Any official stats on Horde vs Alliance wins?

I would LOVE to have the official blz statistics on the horde vs alliance BG's. I would LOVE to know these things:

1) Total wins.
2) Total desertions. And Average per bg.
3) Total/Average UNEQUAL numbers for Start, During, and Finish. That's when one side has more players than the other.
4) TotalAverage Resilience comparasons.
5) Total/Average gear score comparasons.
6) Class breakdowns. Average of each class per bg, etc.

To my knowledge, the best WE have is the warcraftyrealms website, which only has a TEENY, TINY number of all battles. Err, that is, TO ME, the numbers seem ASTRONOMICALLY too few. And leaves TONS of details out, including 5 of the 6 things I want to know from above.

Link provided:

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/bg_list.php?id=0&lb=0

Here's their SAD stats on ALL BG's (err, except IoC) from warcraftrealms as of 20 NOV 2010.

Horde Alliance
Alterac Valley 26,748 27,461
Arathi Basin 26,223 14,258
Warsong Gulch 29,719 23,849
Eye of the Storm 7,765 5,360
Strand of the Ancients 1,837 1,596

I have not found how they get their numbers, or how they account for alliance quitting to avoid a horde fest. And why so FEW BG's recorded. OR when they started recording.

It appears that they did not start till perhaps some time in 2009. I found an old post of DEC 2009 where the numbers were in the thousands, instead of the TENS of thousands:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=21724989579&sid=1

Right now, my battle group Vindication for alliance is doing HORRIBLE, since the pre-cata patch. Even AV which was alliance's primary winning BG, is now a horde fest since patch. And please don't get me started on WG. That's dead for our realm now.

As for warcraftrealms numbers.

If say, a meer 1 million WoW players play BG's every day, and the average total of players in a bg was say 20, that would ALONE be 25,000 BGs per day. (You have to divide by two for horde-vs-alliance you know). But, let's say only 10,000 players play a BG on average per day. That's still 250 BG's per day, TIMES 365 days, and that still WELL into the 75K range of BGs per year. So, I really have to ponder warcraftrealm's numbers. And that said, the stats they have also seem WAY to "GOOD" for alliance.

But who am I to know otherwise.
Edited by Noixi on 11/20/2010 11:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman

I have not found how they get their numbers, or how they account for alliance quitting to avoid a horde fest. And why so FEW BG's recorded. OR when they started recording.

Im pretty certain they rely on a mod that players download to collect their information. Since its not a terribly useful mod most people dont get it and thus the low number of BGs recorded. It also means that their data is not a random sample so any conclusions drawn from it should be taken with a grain of salt.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Any numbers out there that aren't supplied by blizzard (which is all numbers since blizzard doesn't supply any) are very likely horribly innacurate. This is because, like Zevahcotineb said, their sampling is not random and it is impossible for them to look at the whole big picture without all the data- which only blizzard has access to.

Moral of the story is don't get up in arms about unreliable third party data, and trust blizzard to keep their game on the whole balanced and unbiased. They've done a pretty good job so far.
Reply Quote
Quote from Zevahcotineb
Im pretty certain they rely on a mod that players download to collect their information. Since its not a terribly useful mod most people dont get it and thus the low number of BGs recorded. It also means that their data is not a random sample so any conclusions drawn from it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Ahhh, I shoudl have thought of that. Well sadly, that would explain the low numbers, and total lack of information.

Reply Quote

Quote from Riyssa
Any numbers out there that aren't supplied by blizzard (which is all numbers since blizzard doesn't supply any) are very likely horribly innacurate. This is because, like Zevahcotineb said, their sampling is not random and it is impossible for them to look at the whole big picture without all the data- which only blizzard has access to.

Moral of the story is don't get up in arms about unreliable third party data, and trust blizzard to keep their game on the whole balanced and unbiased. They've done a pretty good job so far.

QFT. And in a interesting TWIST on that thought about OFFICIAL NUMBERS, is that if one ENTITY like say blz, has ACTUAL OFFICIAL NUMBERS to anything, but REFUSES, specifically REFUSES to give them out, then, ANYONE, including warcraftrealms, that posts their own numbers, BECOME the OFFICIAL NUMBERS, until, the entity (blz) reveals the TRUE numbers, in some fashion or another.

This has been going on for years. I remember wowjustu revealing how FEW people raided BT, back in TBC days. blz could have released the OFFICIAL NUMBERS, but that would have turned into a QQ hate-fest in their eyes I am sure, as it was HORRIBLE. Less than .01% of the entires WoW population according to wowjutsu had ventured in BT after like 8 months of it being out.

There is one thing for sure though. If blz DOES-NOT-RELEASE official numbers on something, then you know they BALANCED MONGERED it horribly, and are being too ARROGANT to admit it.

Reply Quote
80 Troll Mage
I'm just having trouble seeing how all BG's except AV are "unbalanced." They're almost identical however you look at it, and a stray rock or bump in the road here and there won't affect a win:loss ratio at all.
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html;jsessionid=871595297472CC665585E22197DF891D?topicId=2041159435&pageNo=20&sid=1#380

I think it's worth pointing out that generally speaking the win/loss percentages for WSG, AB, EotS generally fall somewhere around 55% to 45% on any given day (with Alliance also represented on the higher side). For example, on North American servers yesterday Alliance won more AB battles than the Horde.

AV has gone through greater swings, with alliance winning as much as 75 to 80% of battles (NA servers again as an example) before patch 2.2 and horde winning about 60% so far after 2.2. That being said, there are a bunch of substantive AV changes going into patch 2.3 that will probably shake things up some more (more details on that sometime this week).

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]