Switch to Tauren?

80 Dwarf Paladin
Debating switching to tauren for cataclysm, mainly because I want to start a warrior on alliance to tank with, and I really want another tank to play with my horde friends (and dont want to level up another toon. Already starting two in cata) So far on the PTR, Ive liked it... but it just doesnt feel very... idk, paladin-y? Doesnt have that old archtypey D&D-like feel to it, I guess.

Also, for some reason the avengers shield animation for tauren really just doest feel good at all. Doesnt look like he's really flinging that thing like the dwarf animation; it looks stiff. Anyone else but me feel that way?

Very torn on this... I really love the tauren pally mount and the sunwalker lore.... but it just feels like a copy-paste of what the class is. Almost feels like an entire class-change then just a race change.

Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I'm probably go to be switching to tauren once the xpac hits as I really don't like blood elves.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Swapping to Tauren on Tuesday.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I like the idea that the Tauren Paladin's power comes from the sun, not the holy light.

I never even considered rolling one until I heard about that.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Priest
cant swap on tuesday, have to wait 2 weeks so its "fair"
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
If you are staying on your server - its not bad. but if you want to go to a different server - you have to do a realm transfer and then a faction change - potentially racking up like $50 bucks.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Tauren is the race to be.

"But won't you miss your aoe silence that almost always doesn't hit people?"

No.

Nor will I miss not having an aoe stun and bigger mounts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think for Prot and Ret paladins Tauren will be superior, but for Holy, losing Arcane Torrent would suck to much imo. Really tired of the Blood Elf animations, but Tauren look even worse =/ Glad I have a supply of over 200 Savory Deviate Delight at least...

WTB TROLL OR GOBLIN PALADINS!

And before people go LOL LORE! at Troll or Goblin paladins, all I gotta say is 'Squid-Goats from Space'
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Pretty simple IMO, if you dont like the way it looks or the animations, you wont be happy with it. You sound kind of wishy washy about it in your first post, so I think you answered your own question.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I just think an AoE stun is more beneficial to a paladin than an AoE silence when being focused on.

Since I'm a blacksmith and gnomish engineer on this toon, it's not like I underperform with all the tools my professions provide.
Edited by Jharek on 11/22/2010 7:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
5% more health PLEASE!, ty have a nice day.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Maybe when it was 5% of total HP but it has been changed to base HP a while back making it just a marginal racial.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Paladin
Pretty simple IMO, if you dont like the way it looks or the animations, you wont be happy with it. You sound kind of wishy washy about it in your first post, so I think you answered your own question.

Thing is, I really like all the animations for Tauren.... just not avengers shield. Its the regular offensive casting animation for tauren, and Ive never liked it. Like pretty much everything else though.

I like the idea that the Tauren Paladin's power comes from the sun, not the holy light.

I never even considered rolling one until I heard about that.

They worship An'she, but it's probably the Holy Light anyway.

I'd recommend BE over Tauren for the racial, Grafty. Torrent's so much better.

I just think an AoE stun is more beneficial to a paladin than an AoE silence when being focused on.

Since I'm a blacksmith and gnomish engineer on this toon, it's not like I underperform with all the tools my professions provide.

Maybe when it was 5% of total HP but it has been changed to base HP a while back making it just a marginal racial.

5% more health PLEASE!, ty have a nice day.

Dont like BE's (No Offense), and couldnt care less about "What racials are better", honestly. Main reason I want to go to horde in the first place is because of friends and to make things "even" on both factions (Alliance warrior, Horde Pally; so 1 plate on both sides. Im sure there are others that are just as anal retentive about stuff like this as I am. )
Edited by Grafty on 11/22/2010 10:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm going to roll one, but not pay to change my main. Not worth the money for me.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Im super tired of being unable to see proper detail on my female belf pally the 2h wepons are smaller than most other races 1h weps. in a perfect world blizz would let humans be on horde so I could keep playing that but since that wont happen Im going femtaur hell yeah!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]