2 Healing specs but wait...

85 Troll Druid
Your just seeing all the fotm shadow re rolls. They'll be gone in few months when they realize its not the ticket to pvp super-stardom they had hoped.

Quite a possible option.

I figure many of them will flock to their Fmages or Warlocks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I dunno, shadow feels pretty strong in duels that I've done on beta. And that's not taking into account how well shadow operates with a peeler :P Predicting widespread pvp trends is beyond me, but shadow certainly seems viable at 85. It also has infinite mana without even dispersing, so...

And yes, I was talking about Holy and Disc combined. It's still the same class, even if different specs.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
No doubt it's strong as it should be. But the insane haste and crit levels that pushed it way over the top will be gone and unless things have changed significantly on the beta your reports of shadow's infinite mana pool are very very different from what has been reported on the beta forums. I honestly don't know and thats part of the excitement of any new expansion I would think.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'd wonder what they're doing, because between shadowfiend, Masochism (10% mana every time you SW:D), and Dispersion I never found myself worrying about mana. If you're focused, that means using Dispersion as a defensive CD returns you mana. If you're not focused, you can use SW:D as a huge mana returner. Oh, and a good portion of spell crits (Edit: spells cast on you, not by you :P) will proc Masochism as well.

But anyway, Priests are in very good shape. If people are rerolling, it's undoubtedly because of the tsunami of QQ early in beta as opposed to reality right now.
Edited by Faveokatro on 11/22/2010 4:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
^ good to hear
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Id say Shadowpriest are in good shape.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Quite simple. I have been a healer on my priest since Vanilla. I will be a healer come Cata. To level I need to go Shadow, healing spec I am anticipating will be far too slow & frustrating. To PVP at level 80 I need to be shadow and I am having fun with it. At the moment I am spending as much time as shadow as I can.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Shadow Priest are quite OP right now, easy faceroller. Take straw out of pocket and drink people's HP and dots that are even more potent than Locks these days.

Reply Quote
66 Human Priest
one of the main reasons more and more priests are speccing shadow, is because lately our healing has been way underpowered, or other healers are way overpowered, whichever way you want to look at it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
According to armory datamining only 40% of priests are shadow. 40% of paladins are retribution.

I'm not sure exactly what it means that 40% of priests are shadow or why it would be sad though.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
I find it very sad that Priest has 2 healing specs but from I see on my server, at least 50% (this is made up on the spot) of the Priest I see, are shadow. Now im not sure of the real number, but I see many more shadow priest than i do holy/disc priest.

I find it ironic that the icnonic healing class ends up having its DPS spec as its most played spec.

Priests gotta get it together, there are some Japanese healers doing it cheaper and faster.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is based of top guild tests as of less than a week ago. People who know their class and the game in general far more than you and I. Also, I don't think I'd be going to far to say they know it better than Blizzard. And if they are rerolling away from Priests than there must be a big issue.

According to my personal experience as Holy in 2 10-HMs, with healers from server first guilds. Notice that when I healed in those runs, I could actually look at recount splices attempt to attempt, fight to fight as well as relative mana situations. Find me a log which was parsed as such and doesn't include garbage heals on trash (which a lot of the time priests will spend MCing btw), and I'll believe you that Priests are "50% below pallies"
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
This data is a bit old, but Holy is the least popular healing spec in the game, followed closely by Disc. I think if anything Cataclysm will make Holy even less popular. Imo the spec is getting more complicated, less capable, and ultimately and less rewarding.

http://armorydatamining.appspot.com/general?t=PopBigPicture

Isn't having 2 Heal specs in 1 class skewing the data though? Everyone who rolls a Shaman and wants to heal has to be Resto. As a Priest they now chose between 2 specs splitting the data of people. When you combine Holy + Disc in that graph it's higher then Shadow.

Does that mean there's more Priest healers than Shadow?
Reply Quote
70 Troll Priest
Im Disc/Holy because I find shadow so bleh to play. I enjoy healing now, I didnt start till about 41. So eh to each there own. I know at my level I dont have any issues healing 5 mans.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I haven't had a Shadow spec since before Wrath. I would have to switch between Holy and Discipline depending on my group.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Why would you ever duel spec holy/disc?

anyone?

That's an honest question.

seems to me that probably 90+% of all priests would main shadow, or offspec shadow.

Also, with that in place they can Que as both DPS and heals
I'm dual holy/disc. I hate shadow, absolutely hate it. I have many 80s that can dps. This one is a healer.

I like to be disc in 5mans because it's more facerolleasy. Holy is for raids. We already have a disc priest.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I have just started healing as a priest. My problem with queing to heal random heroics is, I keep getting brainless tanks that do not gem or enchant thier gear to make a healers job easier then scream the healer sucks when they take too much damage.

I have tanked for a very long time as both a druid and warrior, I am the type of player that will run to the AH and grab gems and chant scrolls as soon as I pick up a piece of gear that wa san upgrade.

So to bypass being called a bad healer by some scrub un gemmed and chanted pug tank I will just Que as DPS.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This data is a bit old, but Holy is the least popular healing spec in the game, followed closely by Disc. I think if anything Cataclysm will make Holy even less popular. Imo the spec is getting more complicated, less capable, and ultimately and less rewarding.

http://armorydatamining.appspot.com/general?t=PopBigPicture

Yes the numbers say that it is the least popular. But all the healing specs and actually all the specs in the game are very close to one another.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]