The Sentinels Recipe Exchange

85 Human Warlock
Mah grandma's best punch in the world

-40 oz of orange juice.*
-40 oz of pineapple juice.*
-4 oz of grenadine.
-2 liters of Ginger ale
-1 orange. (You can cut it the whatever size you want.)
-1 lemon. (You can cut it to whatever size you want.)
-Whole red Maraschino cherries. (Add how many you like, can never have too many cherries!)

Mix the orange juice, pineapple juice and grenadine a day or two before serving. Stir. Add the pieces/slices of orange and lemon, as well as the cherries. Let it rest. A few hours before serving, add the Ginger ale. You may add alcohol to it if you wish.

Warning: Adrianu shall not be held responsible for the addictive nature of this punch.

*I use sugarless juice, as a couple of mu uncles and aunts are diabetic. The taste does not really change.
Reply Quote
62 Blood Elf Hunter
Man, it took me forever to find this thread. page six, gadzooks! Okay here we go

Bhima's Spicy Breakfast Waffles

You will need:
A Waffle Iron (or other electric griddle of some sort) and the instructions thereto.
Tools: fork, silicone spatula, 2-cup measure, measuring spoons and cups, mixing bowl.
Cooking spray or a wee bit of oil to coat your griddle surface.
A kitchen timer you can set for 6 -7 minutes.
Dry ingredients:
    3/4 cup whole wheat flour
    1/4 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp baking powder
    a generous shake each of cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt (1/4 tsp each if you prefer)
    1 Tbsp sugar
    1/4 cup walnut or pecan pieces
    3 tsp Chuao Spicy Maya Cocoa Mix OR 1 tsp chocolate chips

Wet ingredients:
    1 egg
    1 cup whole milk (OR skim mixed with 1 tsp of cooking oil*)
    1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions: Put a spritz of cooking spray on your waffle-iron's top and bottom griddles, or wipe it down with a bit of oil. Start your waffle iron heating. NOTE that cooking times vary with model, so read your waffle iron's instructions before you start! Mine takes about six minutes per waffle and it's ready for the first pour when the little light on top goes out, but yours will be different!
Combine all your dry ingredients in the mixing bowl and give them a stir. Beat your egg, milk and vanilla together in the 2-cup measure until smooth. Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and mix them together quickly. It doesn't REALLY matter if you overbeat waffle batter, but you can ignore the lumps, honest. Pour/scrape your mixed waffle batter into the 2-cup measure for pouring.

When your waffle iron is ready, pour EITHER 2/3 (for a regular waffle iron) OR 3/4 (if you have a Belgian waffle maker) cup batter into the waffle iron and close. This distinction will be in your waffle-iron's instructions. Set your timer.
When your timer dings, pull out your DELICIOUS WAFFLE with a fork. Pour in another measure of batter, and set your timer again. Repeat as needed.

This recipe makes 3-4 waffles, about enough for one, with leftovers for tomorrow's breakfast. Waffles reheat VERY well in the toaster. If you find your house has been infested with horrible, waffle-devouring parasites, such as spouses, roommates or small children, this recipe can be doubled.

Enjoy!

*NOTE: You will find most waffle recipes call for ludicrous amounts of oil or melted butter. This is a totally extraneous ingredient and you can dispense with it completely. It won't affect the flavor or texture at all. If you're craving butter, put a dab on top, seriously! No one will judge you.

Edit: undoing Blizz's dumbliness word-fu
Edited by Nerjuna on 2/13/2011 8:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Bite requested something saucy.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Ok Thats one of the better Saucy threads
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
07/20/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Marques

Murdercurry makes this the single greatest thread ever to grace the WoW forums.

I. Ron Skull for President!
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
07/20/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Ikinai

II. Ron Skull for president

but I have made the tacos, and OMG I still make em, my sons an I eat em, when the wife seems me making it, she goes out for Dinner.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
07/20/2012 02:11 PMPosted by Marques

but I have made the tacos, and OMG I still make em, my sons an I eat em, when the wife seems me making it, she goes out for Dinner.

Hehe :)

They are some spicy recipes.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior

Hehe :)

They are some spicy recipes.

Yes they are, but they do taste good. an the 2 days of heartburn is totally worth it
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
OH MY GOODNESS!!! i can't believe this thread was saved, after the new forum wipe with the launch of cata. much love to ravine for re-posting all these goodies!
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
08/17/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Doralie
OH MY GOODNESS!!!

OH MY GOODNESS!!! It's a Dora!

Hyper gnome alert!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
08/17/2012 10:37 AMPosted by Eilethalua
OH MY GOODNESS!!!

OH MY GOODNESS!!! It's a Dora!

Hyper gnome alert!

shhhhhh!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Cowboy Joes

this is similar to sloppy joes, just using the ingredients to make what is traditionally called a cowboy burger in most chained restaurants. i decided to switch things up one night and made a super good and easy recipe. enjoy!

Prep time: about 15 minutes, cook time about 15.
Serves about 8-10.

*2 pounds ground hamburger
*one large onion, diced
*1/2 cup bbq sauce
*10 strips bacon, cut into 1/2" strips
*shredded cheese (your pick)
*buns

1.) Brown the hamburger, bacon, and onions in a large skillet or dutch oven. Drain off the grease (and there could be more than usual, depending if you use regular bacon or turkey bacon--regular = lotsa grease, turkey = not so much grease).

OPTIONAL STEP: season with salt and pepper or bbq spices.

2.) Add in the bbq sauce and stir until it's sticky, like sloppy joes. Squeeze in a little at a time, use more or less to your preferences.

OPTIONAL STEP: lightly toast the buns by setting the oven on broil for 5 minutes. Keep a close eye on the bread so it doesn't burn.

3.) Scoop a heaping spoonful of the meat mixture on your favorite buns and top with your favorite shredded cheese.

OPTIONAL STEP: toast again for melty cheese goodness.

4.) Pair with your favorite baked beans or cole slaw and enjoy!
Edited by Doralie on 8/28/2012 2:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Gnome Warrior
Meat and potato lovers rejoice!

Shepherd's Pie
1 lb. ground beef
2 c. cooked mashed potatoes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can French style green beans
1 can tomato soup
Chili powder
Garlic powder
Cheddar cheese, grated
Salt and pepper to taste

Saute onion and ground beef, and drain. Add green beans, soup, salt, and pepper. Mix together and use as bottom layer in a 2 Qt. casserole dish. Top with mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese. Sprinkle chili powder and garlic powder on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I was talking to a friend today about Maelthas's banana bread. I thought I had it printed out, but I can't seem to find it. (Also we moved so who knows where it went).

Did anyone happen to keep a copy? It was the yummiest Nana Bread. I remember it had veg. oil in the recipe and you sprinkled sugar over the top before cooking.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Mage
Good question. He did post the recipe at least once. I don't see his exact post, but this adaptation does come up in search. It might be close enough.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1083609976?page=5#83

Edit: Oh wait...it's for applesauce bread. But she said it was his nana bread. /shrug
Edited by Sheryl on 3/14/2014 5:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
03/14/2014 05:09 PMPosted by Sheryl
Good question. He did post the recipe at least once. I don't see his exact post, but this adaptation does come up in search. It might be close enough.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1083609976?page=5#83

Edit: Oh wait...it's for applesauce bread. But she said it was his nana bread. /shrug

I looked around for it this morning(printing off about 3/4 of these recipies) I apparently do not have the naner bread one either
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Mage
03/19/2014 12:45 PMPosted by Todar
I looked around for it this morning(printing off about 3/4 of these recipies) I apparently do not have the naner bread one either

I'd like to have it myself. I remember Mellygerd commenting on it...saying that she made it. There might be a copy of the old Sentinels forum somewhere. Maybe.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I found it! I forgot my husband had put all my recipes on an external. So...

Mael's Nana Bread
3 med. ripe bananas
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 tbs. milk
1/2 c. walnuts (optional)

Mash bananas. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into greased bread pan. As an option, sprinkle sugar on top of the dough after it's been placed in the pan, before baking: this results in a lightly-sweetened, crispy crust that I highly recommend. Bake about 45 mins to 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Mage
Thanks Daejia. I may just make this today...I have all the stuff. :)
Reply Quote
26 Human Paladin
03/20/2014 02:32 PMPosted by Daejia
I found it! I forgot my husband had put all my recipes on an external. So...

Mael's Nana Bread
3 med. ripe bananas
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 c. oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 tbs. milk
1/2 c. walnuts (optional)

Mash bananas. Stir in remaining ingredients. Pour into greased bread pan. As an option, sprinkle sugar on top of the dough after it's been placed in the pan, before baking: this results in a lightly-sweetened, crispy crust that I highly recommend. Bake about 45 mins to 1 hour at 350 degrees.

Now added to my recipe list.. and yay for your husband saving it!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]