Vanilla Aggramar

85 Orc Warrior
Hi folks, saw the Old Aggramar? thread from a google search, read through the archived posts, surely brings back memories.

My IGN hasn't changed much, but returned like a year ago from before TBC.

Sure wanna get the vanilla memories going.

Guardians of Azeroth -> Unrest -> Fallout

Wassup folks?

Super old classic thread for Song: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=11983105
Edited by Shinákuma on 11/22/2010 7:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Mage
Let me completely recap Vanilla Aggramar for you.

Order of the raven vs. Disposable heroes epeen contests. Kainzo and buggy. Blackrock PvP crushes hopes and dreams. No reasonable horde raiding progression. Exceptional Kakkar blood plague. 2 hour AV queues as Alliance. Hours of dueling outside of Ironforge. Ayup is the greatest tauren in game history. Bane, Lethal, Dara, Paggio (?) ran the forums. Inexorable was the troll to end all trolls. Everyone hates Shing, everyone hates Sparkle, everyone hates Cri, everyone loves Eriond, everyone loves Interceptor (spoilers, he was Inexorable). Voidim single handedly brings honor to Aggramar's Alliance PvP. <PST Kainzo for gold>. Ootr decks out some guy in MC epics for like 2k gold worth of leather during the AQ gate opening. Gold farmers actually farmed gold instead of just hacking accounts. THAT ADORABLE "SONG DRAW THING!" THREAD, D'AWWW...

Also, if any of you actually remember me, color me impressed.
Edited by Terramooner on 11/23/2010 3:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
Teramoon?!

that is spelt wrong and it bothers me
Reply Quote
93 Tauren Druid
No reasonable Horde Raiding progression? Foed and AOC where doing pretty good raiding wise back then.
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Mage
If I remember correctly it wasn't until the Naxxramas patch that you guys actually killed Nefarian... So not like, horrible. Just not as good as the Alliance. Like, no one horde side killed c'thun or anything major in naxx. If I'm wrong, sue me, it was 4 years ago this %!#@ is hard to remember.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Actually that recap was pretty spot on.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Nice recap, brings back memories. =)
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Priest
Lot's of really old names popping on the forums lately!
Reply Quote
93 Tauren Druid
If I remember correctly it wasn't until the Naxxramas patch that you guys actually killed Nefarian... So not like, horrible. Just not as good as the Alliance. Like, no one horde side killed c'thun or anything major in naxx. If I'm wrong, sue me, it was 4 years ago this %!#@ is hard to remember.

Its all relative I suppose. Frankly we didn't care much about competing against the Alliance. We had a pace that worked for us and has served us well for almost 6 years now.
Edited by Amradorn on 11/23/2010 1:41 PM PST
Reply Quote

i know right
Reply Quote

Because they're all unbanned.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Been here since I started playing. Will always keep coming back. Aggramar is my home, has been since Vanilla, will be till the end.

Oh the days of farming MC, BWL, ZG, AQ, AQ40...how I miss them.
Edited by Taleanna on 11/23/2010 7:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
2 Gnome Mage

Because they're all unbanned.

Nope, still banned. Terramoon was sold to a chinese farmer who didn't know it was a smart idea to change the password to the account he had just bought... So he and I ended up logging in back and forth a few times in the span of minutes. Needless to say Blizzard saw an IP from China and an IP from America switching back and forth, and boom goes the dynamite. Terramooner does have a pair of ruby shades though, for what that counts.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Only thing to add is that Kainzo hit the gong late at night, and Yukiri barely made it in time for his buggy and Scarab Lord title. Otherwise, nice recap!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Doneover
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Jadedpunk.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Paagnio, not Paggio. And he stills runs the forums.

From behind the scenes, like the master of puppets.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You forgot the Alliance Marshals group led by Hersheys.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
And the Alterac Valley friday night event.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]