on this one. If the first team to cap wins, then they turtle the rest of the game and you lose. Having the last to cap win forces the opposition to leave their FR and play offense. If your a turtle-r sorry ):
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
It's like this because people need incentive to continue trying to win.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Well, a tie I can see happening when the score is even, for the flip side is a team can just camp outside the flag room until the other team gets a cap, then caps themselves and turtle.
Reply Quote
It's good the way it is. It makes complete sense, if the first team caps then all they will do is turtle. If the second capping team makes a cap, what do they care? They capped first so screw it.

No need for a fix here.
Reply Quote
probably an old topic but still a problem. In the case of a tie in warsong gulch, having the team that scored last completely stinks, makes no sense, and is unfair to the other team. I'd appreciate a fix for this.

Don't turtle on your 1 flag lead. End the game by capping another or risk getting hosed.

Working as intended.

C
Edited by Charäx on 11/21/2010 7:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage

You may not like it but the team that scored last is as fair as it can be. If a team scores first the other team has to score 2x just to have a lead and cause mass turtling which would defeat the purpose of the battle. With whatever team that scores last it keeps the game going especially in evenly matched opponents.

Let's say one team is leading 2 flag captures to none with 4 mins left. The other team has to score 3 flag captures or lose. 3 flag captures in 4 minutes is almost impossible and even if they tie it up the other side wins. Whats the point of even trying at this point? The team with 2 captures can pretty much even give up defending because the other team really doesn't have a chance to win.

Now with whatever team captures the flag last wins. Both teams are on their toes because it is definitely possible to capture 2 flags in 4 minutes. Not only does it keep both team involved it invokes some of the most dramatic and awesome pvp experience possible.

No change needed. The point of the battle is to try and constantly cap the flag and not cap one and turtle and camp mid. Whatever team captured the flag last obviously was the team that kept trying to fulfill the objective of the battleground
Edited by Subcult on 11/21/2010 7:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
It should be a draw imo.
Reply Quote
It's called momentum, I'm sure you're also the same person who gets super excited when they're down 0-2 and come back to tie and therefore win. As stated above it's to keep players from resting on their laurels.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Keeps the battleground an actual battle. Last score winning makes it worthwhile staying in a game that otherwise was lost.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
How bout taking out the time limit so people who actually like wsg can play a full game.

Oh god, no.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Not with you on this one. If the first team to cap wins, then they turtle the rest of the game and you lose. Having the last to cap win forces the opposition to leave their FR and play offense. If your a turtle-r sorry ):

Because that never happens now.

Never ever.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Ah, good ol' WSG without time limits... We had some pretty epic games, but sadly you are here no more...

Actually, turtles really sucked... Nevermind.
Edited by Erosis on 11/21/2010 12:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Ah, good ol' WSG without time limits... We had some pretty epic games, but sadly you are here no more...

Actually, turtles really sucked... Nevermind.

Well I mean... if you play with people who can't kill an fc with 100% debuff then yeah, that would suck.

Oh, there were times when there were so many healers or just not enough dps.... even WITH the 100% debuff... I will admit that the games felt a lot more epic, but in this day and age people don't want games that last hours. (I somewhat agree with that :P )
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]