Need Pro prot advice

80 Human Paladin
Raided end game as a resto shaman, now will be doing it on my paladin for cata, as prot. need some prot pally tanks to give me advice on how i have itemized, and let me know if im on the right track or if i should be doing anything different
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
you're on the right track.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
your def on the right track... although i would put your Stalwart Ametrine in your helm to pick up the 12 stam socket bonus because relics do not have socket bonuses for matching their color until the cata relics come out
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
As for talents, pick up seals of the pure. This will help your threat generation. Drop protector of the innocent to pick this up, as well as max out Crusade.
For glyphs, drop judgement for Seal of truth. 10 expertise (not rating, but expertise) is damn nice. And drop word of glory for shield of the righteous.
Other than that, pretty much what Atty said.
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
You were lookin at the spec i used for soling lvl 70 raids, thats why i had all the slef healing talents, if you look at my actual tanking spec its the spec you mentioned
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I personaly would drop improved judgement for hallowed ground but thats just me it depends on what you are doing
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
You're on the right track spec wise. Although since we'll soon be leveling I would take the 2 points out of Seals of the Pure and put them into Eternal Glory.

The reason for this is that you already have the top three Threat Talents,
Wrath of the Lightbringer, Sacred Duty, and Reckoning. Putting points in Eternal Glory gives you a good chance of using Word of Glory for an emergency heal and then being able to use Shield of the Righteous right afterwards for extra threat. and extra damage on mobs while leveling.

Also you want a slower weapon now. the talent and ability changes make it so that a slower weapon with a higher damage amount per swing give you more threat. In cataclysm the tank weapons that drop will be slower than the ones found all throughout WotLK for the most part.

2 very good posts on prot in 4.x.x

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=4&t=29728&sid=f83fe21a561b3d32e62a9e27827223fa&rb_v=viewtopic

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=1&t=29589&rb_v=viewtopic

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]