Cata: Easiest Tank to Heal

85 Draenei Paladin
Hello, I was just wondering for those of you raiding in Beta, which tank is the easiest to heal? If you had to put the 4 classes in order from easiest to hardest, what would it be?

Thanks
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Hey Tryten,

I'm curious of this too as a matter of fact. Personally for me, when I heal in WOTLK as any of the four healing classes, I find that the order for me is Bears, Paladins, and then DKs and Warriors are interchangeable for third place.

I hope you get a response for Beta Cata!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It depends entirely on the fight... and it also depends what you constitute as "easiest." I haven't actually looked at the actual damage reduction numbers from the various "block" masteries and talents, but from feel it's:

Pally - Most consistent blocking, self-heals, great CDs (DP is fantastic, and underrated with the glyphing flexibility) and a bail-out LoH.
War/Bear - I dunno, neither has great self-heals and I don't know how the EH/mitigation playing field is at 85. I do like their mitigation mechanics better than DKs though.
DK - Best self-heals, I'm not sure after the latest nerfs to Death Strike how their mastery mitigation and heals are affected. I will say single healing a DK tank (this was on Heroic Halfus-25) was incredibly stressful because of how spiky tank health was.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
I'd say Protection Paladin is or should be the easiest to heal with the new World of Glory mini shield and used when you get 3 Holy Power. In WOTLK heroics I barely need a healer sometimes if I pull small groups. Great to be self-sufficient but yeah it would be nice for healers to be more alert even though WOTLK dungeons are easy.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I'd make the order like this:

Competent
Slightly Competent
Slightly Incompetent
Incompetent

Just my experience though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]