Ret PvE Post 4.0.1

85 Blood Elf Paladin

Glyphs are a little intimidating, and, at least on my server, they are expensive. So, use what you can afford. But get these.

Prime

Exorcism- A fireball mechanic was added to Exo (20% of damage over 6 seconds I believe). This will double that extra damage.

Judgement- Extra Judgment damage is good, and Judgments are used pretty often, so take this extra damage.

Templar's Verdict- Our biggest attack with even more damage? Wheres the AH?

Major Glyphs

Hammer of Wrath- With Wings, Wrath is used often. Make it free, and it's even better.

Holy Wrath- With a change to this spell, it can hit all types of mobs, not just Undead, but only stunning them. This adds Dragons and Elementals to that list.

Ascetic Crusader- This reduces the mana cost of our Crusader Strike, so it can't hurt. And, besides, this is the only other useful Ret glyph.

Minor Glyphs

These are not very important, as they only reduce the mana cost of your Seals and Blessings. Grab both Blessings, then your most used Seal.

If you're going to make a guide based on the few weeks we have left in wrath, the least you could is make sure your information is correct. No one really needs a guide to play at level 80 for a week or two.

This guide isn't accurate at all and many of your choices for glyphs are incorrect for raiding and heroics in general. I suggest learning more about your class before you go around trying to feed information to others. All this guide does is confuse people looking for proper information.

Edited by Xonk on 11/21/2010 4:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Glyphs are a little intimidating, and, at least on my server, they are expensive. So, use what you can afford. But get these.

Prime

Exorcism- A fireball mechanic was added to Exo (20% of damage over 6 seconds I believe). This will double that extra damage.

Judgement- Extra Judgment damage is good, and Judgments are used pretty often, so take this extra damage.

Templar's Verdict- Our biggest attack with even more damage? Wheres the AH?

Major Glyphs

Hammer of Wrath- With Wings, Wrath is used often. Make it free, and it's even better.

Holy Wrath- With a change to this spell, it can hit all types of mobs, not just Undead, but only stunning them. This adds Dragons and Elementals to that list.

Ascetic Crusader- This reduces the mana cost of our Crusader Strike, so it can't hurt. And, besides, this is the only other useful Ret glyph.

Minor Glyphs

These are not very important, as they only reduce the mana cost of your Seals and Blessings. Grab both Blessings, then your most used Seal.

If you're going to make a guide based on the few weeks we have left in wrath, the least you could is make sure your information is correct. No one really needs a guide to play at level 80 for a week or two.

This guide isn't accurate at all and many of your choices for glyphs are incorrect for raiding and heroics in general. I suggest learning more about your class before you go around trying to feed information to others. All this guide does is confuse people looking for proper information.

Reasons? Don't criticize my post if you're not gonna give a reason. Exo is a hard hitting ability (22k crit in HHoR), and Judge is used practically on every CD (priority willing), so i see no reason to not include those. TV is obvious. Minors are very situational, so I didn't say "Get this." You can get whatever Minor Glyph you want.

Hammer of Wrath is iffy, I'll give you that, and Holy Wrath is situational, but, like I said in the post, Hammer of Wrath, for Rets at least, can be used whenever Wings are up. Since we use wings often, we can hazard taking the no mana cost, since CS/Holy Wrath/Judgement still costs mana. As for Holy Wrath, stuns are going to be important in Cata, as this means less damage incoming, and less healing needed, so it helps. And since most mobs in Cata will be dragons/elementals, this is a fairly useful glyph, even if it isn't a DPS increase. But, to each his own then....

As for your whole, "Why post with 3 weeks of wrath left?", maybe see it as a jump start to Cata...? >.>
Edited by Juwpiter on 11/21/2010 11:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Reasons? Don't criticize my post if you're not gonna give a reason. Exo is a hard hitting ability (22k crit in HHoR), and Judge is used practically on every CD (priority willing), so i see no reason to not include those. TV is obvious. Minors are very situational, so I didn't say "Get this." You can get whatever Minor Glyph you want.

Only just noticed this but, your information on Exorcism is wrong, Exorcism itself does not leave a fireball like DoT behind, the glyph does NOT double that damage, the glyph adds the fireball DoT effect to exorcism.

Second, Judgement is now a pretty weak spell, 10% extra judgement, is really not much, if you wanna add glyphs in by how often an ability is used, then Crusader strike will be used far more often than Judgement, and is a stronger dps increase than judgement, and Seal of Truth glyph is 10 expertise, a huge boost, SoT is in fact the highest dps boost glyph out there.

Hammer of Wrath is iffy, I'll give you that, and Holy Wrath is situational, but, like I said in the post, Hammer of Wrath, for Rets at least, can be used whenever Wings are up. Since we use wings often, we can hazard taking the no mana cost, since CS/Holy Wrath/Judgement still costs mana. As for Holy Wrath, stuns are going to be important in Cata, as this means less damage incoming, and less healing needed, so it helps. And since most mobs in Cata will be dragons/elementals, this is a fairly useful glyph, even if it isn't a DPS increase. But, to each his own then....

As for your whole, "Why post with 3 weeks of wrath left?", maybe see it as a jump start to Cata...? >.>

For hammer of wrath, none of the major or minor glyphs really gives any dps increase, so it doesn't really matter what you choose, Rebuke currently is bugged and procs seals on use, since Rebuke is off the GCD, its basically free damage and some paladins macro it with all their abilities, glyphing rebuke to make it free might make sense if you do that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]