Best solo leveling spec from 80-85?

85 Undead Warlock
Does anyone have an opinion on what the best/fastest solo leveling spec is for pallies going from 80-85? I'm thinking of leveling my alt pally up to 85 a while after cata hits, but I'm not sure whether it will be more efficient to go prot or ret. Anyone have some input?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ret.

You can go prot if you want to level via instances but for obvious reasons, ret is better for leveling.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Really ret? Because I was told by someone with a beta key that prot with ret gear was in fact the best. Purely because aggroing multiple mobs and if 1 or 2 have special skills or hit hard it could get dicey and you might have to run away and/or die.

I would like someone with a Beta key to answer this. I currently have a ret and holy set and don't know which one I want to level in.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Really ret? Because I was told by someone with a beta key that prot with ret gear was in fact the best. Purely because aggroing multiple mobs and if 1 or 2 have special skills or hit hard it could get dicey and you might have to run away and/or die.

I would like someone with a Beta key to answer this. I currently have a ret and holy set and don't know which one I want to level in.

If I solo elites or something I just save my HP for WoG as Ret. Prot is better for packs of mobs, solo instances etc. For normal quests go ret. Besides AS what does prot have?
Edited by Doreii on 11/22/2010 2:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I'm lvling ret, i've done it for 80 levels, i can do it for 5 more.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]