Why I heal (A noobs perspective)

85 Undead Priest
As a person I enjoy being useful.
I also enjoy doing something that maybe not everyone else does.

I'd rather be a Tank or a Healer because of this. There slightly less common, and they're mandatory to a group.

As a healer it's easy to see yourself getting better without getting stomped by others.

DPS or total damage is hard to gauge as sometimes other classes are just built better at certain levels (Shadow priests, really dont come into there own until 40+ I hear) so you'll be out performed by other classes simpily because lvl 19 is a good level to be a rouge. Or at least thats how it seems.

Also, theres a few common metrics you can use as a healer to become much better.
Not just keeping everyone above 90-95% at all times (although that's a good thing to meause) but also things like overhealing can be kept down to a minimum, and Mana levels can be kept up at the same time.

This makes the class more appealing to me as a newish player (had a 70 a while back, when WOTLK was out lol)
Reply Quote
84 Blood Elf Priest
you know you do good on heal when everyone don't die (not mean they have full hp) and your party beat a last boss of the dungeon.

meanwhile, in DPS, you think you suck when you don't score first place or close to first place's dps :(

but, I am happy to hear you have a fun on your healers. Hope that Cata will make healing more fun for you.
Edited by Padaran on 11/23/2010 7:27 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]