No stun, fear, silence?

85 Orc Shaman
Are shamans the only class without a stun, a fear, or a silence?
It seems every other class has at least 2 of the above, sometimes all 3.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Wolf stun? Its not long but still a stun.

RIP imp fire nova totem....im still grumpy about losing that stun.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Wind Shear= Silence

Feral Spirit= Stun
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
wind shear is an interupt, not a silence.
I thought feral spirit was just summoning wolves? do the wolves stun? I'm elemental :(
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Wind Shear interrupts casting from that specific school for 2 seconds, so a sorta silence.

The wolves have a pounce
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
While we’re at it, where’s my fear totem, MC totem, group summon totem, totem of divine protection, frost nova totem, and totem of stealth that hides me when I need to hide. Oh, and totem of fan of knives.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
you do have warstomp ~.^

we were the very last class to get any form of CC ( not one untll WotLK ) and Blizz took our stun away QQ

But I do like Hex, turning people into frogs is much cooler then into sheep or anything useful like a stun/silence
Edited by Angryetta on 11/21/2010 6:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Didn't Shamans have a mass silence in WC3? Or am I thinking of a different class...
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Snares, roots, and purge are underappreciated. Not to mention earthshock mitigation and groudning totem.

Snares reduce gap oriented defenses, roots are equivalant to a silence for melee, purge nerfs buff oriented classes severely (therefore gimping their damage AND survivability). If windfury's 20% haste is missed AT ALL, then think about how much a melee dps will hate you for earth shocking them.... Finally, grounding totem. No diminishing returns, AND can collect multiple spells, depending on spell speeds and how badly they try to spike you.

Purge, earh shock, and grounding totem are our most powerful survivability mechanics now. Using them is AS important as it was to use cleansing totem against rogues and death knights. Using them properly is key. They are subtle, offensive survivabilty.

Learn to take on the role of the most offensive style class in the game.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I've always thought that Thunderstorm should have a short (2-3s) stun after they land.

That would give both DPS specs a stun.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Yeah this is a big problem for all shaman specs across the board for pve or pvp.

Hex has too long of a cooldown (even with the glyph) but that's fine because we can still do damage to our hexed target with out it breaking too fast. It just sucks when I need the extra control and it's wasted with on a trinket. Not all classes have mass control spells but they usually have good single target control with multiple abilities. Just one more ability will really make things lovely. Totally for utility doesn't have to do any dps.

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Do note that with our mitigation survivabilty we have no diminishing return issues. Virtually all of the other classes conflict with their own cc.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
You can spec Frostshock to freeze people in place, I do it for PvP :D
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Are shamans the only class without a stun, a fear, or a silence?
It seems every other class has at least 2 of the above, sometimes all 3.

Only enh have a stun, and it is a 2 second, tied to their wolves.

I think snowp said it best
Learn to take on the role of the most offensive style class in the game.

LOL, we have no real survivability options, the defensive game is a no go if your a shaman, its all about trying to kill them as fast as possible.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Didn't Shamans have a mass silence in WC3? Or am I thinking of a different class...

troll witch docters had a 6 sec stun, stasis totem. and Human mages had silence.

i <3 stasis totem
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
we have an Interupt on a 6s cooldown, that doesnt trigger the GCD or a cooldown on another ability, id say thats unique enough
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
we have an Interupt on a 6s cooldown, that doesnt trigger the GCD or a cooldown on another ability, id say thats unique enough

Basically this. Shaman have some of the most overpowered control abilities in the game. Wind Shear \ Grounding Totem \ Wolf Stun \ Earthbind Root \ Hex(lol) \ Thunderstorm to name things that we have at our disposal for now depending on spec.

I can lock a caster down for years.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Basically this. Shaman have some of the most overpowered control abilities in the game. Wind Shear \ Grounding Totem \ Wolf Stun \ Earthbind Root \ Hex(lol) \ Thunderstorm to name things that we have at our disposal for now depending on spec.

I can lock a caster down for years.

Mage sits 40 yards away and we can't touch them. Shaman do have control, but it is much less then any other class.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
They did give us another cc, bind elemental. The major point is the class is fine the way it is. Instead of always asking for more why not just use the class mechanics as they are. If you are jealous of anothere class's cc play that class.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]