6 months of Cannon Fodder?

85 Tauren Druid
Is this where healers are headed again in PVP? The first 6 months of Wrath made me swear off BGs and leaving town on anything other than my Ret Pallie for the rest of the expansion - I would like to hear from a Blue whether this sort of gameplay is going to be expected again, and if it is what quicker fixes will be made to prevent an entire role of the game being decimated on site for months.
Edited by Zowi on 11/22/2010 10:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I would like to hear from a Blue whether this sort of gameplay is going to be expected again

If you honestly expect a blue poster to come in and post yes then you're kind of dumb
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Moooving right along
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I would like to hear from a Blue whether this sort of gameplay is going to be expected again

If you honestly expect a blue poster to come in and post yes then you're kind of dumb

What I expect are assurances that it won't happen again - yeah I guess your right, that is dumb.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
The first 6 months of Wrath made me swear off BGs

The first 3 months of Cata are almost certainly going to feature unbalanced PVP.
Sorry to break the bad news.
The game is large, and has complex interactions.

Hopefully the developers will keep an eye on things and tune classes once they see the trends, but it'll take them a couple months to be able to make sure that they're seeing real trends and not just outliers.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
The first 6 months of Wrath made me swear off BGs

The first 3 months of Cata are almost certainly going to feature unbalanced PVP.
Sorry to break the bad news.
The game is large, and has complex interactions.

Hopefully the developers will keep an eye on things and tune classes once they see the trends, but it'll take them a couple months to be able to make sure that they're seeing real trends and not just outliers.

It should only take 3 weeks to see a trend, if it takes longer then Blizzard is just blind.

The trend should already be visible from beta.

Now that synergy is less important with the BG focus, and general overall power has taken the stand, I look forward to being told there's no place for me on BG teams on account of healing priest.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Is this where healers are headed again in PVP? The first 6 months of Wrath made me swear off BGs and leaving town on anything other than my Ret Pallie for the rest of the expansion - I would like to hear from a Blue whether this sort of gameplay is going to be expected again, and if it is what quicker fixes will be made to prevent an entire role of the game being decimated on site for months.

Haha, good luck going Ret this time.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Mastery will fix it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Now that synergy is less important with the BG focus, and general overall power has taken the stand, I look forward to being told there's no place for me on BG teams on account of healing priest.

Not really, because nobody could transplant a pvp team you could trust onto beta (Okay, maybe the BG9 elite could all wrangle invites, but not the rest). Finding good duels wasn't so bad, but it was a struggle beyond that to judge skill in team environments since nobody knows what anyone else "should" be capable of.

We'll see what happens.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard is doing much less player interaction this expansion, It will probably hurt communication and definitely damage community confidence. Just wait out the first 6 months of cataclysm, I'm considering letting my sub lapse until February, hopefully things might be fixed by then. At that point however I may already have moved onto another MMO.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Resilience will fix it.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest

Not really, because nobody could transplant a pvp team you could trust onto beta (Okay, maybe the BG9 elite could all wrangle invites, but not the rest). Finding good duels wasn't so bad, but it was a struggle beyond that to judge skill in team environments since nobody knows what anyone else "should" be capable of.

We'll see what happens.

This is bull. For years, certain pvp trends have been obvious, and still unaddressed.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Now that there are rated battlegrounds, it should be easy to see which classes are OP. If the top tier BGs are dominated by DKs, as they would have been at the launch of Wrath, then Blizzard should know something is terribly wrong.
Reply Quote
83 Human Paladin
Now that there are rated battlegrounds, it should be easy to see which classes are OP. If the top tier BGs are dominated by DKs, as they would have been at the launch of Wrath, then Blizzard should know something is terribly wrong.

lol i asked my daughter about this and she said "They're a hero class."
i looked at her kinda funny and asked why, and she just laughed and walked out of the room. It did dawn on me then that:

1) they can heal themselves
2) they can nuke, they can dot, they can aoe
3) they have a pet(s)
4) they wear plate
5) they can melee

vs. clothy heals who

1) can kinda heal now
2) can kinda nuke now
3) don't have a pet (unless you consider shadow creepy thing a pet)
4) and can't wear mail or leather, much less plate.
5) i suppose you can melee with a staff but it might be a bit slow going

So the female offspring is right: They ARE a hero class. :D Translated that means, they are so OP, if they were any more OP, they'd have to be in a different game!
Edited by Compash on 11/23/2010 8:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
<--- Shadow for the first couple months
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]