Blood and thunder ?? Good or bad

83 Orc Warrior
I jsut wanted to get everyone's opinion on this talent.... if you don't know all it does is refresh rend and spread it to every mob! But are the two points in it worth it.. does it gen enough threat.. or is it just a cool talent to have? If you have had great sucess wit hthis talent then plz expalin why if not plz expalin also =0
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warrior
I like it for aoe tanking, gives a bit more threat and keeps everything attached to you. Plus it's nice for aoe farming. But, If I were respecing for raiding I wouldn't take it.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
From a 5 man standpoint I find its very nice to due limited mass aoe threat generation. Every little bit helps.

From a raiding standpoint its usefulness will vary encounter to encounter so its kind of hard to say.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
It will be completely mandatory single target and AoE come cataclysm. Get used to it now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
It's a good talent, but I'm still having difficulty getting used to it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
I have 2 prot specs, my AE spec utilizes Blood and Thunder and it's one of the more awesome talents I've used. In raid AE trash pulls it does about 1000 dmg per tick, which, x300% defensive stance multiplier is 1000 tps per target. For staggered adds, cleave off the GCD and Blood and Thunder utilizes a lot of snap + steady threat, that if used correctly makes adds easy as cake.
Reply Quote
If PvE Arms ever gets competitive with Fury, it might be worth taking since Arm's Rend is a pretty good DoT. Spreading it to 10+ mobs will net a lot of damage.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I think Blood and Thunder was one of the better new talents they available for warriors. Its really nice for WoLK heroic grinding with all the aoe-fest going on.

As for raiding, the ability to keep it up with TC makes it more convenient, cuts down on the gcd's you use apposed to rend and TC.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
im a pve arms. blood and thunder has been a great help to run heroics and kill raid trashes, when there's lotta aoe fights the only class that can even get close to my dps is frost dk due to their howling blast. it doesnt help boss fights and bgs(sometimes fun to use in bgs tho) at all
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
For 5 mans its great; can't see tanking without it. For raids, probably less needed, though itcan be used to keep rend just by thunder clapping instead of having to manually re-apply rend.
Edited by Nohman on 11/20/2010 11:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
It will be completely mandatory single target and AoE come cataclysm. Get used to it now.

.... tell me you're kidding. AoE tanking yes of course. But, I'm not really sure how you could come up with that it's mandatory for single target tanking.

I think the loss of deep wounds makes it a requirement, even for single target threat (bosses).

It only takes one gcd to keep it up the entire encounter, since your already keeping thunderclap up.

As for the loss of deep wounds... if you're talking about now then yes... it is pretty awesome cause we dont have that... however come 85 after you have things on farm you could switch to something like this http://wowtal.com/#k=_CM5wYFI.a8t.warrior. which will produce a nice chunk of threat... or this for single target http://wowtal.com/#k=_5s9sWvB.a8t.warrior.
Edited by Vassive on 11/21/2010 5:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
73 Human Paladin
It stupidly good for aoe threat, but will you want it in a single target tanking progression build?
Thats something that we will only know with time.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior

.... tell me you're kidding. AoE tanking yes of course. But, I'm not really sure how you could come up with that it's mandatory for single target tanking... barring a rather intense case of down syndrome.

I'm not kidding. When they buffed the AP Scalar on Rend/TC, it was buffed to the point that the TC to refresh rend single target is similar priority to that of a non-shield blocked shield slam. You can go check the math for yourself, if you want. (This doesn't yet apply to live, the changes will probably come in with 4.0.3a, though)
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
To be honest ... unless I missed something.. I'm not really sure how you're numbers are reaching that... 4.0.3a is not making any adjustments to TC and Rends base damage and DoT damage are being lowered. The threat gain currently from TC remains the same whether it refreshes rend or not .... now if you take the threat gen from every tic of rend between TC's and add it in to TC threat then that is just slightly less than a non buffed shield slam..(these numbers assuming you're speced for thunderstruck and BnT) you're absolutely right. However, when doing rotations prioritizing TC over HS you cant really HS all too much... and the threat gen from using HS every three seconds (assuming speced for incite) beats out the thunderstruck and bt speced threat of 2 rend tics and a TC every 6 seconds .. I can take down the actual numbers from my parses if you want.. I'm just doing some real quick. Now if you wanna spec for both incite and BnT and Thunderstruck then yeah... the threat would be good... but in alot of situations you might not have the rage and thats 4 talent points wasted if you dont.... they can be better spent elsewhere. When I have more time I'll run these numbers again after tuesday.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I think the loss of deep wounds makes it a requirement, even for single target threat (bosses).

It only takes one gcd to keep it up the entire encounter, since your already keeping thunderclap up.

I kinda wish they would've made the talent boost the duration of rend up to 30 seconds, so you only have to refresh it when you refresh thunderclap.

But I guess for a first tier talent that would be a little op, since other specs could get it (not to mention a 30s bleed would be a bit op in itself). Maybe they could've swapped it with Improved Revenge, or Bastion of Defense, to get it lower in the tree.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior

I kinda wish they would've made the talent boost the duration of rend up to 30 seconds, so you only have to refresh it when you refresh thunderclap.

But I guess for a first tier talent that would be a little op, since other specs could get it (not to mention a 30s bleed would be a bit op in itself). Maybe they could've swapped it with Improved Revenge, or Bastion of Defense, to get it lower in the tree.
Personally I use TC every time it's off cd when I'm AoE tanking. For AoE I try to keep cleave, revenge, Shockwave, and Thunderclap on cd all the time. I fill the gaps with Shield Slams and Devastates. I mean I'm not an expert but it just makes sense to me to use Thunderclap every chance you get when you're tanking 4 or more mobs for the even distribution of threat that it gives, even though it's not a huge amount.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]