Dispel Magic and Cure Disease

90 Goblin Priest
Sign if you've wiped a raid by using the wrong dispel type

(can't you just make dispel magic cure a disease)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
What? why? I miss Abolish Disease, but this has been the de facto since forever.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
There was a thread about this over on priest forums recently.

1.) As Physique said, that's no new change, you should be used to it by now!
2.) It would be a PvP nerf to combine priest's defensive dispels.
3.) It's not hard to remember which button to press.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
I don't think I've ever messed it up in a raid, but I have been healing on the priest since BC. I do agree that it's a clunky mechanic now that there's no abolish disease and EVERY single other healer has their defensive dispels all in one spell.

Once I did switch to a paladin mid-kara-raid and hit BOP on the tank on Prince cause i had abolish disease/cleanse on one key and dispel/BOP on another key. When I saw SWP on the tank, I reflexively hit the dispel button! Good times.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
I don't think I've ever messed it up in a raid, but I have been healing on the priest since BC. I do agree that it's a clunky mechanic now that there's no abolish disease and EVERY single other healer has their defensive dispels all in one spell.

Defensive Dispel/Offensive Dispel Magic would prevent a priest from making a smart choice dispelling in PvP (avoid dispelling VE/UA while trying to remove DP/DK diseases) without really making PvE easier.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I don't think they should be combined, though I do think cure disease should cure 2 diseases not just one.

I say this because dealing with 1 disease at the loss of a 1.5 seconds global cooldown is often not worth it.
Edited by Chadchad on 11/22/2010 12:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I do agree that it's a clunky mechanic now that there's no abolish disease and EVERY single other healer has their defensive dispels all in one spell.

Believe me, I would rather have them as separate buttons. Right now we can't take off poisons OR curses when VT or UA's up on the target.

For pve, it doesn't matter either way because crucial dispels will always be magic now. I can't think of a single non-magic debuff which was even mildly significant.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Priest
It was a bit confusing, I have all 4 healers at 80, and all the dispels were rolled into one besides priest's. It's not bad when you play the priest for periods of time, but sucks if you are switching between healers.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
The issue is that our primary and defensive dispel is, uniquely, the same spell. I'd rather have the offensive spell separate and the defensive dispels on the same button (like purge, then cure disease/magic together). I don't think it's really a big deal, but it does defy logic if you think about it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
The issue is that our primary and defensive dispel is, uniquely, the same spell. I'd rather have the offensive spell separate and the defensive dispels on the same button (like purge, then cure disease/magic together). I don't think it's really a big deal, but it does defy logic if you think about it.
It doesn't really defy logic. Dispel magic, or dispel disease. Not defensive/offensive dispels. I'm not sure how thats any more logical than how it is now. At any rate, as stated numerous times, it would be a fairly large PvP nerf to priests with little/no PvE benefit. And then shadow priests would either be able to dispel diseases in sform, or wouldn't be able to dispel magic, which is gross.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Why is it always a full 277 tier'd priest that suggests this...

1st guy said it makes for too many key binds...

this guy can't hit the right button...

PVE has really fallen off the wagon in wotlk.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
I've played a priest too long. I can probably play without any buttons on the screen (and for a while I didn't except for potions and trinket buttons). Alt LC for dispel, ALT RC for disease.

I get confused on my other 3 healing classes usually =P
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I have been playing resto druid lately and plan to do so in Cata, I also am leveling a priest on another server and I must say as a resto druid, having ONE spell that can remove curses, cure poison AND dispel magic is much easier than my priest and his two spells. Have yet to wipe a party because of it, but I've let a few ppl die...OOPS!

Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Cure has been around all expansion and was useful for LK and Rotface dispels, I really don't know what to tell you if you're still confusing Cure and Dispel.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Am I the only one still using Decursive?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Am I the only one still using Decursive?

hopefully.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Yeah, I was using my Cure Disease and...

Oh, wait...
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I don't think they should be combined, though I do think cure disease should cure 2 diseases not just one.

I say this because dealing with 1 disease at the loss of a 1.5 seconds global cooldown is often not worth it.

the spell says attempts to remove 1 disease every x secs for xsecs.
So in theory it can remove multiple diseases.
Edited by Meyrinhawke on 11/22/2010 10:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
24 Tauren Druid
the spell says attempts to remove 1 disease every x secs for xsecs.
So in theory it can remove multiple diseases.

This is no longer the case since patch 4.0.1
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=528#comments

As far as dispel magic and cure disease being separate, as another has mentioned I've only had problems with it when switching to another healer, whose keybinds are not the same.
Edited by Sevtaurnal on 11/22/2010 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]