Shaman or Druid?

90 Human Warrior
i have a Shaman and a Druid, both level 46 and i cant decide who to level up.
I like HoTs but I also like the way Elemental looks and may also try Enhanced for dualspec

both have good buffs that help..
this is mainly for 5man heroics, if i do raids i usually DPS with my other toons

Reply Quote
88 Troll Shaman
If you're looking to heal, it depends. How much do you like HoT's? Is a good question. Shaman have been getting more of them (earthliving procs, riptide, Healing stream), but they are no where near what Druids have.

On the other hand, Shaman have Earth Shield, Chain Heal, (at 83) Healing Rain, and Totems.

As for buffs, I'd say that Shaman have more, but that also means more classes will also bring that buff. Druids only have Paladins that their buff as far as I know.

Personally, I prefer my Shaman because I like the direct heal + earth shield.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Depends how you like to heal. Resto involves a lot of HoT tracking proc and cooldown watching, and of course jumping around doing flips.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Depends on you!

I can give you my opinion but it may not be relevant... I've honestly been leveling a shaman alt who's about 30 now (waiting for the shattering to see some of the new zones.)

With the changes to healers my druid just doesn't feel unique anymore. They're increasing the cost of our HoTs and slowing down our regen all the while nerfing our AoE heals and telling us if we want to be efficient, spam Nourish. I don't want to cast, I rolled a druid so I could jump around while HoTing the raid. They also stripped our dispell resists with the changes in 4.0. It's hard to heal in PvP while being dispelled, purged, or spell stolen. Not to mention they took away tree! I know, I know that it's coming back in a glyph but that's not the point. I rolled my druid because he was the unique healer. Priests and Pallies just seem too alike to me and now Druids are being brought in line with them. I don't want to get into druid QQ, all I'm saying is...

A lot of druids are going Feral or Moonkin and I'm a healer through and through.

So lately I've been having fun on my shaman. The class as a whole is looking a lot stronger in the coming expansion in both PvE and PvP (at least in the beginning.) Totems are awesome and chain heals/chain lightening is a unique ability. I've personally been having a lot of fun learning my shaman.

Greys fo sillies
Edited by Untippabull on 11/23/2010 9:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Troll Shaman
I have played a druid healer since launch , and since the druid changes went live as far as healing goes ....it took a lot of flavor out and i have since not found a comfortable or unclunky "rotation" to heal with.

Now here i am on my shaman having the most fun time healing , in a long time. The way shamans heal just feel right (this isn't my first resto shammy) but i always thought my druid felt pretty good too until the 4.0 changes i still heal great on my druid but it doesn't flow like it did. Shaman WILL be my main in Cata.

take it for what it is, from a grandpa drood!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
^
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The great thing about a Druid is that you can Heal, range or melee DPS and Tank all with one character. Tired of healing? Get some Feral gear and Bear Tank for awhile. Tired of the stress of Tanking and Healing, then Boomkins are fun to play and fun to look at, want to melee DPS, the Cat form will let rip and shred up close and personal. It's like 4 alternates all rolled into a single class. There's a lot of possibilities rolled into the Druid.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
For 5mans, Shaman is the better because they can do a lot more than just heal. You have your Earth and Fire Elementals, a boat load of buffs, Bloodlust(!), Crowd control, and you can DPS a little in between heals with the right talents. After Cataclysm, Restoration Shamans will even have an off-tank option with the right talents.

I know nothing of Druids, though.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Shammies tanking? To my understanding you got a few threat abilities to bounce around aggro much like a hunter, there will be no Shaman tanking though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I like the Shaman more then my druid but it is more of a personal choice then anything else. While the druid has a lot of aspects that make it real fun I just feel like I am 'missing' something from my toolkit when it comes to healing.

I think it is more a play style issue then anything else.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]