Blood strike isn't in my rotation

85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'm only using three strikes for tanking at the moment and they are Heart, Death and Rune . I don't see a use for Blood strike. I honestly don't see a reason for any tree to use it actually with it's 80% weapon damage being pretty poor.

For those who use it, why do you use it? What's the main use of Blood strike

My blood runes are being used by Heart strike and Blood boil, so I'm not seeing an opportunity for Blood strike

There's not even a glyph for it, seems like a dead skill to me but I could be wrong, I didn't even use it pre 4.0.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
Frost...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
/facepalm

Tell me you're trolling?
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight
Is your question why should I use Blood Strike as Blood Spec? If so then the answer is you don't Heart Strike flat out replaces it. The only time you should EVER use it is when you are near at least 1 CCed target, then use Blood Strike. Hope that helped.
Reply Quote
Frost spec uses it to generate death runes...

Never thought of that b4, but now you've mentioned it, I started to think that BS existence for the sole purpose of death rune generation feels pretty lame and boring...

Now if there's a more interesting ability for generating Death Runes that would b awesome :)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight

Never thought of that b4, but now you've mentioned it, I started to think that BS existence for the sole purpose of death rune generation feels pretty lame and boring...

Now if there's a more interesting ability for generating Death Runes that would b awesome :)

Grats on kingslayer.
Reply Quote

Grats on kingslayer.

OMFG, stalker alert!!!

EDIT: now that makes you the perfect guy for serving our lady as a deathstalker :p and ty btw :)
Edited by Nivalas on 11/22/2010 1:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
lol I generally 'stalk' people's achievements, and sometimes WoL parses/rankings, to gauge their experience, noticed you had gotten it yesterday evening so thought you deserved a grats!

It seems you only have the achievement for LK on 10 man too, must have been a legit pug you joined! Lucky you, those never worked out for me!
Reply Quote
lol I generally 'stalk' people's achievements, and sometimes WoL parses/rankings, to gauge their experience, noticed you had gotten it yesterday evening so thought you deserved a grats!

It seems you only have the achievement for LK on 10 man too, must have been a legit pug you joined! Lucky you, those never worked out for me!

Only came back to wow from a very long break, if you stalked my activities far enough u would notice :p farmed JP for gear and started raiding for ach recently. While my guild does organize raids my 1st LK kill just happened to be from a pug grp lol.

Now don't judge me coz I am far from being carried :p my dps went as high as 12k+ in phase 1 (with 30% buff of coz) only dropping down due to defile/valk grab etc. Think that's not too bad with my ilvl (the warmace is obviously looted after the LK kill, I was using Quel'Delar).

EDIT: The Fury warr in the raid sustained 12k dps in the end and topped the chart but hey he was wielding 2 264 weps + sanctified and all that crap, i came off 2nd so ima still happy
Edited by Nivalas on 11/22/2010 3:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
;)
http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Icecrown_Citadel/The_Lich_King/10H/Frost_Death_Knight/?page=1#p-10733407

Keep in mind that those values for rankings are DPS(effective) which means it takes your active time. On a fight like H LK you usually lose like 4-6k dps from your 'recount value'. I think I was at like 26-28k during P1, Rime Proc'd HB really pads the meters. When I originally did this I was #2 but its already a month old and you move back pretty steadily.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Uhhh... I've never had Blood Strike on my bar in my blood spec.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]