Dream Catalyst is looking for the following classes for our 10-man raiding team: one exceptional Mage and Rogue, but exceptional players of any class/role are welcome to apply, as we will be putting group 2 together shortly. Raid times are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 4-7 Server Time. If you are interested in applying, visit our website at http://dreamcatalyst.guildlaunch.com
Dream Catalyst began its roots back in 2005, in the days of Vanilla WoW. There, the current GM Holychill ran an active guild with all intentions of raiding. The lack of a decent internet connection cut that dream short. Then, in the wake of the Lich King dying, and the announced release date of Cataclysm, Holychill decided that now was the time for Dream Catalyst to be reborn into the raiding guild it was meant to be. With the aid of his brother, Capnboomkin, the two began their preparations for the new guild. Many days were spent raiding, earning prestige as being skilled amoung PuGs. Other days were spent farming up piles of gold to be used for gear and enchants. Many days more were spent pondering HOW this guild was to be run, and at last an answer came to the two brothers.
The rules of Dream Catalyst are simple:
1. Respect everyone. This not only includes other guild members, but also other people you meet.
2. The GMs' decisions are final. Arguing over these decisions will cause you to lose loot priority for the rest of the raid.
3. Show up on time! If you're late without prior warning and a valid reason, you will lose your loot priority for the rest of the raid week.
4. Don't call gear. We don't mind a joke, but you're not getting that amazing trinket because you called it.
5. Leave the drama back in high school. It will not be tolerated in any way, shape, or form.
6. Don't complain how many times we wipe on the boss, or call people out in vent/chat for the alleged reason for the wipe.
7. Don't stand in the fire. Seriously.
All of the loot in Dream Catalyst will go through a loot council system. The two GMs will decide who gets each piece of loot based on how badly they need it, and whether someone else already got a few pieces of gear. For example, if a warlock gets two pieces of gear, the mage is getting the next one, even if it's an upgrade to the warlock. The goal of this system is to gear up everybody evenly, allowing progression content to be handled smoother. The general gear priority will be tanks and healers over DPS, though exceptions will be made depending on what gear has dropped.
What We Expect
We, as the GMs of Dream Catalyst, expect 110% out of each raider that applies to our guild. We expect you to gem properly, enchant your gear, maximize your talents, and perfect your rotation/ability usage. We expect some contribution to the guild bank each week to help pay for group repairs. We want a serious tone out of our raiders when figuring out strategies, and explaining them. Joking is fine, and recommended, as it helps keep spirits up even after wiping. DPS will be subject to DPS testing on dummies one night each week to make sure we all stay on top of our game. Lastly, we want everyone to become friends to ease the progression process.
We offer free guild repairs on progression nights, as well as dental, health, and life insurance at no cost to you.
If you think you have what it takes and wish to apply, visit our website: dreamcatalyst.guildlaunch.com