Should retribution be viable in high end PvP?

Just a simple yes or no question.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Yes.

I'm going to add that every class/spec should have a pvp niche that it occupies. You know, 'Bring the player, not the class.'
Reply Quote
18 Undead Mage
Yes. They don't need to be Overpowered for this to happen though. Just because the majority of the player base of Retribution paladins aren't successful does not mean that the class is underpowered. It actually reveals something rather disturbing..that most Retribution paladins would refuse to hear true. A good and bad retribution paladin are easily distinguished.
Edited by Cheat on 11/21/2010 10:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
No. Because they won't stop complaining.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
No. Because they won't stop complaining.

You're absolutely right. They should all just keep quiet, stop playing their spec if it doesn't work, and roll Holy so you can enjoy your playtime in their company. Don't act so self-righteous, you would be doing the exact same thing if your spec was left in a similarly clunky and ineffective state. Only you'd call it constructive feedback, whereas with Paladins it's somehow always whining...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
All classes should have 1 viable PVP spec. At the moment for Pallies it's Holy.

What makes a Pally special in that they should get more than 1 viable pvp tree?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
every class and spec should. i smell a tinfoil hat (smells like chicken), someone thinks their class has been sabotaged...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
All classes should have 1 viable PVP spec. At the moment for Pallies it's Holy.

What makes a Pally special in that they should get more than 1 viable pvp tree?

All roles should be viable in PVP. Whether that's prot or ret for paladins as well as holy being viable, that's how it should be. Maybe he doesn't like healing. I can understand less importance of buffing ret if prot is doing awfully well since they're both melee specs, however, if neither is viable it is an issue.

If he doesn't like healing he should probably have rolled a non-hybrid class. Why should developers invest 3 times the effort into a class purely because it can heal, tank and dps?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
You're new to this game, on the character selection screen you like the idea of a knight of holy wrath.

Yeah, I wanted to be a fireman when I grew up. I guess you just need to learn to accept reality.

Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
It should be possible in every tree to build a spec that is competitive in high-end PvP and one that is competitive in high-end PvE.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Affix complaining about mages

Surely nobody takes Affix seriously anymore?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]