Shadowflame, does it have a use?

85 Human Warlock
So I just got shadowflame and glyphed it replacing my soul link glyph and was just wondering if the ability has any actual use besides pvp or a leveling "oh %!*%" moment to snare adds.

ty
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
pvp or a leveling "oh %!*%" moment to snare adds.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Figured as much.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
So even single target this spell takes priority over casting something else in my normal rotation?
Edited by Fearlocked on 11/22/2010 1:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
I use it as much as I can pve wise. Just try to position yourself in a way you can get it on the boss.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I've looked through alotta parses and see people not even using it on most bosses only really on marrowgar and maybe deathwhisper for the adds.

Also looked at HLK parses and people aren't even using it.

Must be the melee range thing I guess?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Must be the melee range

Yep.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
derp.
Edited by Harlk on 11/22/2010 2:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
So when I can start near a boss I should add this in, but if I have to be at range in the beggining then it's a no go pretty much since I'd be losing damage by not casting anything to get close.

So if close my rotation should be Immolate, Conglagrate, Bane of Doom, Shadowflame, Corruption, Chaos Bolt and Incinerate.

If not able to start in melee range then remove shadowflame?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Well I'm a min/maxer so I guess it's melee range for me =(

Thought I rolled range to actually attack from range!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
So I just got shadowflame and glyphed it replacing my soul link glyph and was just wondering if the ability has any actual use besides pvp or a leveling "oh %!*%" moment to snare adds.

ty

Its to be used as a snare in pve and pvp. And its a god damn good one too. Its not meant for damage, however if you are destro you can use it to get a quick conflag off without using casting immo.

Using it in a rotation is rather impractical due to its low range/damage and high mana cost.
Edited by Bonespirit on 11/22/2010 3:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
You can also limit the downtime of casting by setting your summoning circle at your ranged spot and they just jumping back once you apply the attack.

If you want to just run up and then get back to range fast that is.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Ok so according to Bonespirit it's just a snare not a main rotation ability.

wtf!
Reply Quote
Well something you can do in Demo as an Aoe Rotation..
Demonform
Stun
Immolation Aura
Shadowflame
Hellfire/RoF

It brings many pretty number on the AoE dps. Also very good to slow people who are in front of your face.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Ok so according to Bonespirit it's just a snare not a main rotation ability.

wtf!

Yeah but its a damn good slow! Seriously not even being sarcastic here. I just found out that you can no longer use conflag on shadowflame, which is gay... Although it still is an awesome snare and does decent damage in pvp.

However for pve you are better off just spamming seed or rain. You don't want to get too close to aoe packs in the event you pull agro and get one shot before you can shatter.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Its changing now that it'll be a shorter CD... That'll be cool...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]