Troll Druids?

85 Tauren Druid
Alright so, here's how it went down (probably)

3 trolls are sitting around a Hookah, in the middle of Barrens, just chillin by one of the newly fertile pools.

Troll 1 says, "Hey mon, da hookah be knockin on me butt. I be flippin' out mon!"
Troll 2 replies, "Chill out mon, you just be doin' dah voodoo shuffle."
Troll 1 "Oh, you be right, mon. I'm cool now. What do you think troll 3 is thinking about now, mon?"
Troll 3 replies, "I tink, I can be a bear, mon."
Troll 1 and 2 reply in unison, "No way, mon, you be flippin' out"
Troll 3 morphs into a bear.
Troll druids were born.

Blizzard, all my contact info is in my Bnet account, get at me with a creative writing job offer, thanks.

CY@
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Alright so, here's how it went down (probably)

3 trolls are sitting around a Hookah, in the middle of Barrens, just chillin by one of the newly fertile pools.

Troll 1 says, "Hey mon, da hookah be knockin on me butt. I be flippin' out mon!"
Troll 2 replies, "Chill out mon, you just be doin' dah voodoo shuffle."
Troll 1 "Oh, you be right, mon. I'm cool now. What do you think troll 3 is thinking about now, mon?"
Troll 3 replies, "I tink, I can be a bear, mon."
Troll 1 and 2 reply in unison, "No way, mon, you be flippin' out"
Troll 3 morphs into a bear.
Troll druids were born.

Blizzard, all my contact info is in my Bnet account, get at me with a creative writing job offer, thanks.

CY@

rofl
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
When Vol'jin told his people to flee a small band of Trolls stayed behind, They were Priests, Shamans and Witch doctors. Zalazane was controlling the spirits of the isles, So those who stayed behind started to lose connection with thier spirit loa.

Then a raptor loa showed up and told Zen'tabara that she needed to get helps from all of the spirit loa's in order to defeat Zalazane. Well its very uncommon for trolls to worship more then one loa since the others will get jealous. Anyways this raptor loa took Zen'tabara to the emerald dream and forced the other animal spirit loas to train her and her people if she freed the isles from zalazane and the mindless servants.

Now trolls are trying to make their way into the cenarion circle since they do have access to druidism and the emerald dream. But the night elves are not to fond of the idea since trolls and night elves/tauren worship loas in different ways.

If you make a new troll druid Zen'tabara will give an option for the story. its more detailed then mine.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

there some kind of lore refering to th tigers on echo islands are druids... and basically they;ve been waiting for the right moment to reveal themselves..

here is something that someone found:

http://www.wowhead.com/blog=157859/spoiler-lore-behind-troll-druids

How in the world is that a spoiler? It was revealed in the "taking back Echo Isles" questline, which isn't even in the game anymore. :P
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
When Vol'jin told his people to flee a small band of Trolls stayed behind, They were Priests, Shamans and Witch doctors. Zalazane was controlling the spirits of the isles, So those who stayed behind started to lose connection with thier spirit loa.

Then a raptor loa showed up and told Zen'tabara that she needed to get helps from all of the spirit loa's in order to defeat Zalazane. Well its very uncommon for trolls to worship more then one loa since the others will get jealous. Anyways this raptor loa took Zen'tabara to the emerald dream and forced the other animal spirit loas to train her and her people if she freed the isles from zalazane and the mindless servants.

Now trolls are trying to make their way into the cenarion circle since they do have access to druidism and the emerald dream. But the night elves are not to fond of the idea since trolls and night elves/tauren worship loas in different ways.

If you make a new troll druid Zen'tabara will give an option for the story. its more detailed then mine.

I took the story to also mean that the spirits trolls don't normally go to for help, the ones that are behind Night Elf/Tauren druidism, were also helping the trolls since Zalazane was such a threat and a blight to the land.

Transcript here:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?sid=1&topicId=26859121182
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I dont know if this is what blizz is thinking,but in my mind, for now at least, troll druids arnt really druids, they are just non-evil loa worshipers that have been gifted. We have only ever seen evil trolls shapeshift (i think) but most trolls worship the loa.

The druid tag is a gameplay thing, similar to tauren paladins (not really pallies,they are lightwalkers or something) and the original blood elf pallies were blood knights and stole their power rather than genuine gift from the light.

Again,this is my own thinking,maybe there is lore somewhere or incoming that im not aware of saying they are really just druids
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
In addition to the great transcript above, we should also bear in mind that Night Elf Druids that you see before WoW actually tend to focus on a specific animal or discipline in terms of their shape-shifting ("of the Claw", "of the Talon"). Bearing that in mind, it isn't hard to imagine Loa Priests becoming druids and assuming multiple forms with the proper guidance from the spirits.

I would be interested to hear more about Gonk, and how he was able to grant access to the Emerald Dream, though. Hopefully Blizzard will flesh this out, as well as the Trolls' relationship to the Cenarion Circle.
Reply Quote
How in the world is that a spoiler? It was revealed in the "taking back Echo Isles" questline, which isn't even in the game anymore. :P

Sad part is most people don't read their quests. They are to busy alt tabbing to thottbot or something to see what to do next.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Everywhere I look, regardless of class, everyone is basically a troll now.
I think the race number definately increased dramastically.
Worgen got druid, so there needed to be 2 druid races on Horde.
(Each class is balanced on both Horde and Alliance, except Paladins which are fewer on Horde and Shamans which are fewer on Alliance)
Troll made the most sense.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Everywhere I look, regardless of class, everyone is basically a troll now.

Trolls got a really great new starting zone. That last quest in Echo Isle (before you get sent to Sen'jin Village) is just plain epic. That alone is a pretty strong incentive to roll a Troll. That, and I think they're probably the most "palatable" race in terms of aesthetics for Alliance re-rolls.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
It makes more sence to me that trolls would be druids than worgen....Worgen are half human half wolf and can magically shift into druid form as well....That makes sence....But the oldest class in the game doing it makes no sence? Generally the oldest are the wisest not much of a stretch for them to know druid forms and be hidden away with it....As far as worgens case why did the worgen not cure their own race long ago? And ok they was once magic practicing humans but when was the last time you seen a worgen using any druid type spells....If anything worgen were more like a lock or a mage...
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Druid
Also just because you see troll animal bosses in raids doesn't mean they are druids. What those trolls are doing is stealing, killing, or becoming an avatar for their loa gods.

That's exactly what they are. When you create a troll druid the trainer explains they aren't an avatar of any one loa anymore but they worship multiple loas. Mechanic wise they are exactly the same but lore wise they are a bit different.
Reply Quote
71 Troll Druid
All races have their own special lore behind their classes. Blood elves literally STOLE the light to become Paladins. Dranaei shamans, Where the F**k did they come from?
Trolls have always been kin to the beasts. We have cat and bear loas, and our shamans are already powerful healers. Now intead of following one Loa, we follow all of them. Multiple animals = druid.

Honestly Lore gets twisted sometimes. It's fun and exciting, grow up.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Druids have hands down the best, if not some of the best lore in warcraft to date.

The exciting thing about troll druids, is that they have actually emerged as a playable druid that stems from its learning of the druish arts from a source different then the NE / taurens / worgen, and its pretty cool!

Trolls, like orcs, have always been extremely connected to the spirit world, only unlike orcs, who reach out to the spirits for guidance, the trolls are nearly controlled by fear and worship of the spirits in their culture. This is what set the scene for the spirits that inhabit the echo isles to reach out to the trolls in the great time of turmoil during the echo isles conflict.

Its pretty neat stuff! I'm interested to see how the cenarion circle (which is mostly NEs) handles its politics with regards to these new troll druids emerging in the world.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Class with the best lore

Druids

Race with the best lore

Trolls

Reply Quote
44 Troll Druid
its their lore and their game, blizz says trolls can be druids and its bulletproof. its like complaining to god that it doesn't make sense for men to have nipples
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/04/2010 10:28 PMPosted by Greymalkin
Class with the best lore

Druids

Race with the best lore

Trolls

Well.......i dunno about that! Orcs and Nightelves are kinda hard to beat, they've got so much book / novel history giving them backstory its re-dic.
Reply Quote
78 Troll Druid
11/20/2010 4:39 PMPosted by Tyredar
Well, far as I can see, trolls do make a little sense. They have Resto healers already in the form of shamans

yah know this logic never really works. I'm not getting into lore and if troll druids really make sense or not (I like trolls anyways so I'm fine with it), but shamans and druids are different.

A troll doesn't watch a shaman heal and then say well we can tweak this to be like a druid and I kind of know what's going on here cause of that shaman.

It's like saying a race that could be a priest could also be a paladin cause they both use the light.

It's not anywhere near the same. They follow very distinctive paths in how they function as a class. You just sound like a moron when you say stuff like this
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/05/2010 12:08 AMPosted by Xial
11/20/2010 4:39 PMPosted by Tyredar
Well, far as I can see, trolls do make a little sense. They have Resto healers already in the form of shamans

yah know this logic never really works. I'm not getting into lore and if troll druids really make sense or not (I like trolls anyways so I'm fine with it), but shamans and druids are different.

A troll doesn't watch a shaman heal and then say well we can tweak this to be like a druid and I kind of know what's going on here cause of that shaman.

It's like saying a race that could be a priest could also be a paladin cause they both use the light.

It's not anywhere near the same. They follow very distinctive paths in how they function as a class. You just sound like a moron when you say stuff like this

lol its true....

They do the same thing, they just do it a different way.....and that in itself is what makes it two seperate worlds

A shaman who calls upon the spirits / elements to heal someone
vs.
A druid who invokes the rejuvenating and growing abilities of nature in order to heal

Two completely different forms of restoration. A shaman just doesnt decide one day "well i do this just like a druid, might as well pickup another druid school of magic and make the switch"

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]