85 Human Warlock
From Ryer:

Tuna Wiggle!

1 can cream of mushroom or celery soup
3/4 soup can of milk
1 can tuna fish, drained
1 can peas, drained
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix the soup and milk in saucepan and heat. Then add the rest of the ingredients and put over toast.

ENJOY
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
From Coralie:

Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecake with Caramel Pecan Bourbon Sauce

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z154/vsc83/food/Pumpkin-Cheesecake.jpg

Yeah, you know you wanna make it.

*possible substitution - whipping cream for yogurt. I am told, by the person who gave me this recipe, that they will always be making this substitution, because the cheesecake was light, flavorful, and fluffy enough to eat a second piece without that "too full" feeling. YMMV, of course.

Cheesecake basics:
• To avoid overbeating the filling, make sure that all of the ingredients are at room temperature.
• To get the neatest slices, dip the blade of the knife into a glass of very hot water and wipe the warm blade dry before cutting each wedge of cake.

Servings: Makes 12 servings.

Ingredients
Crust

1 1/2 cups pecans, toasted, cooled
3 tablespoons golden brown sugar
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Filling
3 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
4 large eggs
1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
1/2 cup plain whole-milk yogurt [**NOTE: This is where I used 1/3 Cup whipping cream, NOT yogurt. I think it came out great and possibly lighter because of the whipping cream! Not only that but you need to buy the whipping cream for the sauce anyway so you may as well go ahead and use it!]
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Large pinch of salt

Sauce
1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
1/2 cup whipping cream
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 to 4 tablespoons bourbon
1 1/2 cups pecans, toasted, cooled

Preparation

For crust:

Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 9-inch springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides. Grind first 4 ingredients in processor until nut mixture sticks together. Press evenly onto bottom of pan. Bake crust until golden, about 15 minutes. Cool completely. Wrap outside of pan in triple layer of heavy-duty foil.

For filling:
Using mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and lemon peel in large bowl until smooth. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then pumpkin, yogurt, flour, vanilla, spices, and salt. Pour into pan.

Set springform pan in roasting pan. Pour enough hot water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of cheesecake. [NOTE: Mine went up probably about 1/3rd of the way high up the pan.. but my pan was also about 1/2" taller than the suggested height]. Place in oven. Bake until outer 3 inches puff slightly and center is softly set, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool in water bath 30 minutes. Remove from water. Cut around sides of cake to loosen. Refrigerate in pan until cold, about 4 hours. Cover and chill overnight.

For sauce:
Bring sugar, cream, butter, corn syrup, and salt to boil in deep medium saucepan, whisking until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium; boil 1 minute without stirring. Remove from heat. Stir in bourbon, then pecans. Cool, stirring occasionally.

Remove foil. Cut around pan sides; remove sides. Cut cheesecake into wedges; spoon sauce over.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
From Coralie:

Look what I found, guys! I haven't tried this yet but I understand it it to DIE FOR.

BACON APPLE PIE

Ingredients:

* Pastry for 9-inch pie, uncooked
* 6 cups apples, peeled and cut into thin slices (about 2 1/4 lbs or 8 medium apples)
* 3/4 lb uncooked bacon
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 2 Tbl flour
* 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp nutmeg
* 1 Tbl milk
* 1 Tbl sugar

Directions:
Fry bacon in skillet until slightly floppy. Drain on paper towel. Chop bacon into 1/2″ pieces. Line bottom of pastry-lined pie plate with a layer of bacon, reserving the rest.

In a large bowl, mix together 3/4 cup sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add apple slices and remaining bacon pieces. Toss to coat.

Transfer bacon-apple mixture to pastry-lined pie plate. Place upper crust on pie plate (bonus points for a lattice, double bonus points if you can show me a bacon lattice!) and seal. Cut slits in the top if you are using double crust to allow to vent. Brush top with milk and sugar. Bake at 375 F for 1 hour or until bubbly.

Cool on a wire rack. Serve with smoked cheddar cheese slices.

Testimonials:
"THIS PIE RULES. It's all tart and smoky and sweet and salty and, you know, not to toot my own horn here but the crust is flaky and crispy and pretty much badass."

"I wouldn’t be posting this if it wasn’t absolutely incredible. It wasn’t greasy like I thought it would be. The flavor was a perfect balance of sweet and salty. I served it up with slices of smoked cheddar cheese for a room full of amused but open-minded skeptics, and the entire pie was gone in 10 minutes."
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
From Aazalia:

((someone in <prodons minions> wanted this, so here it is! enjoy!))

Diabetic Cheesecake

4-8 oz. pks. Neufchatel cheese
1 ½ C. Splenda
2 C. Non-fat Vanilla Yogurt
Pinch of salt
1 t. Vanilla
4 Lg. Eggs or 1 C. Egg substitute
Toppings (optional- see below)

Crust

1 ¼ C. Graham cracker crumbs
¼ C. Splenda
3 T. Smart Balance, melted

*Place all 4 pks. of Neufchatel cheese into a large mixing bowl to soften, about one hour.

*Place parchment paper over the bottom of a 9” or 10” spring form pan. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

*In a small mixing bowl blend the graham cracker crumbs and Splenda, then pour the melted Smart Balance in and mix well. Pour mixture into spring form pan and press down with the back of the spoon or fingers. Make sure it touches the sides all the way around and is fairly even. Bake for ten minutes, remove and cool.

*With an electric mixer beat Neufchatel cheese, Splenda, salt and vanilla on medium to medium high until fluffy. Add egg substitute or eggs one at a time, beat after each. Finally mix in the yogurt. Pour onto spring form pan.

*Place the pan on center rack of the oven. Also place a pan half filled with water on the bottom rack; it will help the cheesecake from cracking during baking. Bake for 45 minutes, then reduce temperature to 200 degrees and continue baking until center is almost cooked through.

*Remove cheesecake and let it cool for about 1 hour. Then put plastic wrap over the pan and place into the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.

*Before releasing the spring on the pan, run a thin knife around the edge of the pan. Carefully remove pan, place on serving plate and cut into 16 pieces. Best when served cool. Top with sugar free fruit.

Topping

1/ 12-16oz. Package of frozen dark cherries or strawberries, thawed
1Tbsp. Cornstarch
1/2-3/4 C. Splenda
1 tsp. Almond extract (for cherries) or vanilla (for strawberries)

*Thaw fruit in a large strainer over medium saucepan allowing liquid to drain into pan. There should be about ½ inch of liquid. If not pour a little water over fruit and drain again.

*Place cornstarch in a small container, add a little of the liquid and mix until no lumps remain.

*Pour into saucepan, add Splenda and bring to a boil stirring constantly.

*Boil until thickened and sticking to spoon.

*Add fruit and extract and mix until coated.

*Chill and serve.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
From Galrauch:

Hey, -I'm- happy. Thanks for posting this. Always on the lookout for for pancreas-friendly desserts. Also, I thought I might post this. It works great as an overnight marinade on every meat I've tried so far, even lamb, and can easily be made into a basting sauce for grilling or stir-frying (because you'll want to drain the excess marinade before stir-frying). Enjoy! :D

Archy's Sweet-and-Zesty Teriyaki Marinade (and sometimes sauce)

1/2 cup Soy Sauce
1/4 cup cooking sherry (or sweet sake, or rice wine vinegar if you want to cut out the alcohol)
1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
4 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
2 Tbsp Freshly Ground Ginger
1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Finely Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp White Pepper

To make into a sauce, add:

1/4 cup Pineapple Juice
2 Tbsp Corn Starch
Whisk to thicken
Edited by Ravine on 11/21/2010 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
From Rudger:

Easy to make at work Tuna Casserole

1 packet Ramen (thought I'd list this first so some of you can stop reading)
1 can tuna (in water is prefered)
a little mayo
a little relish (sweet, imo)

Directions:

Cook Ramen (with a little of the ramen seasoning if you like that stuff)
Strain Ramen
Mix strained Ramen, tuna, mayo and relish.

Should be at room temperature already! Enjoy!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
From MellyGerd:

Mom Zimmer's Eggnog recipe
This recipe can be doubled (or tripled!) for a large punchbowl. This amount is good for 2-4 guests. Use organic or cage-free eggs, because you're going to eat them raw and you want to reduce the risk of salmonella (which is, despite what the poultry industry would like you to think, NOT endemic to chickens - it's a direct consequence of the horrible way they're treated at most poultry plants). The only trick to this recipe is separating the eggs. Wash your hands a lot, it helps.

You will need:

2 large mixing bowls
A whisk or an electric mixer
6 raw eggs (organic or free-range recommended)
1 pint cream
1 pint whole milk
1/2 cup powdered sugar
dash salt
1 T vanilla extract
nutmeg
cinnamon
1/2 cup of the sweet hard liquor of your choice. Grammy always used cream sherry, but rums or brandies are also acceptable. I've had the best results with Drambuie, which is a sweet honeyed whiskey. Avoid sour mash liquors, they don't work well.

With clean hands, separate your eggs, yolks in one bowl and whites in the other. This involves carefully cracking the shell all the way around, and breaking the egg held vertically so the yolk is caught in the shell, while the white glops over your fingers into the bowl. Be patient, it takes practice.

Fish out any bits of shell and beat your yolks until they are light and fluffy. Fold in vanilla and sugar. Beat some more, until everything is blended. Add milk and cream. Set aside.

In the other bowl, beat your egg whites until they are stiff - that is, until they form a straight peak when you take out the beaters. Your eggs are going to about quadruple in volume from the air when you do this, so use a big, big bowl. An electric mixer is best for this step, otherwise it takes forever and your hand gets tired. When they're all beat, carefully slide them into the other bowl and fold it in. Don't worry too much about lumps, it will smooth itself out as you mix. Sprinkle nutmeg and cinnamon on top.

If anyone wants nonalc-y eggnog, (Minors, folks who have to drive, etc.) now is the time to ladle them out some, before you add your hooch. This minor courtesy is the one good reason to add the liquor last, so be considerate! Add your liquor, stir gently with your ladle and serve. Works best in a punch bowl, or in coffee mugs. Voila!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
From Lilyia:

Vomit Chicken ( I didn't have a name for it before and this is what my BF calls it so it stick and he loves it to death >.>)

Ingredients:
1 Frying pan
1lb of chicken Breast or Thigh
Soy sauce
1.5 Can of Creamy Sweet Corn (Can use frozen or homemade but the can works)

Rice: (Not putting in how to cook it since the directions are on the bag)
1 Medium pot
Package of Yellow Saffron rice ( I like Vigo Yellow rice)

About 30 mins before cooking cut up the chicken into little small pieces and place in a bag, pour in a desired amount of soy sauce to cover all the chicken, marinate for 30 mins.

Grease frying pan with your choice of butter or oil and empty the marinated chicken into the frying pan, cook till chicken is thoroughly cooked through. *Before adding the next part this is when you start your rice so they are ready at the same time* Add in the cans of creamy sweet corn, add in more soy sauce if you desire a more salty taste or leave it as is. Lower heat to a simmer and cook off the excess water from the corn (Should take about 15-20 mins).

By this time the rice should be done, serve in a bowl with the chicken on top of the rice.

Viola Vomit Chicken! *noms on*
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
From Galrauch:

Nice, Melly! Here's my recipe:

Archy's Special Eggnog
6oz bourbon
Ice cubes

Combine and stir.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
From Quicklike:

Yorksire (Terrier) Pudding

1 md Yorkshire Terrier
48 pk Jell-O vanilla instant
-pudding
3 ga Milk

Blend ingredients on high until lumps are gone. Preheat oven (or exhaust manifold) to 451 F. Place pudding contents into little bread-tin type things. Cook until mix doesn't stick to a toothpick

yummy...
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Iki's tips on cooking Falafel:

Main thing is to make sure your oil is at optimum temperature throughout the cooking process. For the falafel you want to have your oil at 350 degrees (Fahrenheit, around 177 Celsius) you will want around 2 inches (approximately 5 centimeters) of oil to cook them in, as this will make the process much easier. The balls should be able to mostly be covered by the oil, with a minimal amount uncovered. If they are too large they will not cook evenly and this is how you get the crumbs/bits left over. Let them cook for about 3 minutes before you start to move them around to allow them to form a cohesive bond.

Also, don't try to cook too many at once, as this will cause the oil temperature to drop too rapidly not allowing it to cook evenly, I would suggest cooking at most 10 at a time.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
From Doralie:

recently, my family wanted to try a new recipe for pulled pork. we didn't want one that required out-door cooking, 'cuz, ya know, it's winter, and not everyone can fire up the grill. we also didn't want a recipe that required onions. one of us loves to use them in cooking and the other is allergic and in something like this, you can't use different pots and pans, so it's just easier to negate them all together. needless to say, i had my work cut out for me while recipe hunting. took some time, but i found this one--it piqued my interest. shared it with the family and we decided to give it a go. it was a super hit, so here it is, for y'all to share.

oh, one last side-note: you can use any cut of pork that you'd like. basic rule of thumb is to let it "cook" for 2 hours per pound of meat you use. the recipe called for pork tenderloin, which is generally a pricier cut. we substituted in a boston pork butt. still came out wonderful, since it's designed to be used for pulled pork sammiches. anyway, enough babble. here it is!

PULLED PORK with ROOT BEER for your SLOW COOKER/CROCK POT

ingredients:
*pork
*root beer (we used mug. my fave a&w, we figured, would be to minty, barq too much bitterness--your preference is all that matters)
*your favorite bbq sauce. (we used jack daniels original, number 7 recipe, a new one we hadn't tried before. we used the huge bottle. super yum.)
*pork rub (create your own, or buy one pre-,made. we used mc cormick's grill mate's pork rub.)
*liquid hickory or mesquite smoke, if desired.
*aluminum foil
*hamburger buns or onion rolls
*shredded chedder and/or cole slaw, if desired toppings

directions:

1.) trim excess fat off the pork. some is good for extra moisture during the cooking process. but most can be cut off and disposed of.

2.) use a carving fork to poke holes in the meat. this allows the spices to marinate deep.

3.) generously work the rub into the pork, as well as a few generous splashes of the liquid smoke, if you're planning on using it, coating it evenly. place in a glass baking dish, cover and let marinate overnight in the fridge.

4.) take the pork out of the fridge and uncover. get out your crock pot and plug it in. place pork in crock pot (fat side down, if you left some on).

5.) now, here's the key step. instead of covering the pork with water, crack open the root beer and pour it over the pork, like you're drowning the meat. mmm. drink whatever remains. what a wake up beverage! or, save it to go with dinner! yummy! turn knob to low and let it simmer uncovered all the day long. remember! 2 hours per pound of meat, adjusting after fat has been trimmed off.

6.) after designated time, based on weight, uncover and drain off all the liquid. place the meat to cool for about 20-30 minutes on the foil, covering with foil as well. this allows the tasty juices to remain inside the meat. rinse the pot out with water and place back in the cooker.

7.) after cooling, pull apart with forks until shredded. add to cleansed pot. don't forget the bbq sauce, and a few more splashes of the liquid smoke. mix well.

8.) again, turn to low and let cook 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally. (meat is cooked, this is just to let the sauce flavor and permeate the meat, getting that nice, sticky mess that makes pulled pork so lip-smacking good.)

9.) toast your buns (if desired) and serve with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese on top, or even your favorite cole slaw. enjoy!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Since this couldn't fit in the last post, talk of sauces!

Hmmm, seems you could use the remaining liquid as a reduction for your own BBQ sauce to augment/replace some of the sugars, that way the sauce pairs with the meat in flavor profile :)

Of course depending on your preference of sauces, Carolina being a mustard vinegar sauce, KC being a tomato vinegar sauce.

but they share much of the same styles, in that you will want some type of sugar, which the root beer slurry could fill in for for added flavor. Just remember to reduce it before using it so that it doesn't over water the sauce, unless that's the type of sauce you want :)

my preference varies between a spicy bbq sauce or a smokey flavored one. i strongly dislike a lot of vinegar or ketchup in my sauce, preferring the memphis and texas regional sauces better. but yes, good point, ikinator, the broth the pork cooks in COULD be reduced to a sauce, or the remaining root beer.

i, alas, only have the patience to use the remaining juices from pot roast to use as a gravy starter and the like. cooking reductions take too long, but, are a great idea.

Hehe, I haven't bought a BBQ sauce in over 20 years, as they tend to have too much of either the tomato/mustard or too much vinegar. When I make it myself I can control and taste as I go to make sure it's the way I like it. But yes, it does take time, I can spend upwards of 4 hours reducing the sauce and respicing and such to get it to the right heat and consistency :)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Let's talk about fried rice. Courtesy of Anthus and Iki:

I usually just use yesterdays left over long grain rice.

Some sesame oil, heat it. Get it all nice an hot in the wok, add the heartier of the meats, your beefs, your chickens or porks. Let it get all nice and hot, then add the larger, denser of your veggies, the carrots, and thicker beans, onions, garlic and the like. Let it simmer a bit, add some spices now with your soy sauce and any other sauce you might want (like fish sauce or hot sauce). Let it go for a couple minutes. Move that up to the sides of the wok.

If you are using seafood, add in here, if not, move on to the next step.

Now add the peas and quicker cooking veggies along with egg(s) stir rapidly and season to taste once again. Dump in the rice and stir until heated thoroughly. Season to taste and serve, or keep to yourself and not share.

That's how I make my stir fried rice :)

Alright... I'm going to share my secret to my fried rice.

Botan Medium Grain. "But Anthus," you may say, "medium grain rice is best for sushi! Plus, you have to rinse it before cooking it, and it's so expensive!"

One, the starch content in this kind of rice makes good sticky rice. And, if freshly prepared, THEN added to fried rice? It makes sticky fried rice. Which, in my opinion, makes the best fried rice in existence. If you abstain from rinsing the rice before cooking, it makes it even better.

And for the price? Worth it. Trust me.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
From Bagudash:

Gonna share a bit of my Sicilian heritage here by passing a recipe to you all that has been passed to me, which was passed to my father, which was passed to him from my grandmother (RIP Grandmom). It should be noted this recipe is made with spagetti in mind, but you can use any other pasta noodle type if you prefer.

Bagudash's Homemade Pasta Sauce and Meatballs

The Sauce

2 Cans of Crushed Tomatoes
1 Can of Tomato Paste
Basil leaves, crushed (best if frozen in plastic bag before hand to harden them; makes crushing them very easy)
A few tablespoons of minced garlic
1 yellow onion, chopped and finely cut in food processor
1 pinch of oregano

Stir, cooked on low for a few hours on oven burner or cooked on higher temperatures while tended to or it will burn if not stirred periodically. If inconvenience dictates, a crockpot is an acceptable substitute, but set to EXTREMELY low temperatures.

The Meatballs:

Ground meat packages (beef or poultry, your choice, though I use beef myself).
1 yellow onion, chopped and finely cut in food processor
A bit of salt and pepper
Bread crumbs
An egg, used to make everything stick

Plop these into the sauce. Give sauce a bit to cook to solidify the sauce. If they break up? No biggie. You'd stil have a meatsauce. :) For those that prefer a chunkier sauce you can choose to break them up if you wish.

Come when dinner time is closing in, boil some pasta noodles, following the instructions on the noodle box. My family usually has spagetti.

(Tip: To make spagetti noodles easier to unstick, toss in a bit of sauce to make it easier to unstick them after straining. Family trick.)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
From Kirashka:

Maple-Mustard Glazed Salmon

Salmon tastes really good as a fish without much more, but as a whole fish tends to lack savory notes that make even pairing it with conventional sides and drinks unable to shake many people's impression that fish dishes are bland.

Ingredients - Fresh Salmon (your choice of where it's caught), Maple Syrup (real), Dijon Mustard, rough-ground black pepper.

Tools - Broiler pan, small mixing bowl, tinfoil

First, pre-heat the broiler and make sure your top oven rack is about 12" from the top coils/heating vent.

All this requires is a mix of about 4 tablespoons of maple syrup mixed with 2 of the mustard. Depending on your taste for Dijon, you might want to adjust the ratio, but generally 2:1 syrup to mustard is best. Line the lower pan with tinfoil to catch grease and spilled glaze. Put the broiler rack over the pan, and the fish skin-down on the rack. Use a spoon to generously ladle the mixture over the fish using the back of the spoon to spread it around. The glaze will cling to the flesh easily, and you should get a nice layer of it pretty quickly. Sprinkle the crushed black pepper over the top liberally, but not so much as to coat it. Place the broiler in the heated oven for 8 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when pulled at with a fork and no deep red remains in the center.

Enjoy!

-Kira
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Salmon parings!

From Silversol:

There's a recipe used in my family where honey, bourbon, and fresh ginger are applied to the salmon before grilled kinda like a marinade.

From Ayatsuka:

My girlfriend and I often use a spice rub to give salmon lots of flavor. It involves brown sugar, paprika, some chili powders and something else. I dunno, but it always smells good when she mixes it up.

And a fish paring.

From Kirashka:

This is a beautiful combination for fish. Ginger Talapia is another recipe that just involves soy sauce, green onions, and fresh grated ginger over thin cut fillets baked for about 10-12 minutes. It turns a somewhat bland but well textured whitefish into a very tasty treat.

Silver, I'd like to see the recipe for the marinade if you have it.

-Kira
Edited by Ravine on 11/21/2010 2:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
From Silversol:

Salmon Spinach Bake
SERVES 4 (change servings and units)

Ingredients
1 (6 ounce) bag baby spinach

2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup onion, minced
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons water
2 cups cooked rice
salt, to taste
pepper
3/4 cup sour cream
1 egg, beaten
3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 lb salmon fillet, cut into 8 strips and skinned
cooking spray

Directions
1 put spinach, onion, garlic, butter and 3 tbsp water in micro, in a pie plate, cover w/plastic wrap and cook 3 minutes on high.
2 drain.
3 heat oven to 350.
4 grease a 1 1/2 quart au gratin dish with cooking spray.
5 mix spinach with rice, salt, pepper.
6 in a small bowl, mix sour cream, egg, mustard, 2 tbsp parmesan, salt, pepper.
7 reserve 2 tbsp of sauce, and mix in the rest with the spinach and rice.
8 transfer to au gratin dish.
9 place salmon over spinach mixture, add sauce over salmon, sprinkle with cheese, bake for 25-30 minutes.
10 let stand 5 minutes before serving
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
From Anthus:

Who's ready for a random recipe combination that turned out AWESOME?

1/2 Medium White Onion, diced
8-10 White Button Mushrooms, sliced (Use an egg slicer to cut the mushrooms, it makes things a lot easier. Also, as always, clean your mushrooms.)
1/4 Stick of Butter
2 bottles Blue Moon Wheat Beer
1 can Sweet Corn
1 can Red Kidney Beans
1 can Black Beans
1 tsp. Soy Sauce
2 1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Ground Cumin
1 4oz. Can of Tomato Sauce

Add the butter to a large skillet pan over medium heat. A wok will do in a pinch. Once it gets melted and slightly bubbly, add the onion and mushroom to the pan and sauté until the onion just starts to brown.

Pop the tops on your cold bottles of beer. Add one to the pan and raise the heat just slightly, up to a 6-7 on an electric range. Cook until the majority of the bubbles are gone.

Go ahead and add the corn and both cans of beans to the mixture. You wanna get it nice and hot, but you don't want it boiling too much. Once a bit of steam starts coming off the pan, add in the soy sauce, cumin, and chili powder and mix thoroughly. Then, add the tomato sauce. I'm not gonna complain if you use homemade, I just had the canned on hand.

Once it's good and hot, transfer it to a large serving bowl. Recipe as it stands serves 2.

There's a multitude of serving options. Straight in a bowl is good.

In a sourdough bread bowl topped off with a good sharp cheddar is better.

Recipe has been tested on a large group of people, 85% approval rate. 2 people didn't like mushrooms. 1 said there wasn't enough chili powder. 1 didn't like wheat beer and was immediately flogged for their insolence. The other 23 people I've tested this on liked it.

I say it's a B+ recipe. Not my best work, but not my worst either. Coming later this month or April: Steaks on the Grill, chicken ceasar salad, and homemade cheddar biscuits.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
From Clypso:

Clypso's Chicken Romero

Ingredients:

1 bag of breaded chicken patties.
1 jar of meat flavored Marinara sauce.
1 package of sliced Romano or Provalone cheese.

Preperations:

Cut cheese to same size as chicken patties (should not be any larger than chicken patties because when it melts it will expand to a little larger to cover the whole peice of chicken)

Heat chicken patties in oven for roughly 20 mins or untill it is nice and hot.

Remove chicken patties from oven and place 1 Tablespoon of sauce in the center of each pattie.

Cover patties with the cheese.

Place back in oven for another 7 to 10 mins or untill cheese has melted and covered the entire pattie.

Serve with a nice green vegitable and a wild rice dish.

Gotta love dat trollish cookin.
-Clypso
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]