10-19 Bracket WSG Input

80 Draenei Shaman
The Overpowered:
Rogues: Yet unnerfed, despite being able to--when fully decked out--drop a 19 warrior in heirlooms in a matter of seconds.

Hunters: Buffed, despite being able to drop overgeared people before they can get close.
" Disengage is now available at level 14, down from level 78, and has had its training cost updated."

Druids: Still running circles around everyone else. Feral is surprisingly deadly with mangle spam.

Warriors: My level 15 is landing MS crits in the neighborhood of 500 damage. And they're only going to get bigger. And I'm not the only one doing it. But its kinda necessary for when you only get to ranged targets with about 200 health left out of 800.

Holy Paladin: F***ing unkillable.

Input:
Man I'm glad new quests are coming so the misery that is this bracket will finally be over. How about instead of buffing hunters so that maybe they can survive overpowered rogue ambushes, why don't we just nerf the ambushes? I rolled a rogue, and I WAS hitting everything without a prot spec for 800+ damage ambush crits. 80% of the time, between gear and the talent.

I like the new compact trees, but some abilities just cannot be left in the first tier these days. Ambush wouldn't be such a lowbie nightmare if it wasn't given a talent for 60% crit that can be capped by level 13. Much like where MS is at; huge damage on a crit, but the chance of a crit happening is about 15%. Instead of Ambush, which is more like 80%. Hunters being able to kite stuff for days is only fun for the Hunter.

I'm not really even asking for number changes, and I'm not saying that lvl 10 noob in whites shouldn't be dropped if someone sneezes on him. But either some talents and abilities need to be removed from the bracket, or the counters need to be in place. Like for warriors, that would mean getting Intercept early on, or Charge being usable in combat. Since two out of three specs have a talent for it eventually, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't just be changed baseline.

Healing in general is pretty overpowered in this bracket. I don't know when priest learns their fast heal, but the paladin one is overpowered for the bracket and Shamans don't get their fast heal until 20 so some consistency across classes would be cool.

The Balanced:
DPS paladins are, surprisingly, pretty fine. It's really, really hard to get up to 3 HoPo for the massive Templar's Verdict, but its a massive hit at these levels so that seems fine. I mean, the Paladin stun is WAY TOO LONG for this level but that's about it.

Boomkins, surprisingly rare. Probably because ferals can outrun anything in the BG in cat form.

Warlocks, potentially underpowered in terms of dots. But the lack of fearbreaks tends to make up for that when the lock in question knows his class.

Who am I missing still? Mages. Mages are... mostly fine? I mean, some can hit pretty hard but, as a warrior, I'm not getting dropped before I can reach them. Maybe the people with heirlooms and such are just too busy with rogues, feral druids, and hunters to roll mages right now. Just like before the 4.0 patch came.

Priests. What can I say? Shadow is viable now. About time.

Summation:
So yeah, in short. Some abilities don't belong in this bracket, and I'm not talking about the damage ones people get at 10. Lots of roots and stuns, not so much in terms of ways to work around them. And I rolled a GNOME warrior, with a trinket, so I've got my ways of getting around snares and I STILL think its a problem. Hunters will be the new rogues when Disengage enters the picture. Warrior mobility is low against someone smart enough to get said warrior into combat ASAP. Nerf Rogues. Nerf Holy paladin (Word + Fast Heal = OP).

For once though, no one really needs to be buffed. Good job there, at least, us lowbies are finally dropping each other in a hurry.
Reply Quote
19 Draenei Mage
so when damage scales Tuesday will you still be crying about your XP on games?
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
PUG
Damage scaling is coming, maybe tomorrow. Just relax until then. Maybe I will be able to bring myself to play my rogue once again.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
Damage scaling is coming, maybe tomorrow. Just relax until then. Maybe I will be able to bring myself to play my rogue once again.

I've been keeping up with what appears on MMO Champ but I don't know exactly what Damage Scaling implies. I mean, aside from the obvious; damage is going to scale. Did they ever put out any numbers on this?

It's not just damage, either, tho. It might fix rogues being overpowered, but will it fix being kited by hunters who disengage when you get close? Will it make healers easier to kill?

The issues I brought up were as much about some talents or abilities being too much of an advantage at this level than about actual numbers. Like ferals running at 30% base speed by level 11. In a BG where no one has mounts, and 1/3 of the map is indoors anyway. At least Shamans can't spec GW into being instant until 21.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin

I've been keeping up with what appears on MMO Champ but I don't know exactly what Damage Scaling implies. I mean, aside from the obvious; damage is going to scale. Did they ever put out any numbers on this?

It's not just damage, either, tho. It might fix rogues being overpowered, but will it fix being kited by hunters who disengage when you get close? Will it make healers easier to kill?

The issues I brought up were as much about some talents or abilities being too much of an advantage at this level than about actual numbers. Like ferals running at 30% base speed by level 11. In a BG where no one has mounts, and 1/3 of the map is indoors anyway. At least Shamans can't spec GW into being instant until 21.

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r25107371-Cataclysm-4.0.3a-Patch-Notes

They posted this a few weeks ago.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin

Rogues are getting nerfed hard in lower brackets. All that matters.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r25107371-Cataclysm-4.0.3a-Patch-Notes

They posted this a few weeks ago.

Most of that is up on MMO Champ as of this morning. I guess I can be cautiously optimistic that the woes are almost over. Aside from hunters getting Disengage meaning that the kite-fest will be continuing...

Edit: Oh, and paladin getting a bonus heal after killing something. That might be a problem.
Edited by Tentacular on 11/22/2010 10:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Warrior
I love how many QQ threads there are, yet tomorrow is going to fix everything.

If by "fix" you mean making hunters ridiculously overpowered........again. Then, yes, it will be fixed tomorrow. Unless Disengage at 14 was just a rumor and isn't going live.

*edit*
not to take anything away from you Pizza. You are not one of the fotm huntards that only shows up when the class in it's most OP state. I know you've said that you were against Disengage at 14 on TI. Just make sure you direct us to any threads you create to try and correct this, so we can all get on board and put and end to this nonsense.
Edited by Fochixi on 11/22/2010 11:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman

I am completely against Hunters getting Disengage. I've been opening multiple GM tickets and making forum post suggesting them to raise the level.

Edit: Also, I'm sorry for current status of Alliance, but I'm not going to ease up because of it.

I have only one question... how the f*** do I get that hat for my warrior? ^_^
Reply Quote
83 Undead Rogue
Like for warriors, that would mean getting Intercept early on, or Charge being usable in combat. Since two out of three specs have a talent for it eventually, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't just be changed baseline.

I've never understood why Charge wasn't made usable in combat without having to talent for it. I mean you're a warrior, it's what you do. Unless development felt they wanted it to be used more as a surprise attack. But then they should just rename it to Surprise!
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Warrior
If they don't listen then I'll just roll up a level 14 hunter and keep running him through the exp-on bracket. I'm sure blizz will respond when the levelers start having their fun ruined.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Warrior
Like for warriors, that would mean getting Intercept early on, or Charge being usable in combat. Since two out of three specs have a talent for it eventually, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't just be changed baseline.

I've never understood why Charge wasn't made usable in combat without having to talent for it. I mean you're a warrior, it's what you do. Unless development felt they wanted it to be used more as a surprise attack. But then they should just rename it to Surprise!

I agree. Since they took away hamstring, and gave warriors Strike (/facepalm) instead, I'd like to see a brief slow tacked on to the charge. 1 Sec stun and maybe a 3 sec slow. Or just give warriors Charge and Intercept at level 4 and Hamstring at level 8. I certainly wouldn't have a problem with hunters having disengage then.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman

I suppose you could make a fundamental argument that it should be limited in use due to the rage generation aspect, but it's not exactly limited when two out of three specs are able to talent into having it. When combat at high levels is balanced around a warrior always being able to charge, since two specs can bounce from charge to intercept and back in combat, and Fury just drastically reduces the CD on Intercept.

The last straw, really, is the buff to the range of many casters making it even harder than ever to get in a Charge before getting hit by spells. We're at the point where Charge either needs a longer range or to be usable in combat.
Reply Quote
88 Night Elf Warrior
The last straw, really, is the buff to the range of many casters making it even harder than ever to get in a Charge before getting hit by spells. We're at the point where Charge either needs a longer range or to be usable in combat.

/agree
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]