What's this server look like?

24 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm thinking about starting up some RP once the Shattering occurs and I'm trying to decide between this server and Wyrmrest Accord. I am mainly interested in the amount of activity on both sides.

From what I've been able to divine on WrA it is heavily tilted towards the horde. Is this server a little more balanced?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
No. It's really not.

Both sides have PLENTY of activity, but the Horde vastly outnumber the Alliance. However, that doesn't mean the Alliance lacks abundance in RP or otherwise. :]
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
Honestly I had no idea that the Horde outnumber Alliance as much as Ayriath says. Even so, I find no shortage of Alliance-side RP. There's a plethora of it like 24/7. Some of it is silly, some of it makes you /facepalm, but a lot of it is fun and interesting too.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I know, right, Aaja? You would never even guess. :]
Reply Quote
24 Blood Elf Hunter
Great well I think I may have found a new home. Now just to wait for the shattering.

Also a small clarification. I was referring more to publically accessable RP. From what I've come to understand from reading about Moon Guard, the sheer size of your population makes any differences in total force strength for each faction rather non-consequential. Which will be nice, as one of the things that was catching me on WrA was the common opinion that alliance on that side, while it had some closed groups, also tended to let it's city's get rolled over by the horde.

Thanks, and I'll see you on the battle field

*goes off to work on the alliance character's story*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
From what I've come to understand from reading about Moon Guard, the sheer size of your population makes any differences in total force strength for each faction rather non-consequential. Which will be nice, as one of the things that was catching me on WrA was the common opinion that alliance on that side, while it had some closed groups, also tended to let it's city's get rolled over by the horde.

Um, yeah. About that.

The Horde completely had Stormwind locked down about a week or so ago. Little to no retaliation from Alliance, and a few Horde folks actually openly RPed in Stormwind or just RP walked around the place because there was no opposition.
Reply Quote

Um, yeah. About that.

The Horde completely had Stormwind locked down about a week or so ago. Little to no retaliation from Alliance, and a few Horde folks actually openly RPed in Stormwind or just RP walked around the place because there was no opposition.

When'd this happen?

Cause it sure as hell wasn't while I was playing, and I haven't taken a break for a long time. Usually when horde think they are being cute in Stormwind, I ask a WotR member to let me lolheal them while we kill them.

That, or I kill them myselves with holy shock, exorcism, and letting the guards do damage.

This did happen, but It really was not as epic as you would think having a few hundred people in Trade District would be, players with bad computers were out of luck..managing only a few Frames per second.

Even worse, the servers for some reason or another could not handle the strain it was causing and was lagging pretty bad..so we kind of just stood there, every once and awhile you would see a mage arcane missle register and deal damage or something.

This only lasted for a few hours, so you could of easily just slept through it, or been doing something else.
Edited by Malakk on 11/21/2010 3:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
It was kind of hard to miss, Anraas.

-They posted ''Stormwind Invasion'' video, unedited fraps blocks, pictures.
-''Stormwind Invasion'' RP stories.
-Probably a few drafts of articles about the ''Stormwind Invasion'' submitted to every MMO website.
-Oodles and oodles of threads on the old forums patting themselves on the back/arguing about
the Alliance being bad during the ''Stormwind Invasion.''
-There is also a ''Stormwind Invasion'' Facebook page.

You would think that the majority of the Horde races lack the ability to fellate themselves due to anatomical issues and peculiar dentition, but suffering from tryhard syndrome naturally warps the frame to allow for the activity.
Edited by Choo on 11/21/2010 3:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
It was kind of hard to miss, Anraas.

-They posted ''Stormwind Invasion'' video, unedited fraps blocks, pictures.
-''Stormwind Invasion'' RP stories.
-Probably a few drafts of articles about the ''Stormwind Invasion'' submitted to every MMO website.
-Oodles and oodles of threads on the old forums patting themselves on the back/arguing about
the Alliance being bad during the ''Stormwind Invasion.''
-There is also a ''Stormwind Invasion'' Facebook page.

You would think that the majority of the Horde races lack the ability to fellate themselves due to anatomical issues and peculiar dentition, but suffering from tryhard syndrome naturally warps the frame to allow for the activity.

I read the WoW.com article that was written about the invasion, I thought It was cool somebody took the time to screenshot and do all that fun stuff, but really? Facebook page?
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight
I wouldn't ask the forums about this as there are plenty of folks on both sides willing to demean and otherwise demonize the opposing faction by making false claims on their role play or PVP ability/lack thereof.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
As for accessible RP, well-it's definitely well accessible. Trust me, you won't have an issue stepping in and roleplaying here.

As far as defending cities, go...Eh, I don't do much world PvP. I didn't see alot of it when I played Ally side here for some reason, but usually if there's a single Ally or small group coming into SMC and being dumb, you've got people wanting a free HK. However, I used to go to SMC when I played Ally side and would sit there and try to rp, lol. Sometimes it didn't always end well. :]

Both sides have a large mass of RP, so don't even worry about that.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

-Horde is a bit more successful in PvE. If you're a hardcore, serious raider who's always on top of the progression, the current best guild is Alliance. But, for pugs/casual raiding, Horde is better.

Yeah, top guild may be Alliance, but all the other top guilds behind it are basically Horde.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]