Troll Druids?

78 Troll Druid
Troll Druids aren't really druids like the Night Elves are. They are actually witch doctors or priests who worship the Loa spirits, granting them shapeshifting abilities.

Go look at Zul'Gurub or Zul'Aman. Pretty much every boss is associated with a Loa animal spirit and he or she shapeshifts into that animal form, be it tiger, bat, bear, lynx, dragon hawk, spider, etc.

How can you question this lore when right in front of you are Worgen Druids? Aka. Human druids? Yes, Blizzard created some lore to justify this but it's not nearly as convincing as the Trolls having a history of shapeshifting since WoW's release.
Reply Quote
Perhaps they're more alike then you realize ie, maybe the loa are connected to the emerald dream or something, you never know.

Anyway, saying you can't have troll druids because they worship loa would also mean:
-No undead holy/disc priests
-No Tauren Priests or Paladins
-No Draenei Paladins or priests
-No Blood Elf Paladins or Priests
-No troll priests.
-No shadow priests for humans, dwarves, anyone who isn't undead except maybe troll.
-No Night Elf Priests.

All the above race/class combos are known to lorewise differ from the original class, yet they are kept in the game for balance and because the abilities between the above and the originals are so similar that they can function as the same.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
12/05/2010 2:26 AMPosted by Jenzali
Troll Druids aren't really druids like the Night Elves are. They are actually witch doctors or priests who worship the Loa spirits, granting them shapeshifting abilities.

Go look at Zul'Gurub or Zul'Aman. Pretty much every boss is associated with a Loa animal spirit and he or she shapeshifts into that animal form, be it tiger, bat, bear, lynx, dragon hawk, spider, etc.

How can you question this lore when right in front of you are Worgen Druids? Aka. Human druids? Yes, Blizzard created some lore to justify this but it's not nearly as convincing as the Trolls having a history of shapeshifting since WoW's release.

Well.....thats how the door was opened, but all the troll druids now really are druids!

BUT unlike begining night elf, tauren, and worgen druids, trolls are a little bit more unique and that's because of the trolls' affinity with the spirit realm, they can actually begin their path to being druids INSIDE the emerald dream, to commune with the animal spirits and be taught directly by them. Entering the Emerald Dream is something that most druids need and require some experience in order to acomplish.

But trolls are as much guardians now of the natural order of azeroth as any other Cenarion Circle race, heck, its the only reason they currently exist.
Edited by Aleckale on 12/5/2010 3:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Druid
The Raptor Loa Gonk came to a Darkspear Troll and took her into the Emerald Dream where the various Loa taught the troll druidism as a means to connect to the loa in a way that couldn't be clocked off by Zalazane's magic (He was interupting the voodoo priest's and shaman's prayers this whole time). I like to call Gonk Raptor Jesus personally, because Gonk is a rather bland and not so trollish name.

Trolls do not steal the Loa's power. The Zul'Gurub priests were being granted their powers by the loa. The Zul'Aman trolls became avatars for their loa. Both cases the loa were completely willing to give their power to the trolls.

The DRAKKARI were the ones who killed and ate their loa to gain power, and this was only because the Scourge was on their doorstep, and Arthas was somehow weakening the Loa by blighting the land. Yes, it seems the loa are indeed beings of nature, not unlike the Antients of the Night Elves but stronger and less physical. So just as Malorne and Cenarius are beings of druidism, the loa can be considered as such as well.
Reply Quote
67 Tauren Paladin
11/20/2010 3:38 PMPosted by Dalamaris
I am rather curious as to why trolls got druids (lore wise). It seems to me blizz gave them druids so more people might play them (They can be almost every class cept for paladin just like how dwarfs can be all classes cept druids).

I can understand wanting to balance race population and such but at least put in a good lore reason why they have the new class. Look at the dwarfs, their new classes perfectly make sense. Wildhammers have had shamans, and the Dark Iron have had mages and locks ever since vanilla. So in cata when they are all back in IF for the most part of course they are going to teach their Bronze Beard cousins those skills.

Trolls on the other hand don't have as much support. Locks, eh ok, trolls have always been kinda shadowy, not a leap to say they can get locks (I would still like more backing on this though, as them being a shadowy race doesn't really do it for me).

Troll druids don't have jack, zip, zilch, nill, on druid lore backing. The taurens certainly aren't teaching them, and their reason for appearance is that they have been hiding on lost isles all these years. Then where did those troll druids learn to be druids? Also just because you see troll animal bosses in raids doesn't mean they are druids. What those trolls are doing is stealing, killing, or becoming an avatar for their loa gods. IE they are taking their power, hence why trolls look like the loa gods. That is not a druid, that is more of a priest thing. Trolls in general don't seem to care for nature much, sure they don't clear cut forests and what not but they certainly don't care for it either.

So I am really wanting more lore reasoning behind this class for trolls so its just not, trolls are underplayed, lets give them every class but one so more people will play them. Maybe the druid class manga will shed some light, on why trolls are druids now, when it comes out.

Um I dont know what rock you lived under, but ZG, ZA, all the troll litchking content had trolls who would shapeshift into different animals. Bears, panthers ,rhinos, Mammoths.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
It seems night elf arrogance is not limited to the night elves of the cenarion circle, but also presents in the playerbase.

Night elves don't get to decide who druids are, the beings of the emerald dream who actually grant this power are the ones who get to decide.

Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Here is the real lore. Once upon a time blizzard (the god of the video game) looked in on her people (because anything that mean and vindictive must be a woman) and saw that people were getting bored in her land. They started immigrating to other lands, the dreaded ones of free to play MMORPGs. She, being a smart god sent her spies in to these lands and found out what brought them there. The dual specs of some, the better questing and more varieties for classes for their races. Blizzard was mad and wanted to destroy not on the traitors who left but the gods of these other lands. However in a moment of clarity, she decided to mirror these these lands as best as she could, and the dual spec'ing, the better questing and the troll druid were born. Understanding that her people needed to think she wasn't a money grubbing war monger, she wrote all of these things into a neat backstory. God is good.
Edited by Hozebeast on 12/5/2010 9:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
Dont you be talkin bad about me DrooDoo mon.
Reply Quote
30 Troll Druid
Hello dere mon.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
There's something mentioned about this in the quest line for Troll Druids if I remember correctly. I think it was something along the lines of some evil Troll had deceived the other Trolls and denied them from learning the Druidic ways.

Now let's talk about Goblin Shamans...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Alright, thank you :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/20/2010 04:58 PMPosted by Zuhl
If anything, you should ask yourself how the hell Worgen can become Druids.

We get the same bulk rate on flea shampoo.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
why necro this :(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
It's all over in the lore that trolls are Druids, you've even faught a few. The real question is why did werewolf men that can't even control their own form in a fight get to become shape shifting masters? That to me doesn't make sense.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
05/07/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Taladol
why necro this :(

LOL... I got halfway through page one before I realized it was a necro... and then did a double-take when I realized I made 2 posts on page 2. It's a really weird feeling to read your own posts in a thread that you completely forgot about nearly a year and a half ago. :P
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
not sure why this was necroed but i'll add my .02

I wasn't sttracted to the class before I saw Trolls being druids. They look too awesome. Anybody who hates Trolls being druids is jealous. period.
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
Trolls make more sense than Worgen. There's nothing druid naturey about Worgen at all.
Hell, if we accept Worgen then blood elves should be druids on the basis that they're elves.
Pandaren makes more sense as druid than almost all the other classes. But instead, they can be big fat rollly polly rogues. Makes perfect sense.
Let's be serious here, there is no "lore" behind it all... that stuff is just made up as they go. Even the Caverns of Time exist specifically so they can change lore on a whim and run us through an "alternate reality" to the canonical lore.
Reply Quote
For the most part I think troll have their own form of Druidism. A few are in the cenarion circle but for most I think it is a skill they developed on their own from locations like, well look any almost any troll dungeon. Gul'darak they were siphoning the power for animal gods. Zul'aman already had the troll druids, shapeshifting into cats and bears in there during BC.

It was not a far leap for them to develop their own form of druidism outside of the cenerion circle.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The REAL reason is cause they added those guild achievements and it would have been too easy for the "Classy" achievements to be completed with the race/class combos that there were currently.

Lore-wise, there is no reason. Anything anyone tells you, they're just pulling it out from where the sun don't shine.

You really know next to nothing about lore. Trolls worship the Loa and many are able to shapeshift into different animal forms. How does that not scream "Druid"?

Here we go again.. Another misinformed ignorant soul... Those are not druids or druidism. Those are priests who became the avatars for said Loas. THAT'S ALL. Notice how only one troll is ever able to transform into said avatar. That's cause the Loa selects that one troll to manifest itself in the WoW world. Not druidism in the slightest.
Edited by Tekota on 5/8/2012 6:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
One question,do you have a problem with troll druids?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]