okay so for a new pally i have an inquiry

66 Blood Elf Paladin
my guild and i are screwing around and everyone says prot pally should go Str/Stam but we were screwing around with Int/Stam and wouldnt the increased spell damage from int (not to mention much needed extra mana for consecration holding agro) i took off most of my strength gear and was hitting the same damage and putting on an int/stam belt seemed to increase my damage and im still wearing it so my question aswell as my guild's i suppose is this.

What stat truely determines the damage of Avengers Shield, Holy Wrath, Consecration, ect ect ect and not just melee swings
Edited by Tehbloodyelf on 11/22/2010 10:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Paladin
yes this is a serious question
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
strength gives you SP in addition to AP

if you're spaming judgement you shouldn't have mana issues

you don't need to spam consecration
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Paladin
kk but what we were figuring i suppose i worded it wrongly does attack power or spell power determine the damage of attacks because strength is attack power and int is spell power i seem to be hitting more damage with spell power i understand the upside of strength its just a little test on the damage side purely dps related not str or end stats
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
most of your abilities scale with both

you can check all the details at wowhead.com
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Paladin
ty
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
hit > expertise > strength > int > ap > sp

which means gear with multiple of those stats is great

(gorilla gear)

fyi: don't bother stacking up stam until level 79 or so
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
therefore capping +hit and +exp are the greatest threat gain before stacking +str or AP

relevance to a level 37 character: zero.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]