Dalaran Jewelcrafting Token Grind-O-Rama...

80 Draenei Paladin
I hate for this to sound like a QQ thread but...

One token a day? Really? Now I'm sure someone is going to bring up the damaged necklace quest but the drop rate is next to nil and they are rather pricey on the auction house if there is any there at all. Not a reliable way to get tokens in the slightest.

What I would love to see is an alternate way to get these. Perhaps a token vendor that allows you to trade frozen orbs (or something, it was just the 1st thing that popped in my head) for tokens or simply more dailies. I did the math and also found it on a forum that it will take over 500 days to get each pattern. This seems a bit ridulous. Enchanting has a shard exchange, why not something similar for JC where you could trade a number of gems for a cut pattern. There has to be a better way.

Let the flames begin :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
You can turn in Titanium Dust (obtained by prospecting Titanium) to the daily quest guy for a token also.

It used to take 500 days or thereabouts to get all the patterns via just the daily. It is a bit less now since they removed a bunch of patterns due to some stats being taken out of the game. This large number was on purpose. The expansion has been out for 2 years and Dalaran will be in the game for the forseeable future. JCs that started doing the dailies soon after LK launch have probably had them all for a long time. If you are coming to the party late you have to catch up, that's how every profession works. At least as a JC you have a reliable way to get these patterns, unlike profs that require you to get rare raid drops or world drops.

All those patterns are obsolete as of two weeks from now, so the only reason to get them all is to be a collector - and trust me, there are far harder grinds as a profession collector than 500 dailies.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin
You raise some very good points and I appreciate the response. Titanium dust seems a lot like the damaged necklace to me, in the sense that titanium is rare and very expensive and doesn't guarantee a dust drop (at least the last time I attempted to use it as a means of getting tokens) and thus not a reliable path to tokens. With Cata looming on the horizon, it seems even more likely to ease up on the DJT grind, with JCers trying to get the skill needed to do the new Cata gem cuts.

I am in complete agreeance that JCers relativly have it easy compared to BS, LW and Tailors whose best patterns are deep within ICC. Thanks again for the response.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
You can hand in damaged necklaces, you can hand in titanium dust, if your a completionist who needs every pattern then start earlier.

Enchanting has shard turn ins, it also has random dungeon drops, perhaps you would like the prospect of farming Uldaar 25(not 10) for a pattern with sub 1% drop rate.

My JC got every single USEFUL pattern in about 6 months, that not that far off how long it took me to farm the shards back at the start of the xpac for every enchanting pattern.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Priest
aus
Regardless of how long it would take you as a JCer to get the Dalaran recipes with 1 token a day, it is much better than having to fight the RNG.

Enchanting has shard turn ins, it also has random dungeon drops, perhaps you would like the prospect of farming Uldaar 25(not 10) for a pattern with sub 1% drop rate.

Hi Mate. ;)

I didn't have a lot of luck with Enchanting formulae and Ulduar. I'm currently only missing 4 enchants - 3 of them having a <1% drop in raids (2 from Ulduar, 1 from RAQ/TAQ), and 1 world drop.

Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
As was said above, I really wouldn't worry about this much. In two weeks the wrath gems will be vendor trash just as the BC ones are now. No point in learning recipes for gems no one will buy.

I can't even remember getting a piece of gear from a quest in Wrath with gem sockets in it…
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
It's supposed to be hard to get all the patterns. If it's easy to get all the patterns, then everybody has all the patterns, and there's no profit in the rare ones.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
You can turn in Titanium Dust (obtained by prospecting Titanium) to the daily quest guy for a token also.

It used to take 500 days or thereabouts to get all the patterns via just the daily. It is a bit less now since they removed a bunch of patterns due to some stats being taken out of the game. This large number was on purpose. The expansion has been out for 2 years and Dalaran will be in the game for the forseeable future. JCs that started doing the dailies soon after LK launch have probably had them all for a long time. If you are coming to the party late you have to catch up, that's how every profession works. At least as a JC you have a reliable way to get these patterns, unlike profs that require you to get rare raid drops or world drops.

All those patterns are obsolete as of two weeks from now, so the only reason to get them all is to be a collector - and trust me, there are far harder grinds as a profession collector than 500 dailies.

trust me he has a very valid point, try getting enchant weapon blade warding and blooddraining.
the only other people who show up to ulduar 25man are the other 24enchanters praying for that 1 recipe to drop and only get one chance at it a week, 500dailies is a small comparison to rare drop rate which can only be attempted once per week against 24other people like most proffs rare patterns
Reply Quote
82 Draenei Priest
No point in learning recipes for gems no one will buy.

If you don't get all the patterns/recipes/cuts for your professions then you'll find yourself waking up in the middle of the night, twitchin' and cussin'. Trust me, it ain't pretty.

That said, I like the way the JC dailies worked for Wrath and hope that Cata does the same thing.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]