How's elemental in Cata?

74 Draenei Shaman
In the past it's been a little bit boring but I'm thining about switching over in cata because it's been forever since I have speced elemental.

So just curious how it is in Cata if anyone is in beta....

Thanks.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Not in the beta. However, while thinking of Cata, I have noticed what would change in pve and pvp fights.

Spritwalker's grace for 10 seconds of mobility that you don't have to change your rotation for.

Unleash weapon to make lava burst even spikier.

Basically 2 more cooldowns. 15second and 2minute?
The most entertaining part is being able to reach the second tier in the second tree of your choice. Better heal assist in resto (shock increasing heal effect) and Insta-wolf for better repositioning (and better lightning shield).
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Elemental doesn't have a rotation anymore, which means that it's not really very boring at all anymore. It's a similar priority system to Enhance (albeit with a less tight rotation) so it makes it a hell of a lot more fun to play due to procs.

The Mastery stat is also a lot of fun to toy with right now too. I believe I'm touting almost 40% chance of elemental overload, up from the base of 16% thanks to reforging.

I'd definitely recommend giving it a go as it's a fairly dominant spec at the moment :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I've been having a huge amount of fun with it. Probably will stay Elemental through Cata, I wanted a class that provided enough versatility to prevent boredom as well as enough flavor between specs to make switching fun. My other 80s don't really provide that with the exception of Druid but I prefer Elemental to Balance (even though Balance is great).
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
...I wanted a class that provided enough versatility to prevent boredom as well as enough flavor between specs to make switching fun. My other 80s don't really provide that with the exception of Druid but I prefer Elemental to Balance (even though Balance is great).

I have this problem too. I call it the "curse of the hybrid class". I just can't play a class that can't fulfill multiple roles anymore :(
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Elemental at 85

PvE- New "rotation" is not a rotation anymore, its a dynamic priority list. Between balancing shock durations and shock CD, fulmination stacks, Unleashed Elements, Dynamic elemental overload CD durations,and Lava surge procs, the "rotation" has become exciting, reactionary, and requires moment to moment decision making for optimal performance. Ele is by far more entertaining in a PvE environment then ever before.

PvP- We still suffer from a lack of survivability, mobility, and options on the go. Though in the upcoming PvP environment, with focus being on Rated BGs, rather then arena, this is not as crippling as it would be in the past.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]