Leatherworking and Cataclysm:

85 Orc Warrior
In cataclysm Leatherworking for any Min/Maxer is an absolute must. It's 2 times better than any other profession in terms of the raw stats it gives you. Every other profession gives you +80 to your primary stats roughly. Leatherworking gives 190 to your wrists. Options if you aren't a Leatherworker are Dodge/Crit/Haste/Expertise/Hit. This is a Major concern for players like myself who want to min max but have a choice. THere's no situation where you would chose any of the current wrist enchants available and compare them to what you gain by being a Leatherworker. Leatherworking seriously outweighs the benefits of every other profession. Is this being looked into at all to even it's strengths out at all?
Edited by Kuju on 11/19/2010 9:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Given how they balanced stat gain from profs in WotLK it doesn't make much sense to grossly overdo one of them in terms of stat gain. I'd vote that something is missing from this equation.

Edit: Its a 130 bonus according to Wowhead http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=85008, 195 for stamina however.
Edited by Baskoh on 11/19/2010 9:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
There will be +75 Stam and +50 to the other stats enchant for Bracers, we just don't know where yet. By all means you could level LW to take advantage of a small bonus until those are available, just it may turn out to be an expensive investment with a minimal return.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
There will be +75 Stam and +50 to the other stats enchant for Bracers, we just don't know where yet. By all means you could level LW to take advantage of a small bonus until those are available, just it may turn out to be an expensive investment with a minimal return.

Where? I haven't seen any mention of this on the Beta forums. There's nothing in game on Beta atm about any other wrists enchants.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Not everything that will go Live has been seen in Beta. Simply, this would be such an obvious omission that it is inconceivable that they would leave it out. It would be like forgetting to add Tier 11 for just Warriors or something. Even if they have a mental breakdown and forget them, they will have to patch them in asap as soon as everybody starts screaming.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock

Where? I haven't seen any mention of this on the Beta forums. There's nothing in game on Beta atm about any other wrists enchants.

http://cata.wowhead.com/skill=333#recipes:0-14+1

Use "search within results" for Bracer.
Edited by Vogie on 11/20/2010 12:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior

Thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Point still remains that the Stamina gains for a Tank are unequaled. No other profession is even close to the benefit LW provides a Tank. This is an unneeded imbalance. It's neither fun or fair. LW is mandatory for min/max player Tanks now if this doesn't change.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior

I looked again and still didn't see any mention of the +50 to primary stat bracer enchant? Am I missing something?
Reply Quote
Point still remains that the Stamina gains for a Tank are unequaled. No other profession is even close to the benefit LW provides a Tank. This is an unneeded imbalance. It's neither fun or fair. LW is mandatory for min/max player Tanks now if this doesn't change.

Please explain?

It was my understanding that LW get a 195 stamina enchant, but can't get the 75 stamina enchant mentioned earlier. That is a 120 stamina gain over non-leatherworkers.

I was also under the impression that stamina gems in Cataclysm would be worth 60 stamina each. So if EVERY profession was balanced around 2 extra gems, then any profession that gives stamina / health would recieve an extra 120 stamina / 1,200 health from the profession perk.

So how exactly is leatherworking overpowered?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter

Please explain?

It was my understanding that LW get a 195 stamina enchant, but can't get the 75 stamina enchant mentioned earlier. That is a 120 stamina gain over non-leatherworkers.

I was also under the impression that stamina gems in Cataclysm would be worth 60 stamina each. So if EVERY profession was balanced around 2 extra gems, then any profession that gives stamina / health would recieve an extra 120 stamina / 1,200 health from the profession perk.

You're not supposed to tell them that until after they spend thousands of gold chasing the latest OP/FOTM profession.
Reply Quote
You're not supposed to tell them that until after they spend thousands of gold chasing the latest OP/FOTM profession.

True, true. But I don't have a skinner and I would really appreciate it if all the noobs powerleveling leatherworking for the "double" stamina buff weren't jacking up the cost of leather on the AH.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior

Please explain?

I'm looking in the cataclysm beta files on Wowhead and i can't find the 75 stam to bracer enchant nor the 50 Intellect/agi/strength enchant. I was asking if I was missing anything? Your post didn't help. I said that if their are plans to have the 75 stam to bracers and the 50 to primary it would be equal to what every other profession has. At this time the only enchants I see in cataclysm to bracers is 50 haste/hit/expertise/dodge. 130 Intellect/strength/agility completely squashes the enchanting version. It's much higher than any other bonus in the game in terms of what a profession gives you primary stat wise.

However I see no mention of it in any files and if someone knows where I can find these please let me know!

Thanks!
Edited by Kuju on 11/24/2010 10:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
Its possible that the enchants never made it to beta. Professions don't need beta testing the way skills and talents do. So Blizzard would be wise to keep some things secret for the expansion.

Then again, Blizzard doesn't like "tanking" enchants. So they orignally didn't have a +40 stamina enchant for bracers at the start of WotLK. Doesn't mean that the LW enchant wasn't itemized correctly, just like it is now, it only meant that Blizzard didn't want tanks stacking stamina. As soon as stamina stacking became "manadatory" however, and plater wearers started to level leatherworking, adding the stamina enchant became the simplest solution to the problem.

Long story short, don't assume anything on the beta is fact. If LW really is OP, Blizzard will adjust it. Just ask an Engineer.
Reply Quote
89 Troll Druid
LW isn't anywhere near 2x better than any other profession. From the stat weights I have seen for a few specs it's about 25% better than other professions though. To balance professions Blizzard needs to fix LW, nerf Engineering for casters, make Engineering useful for anyone else and fix Alchemy for tanks.

I wouldn't bet on Blizzard doing anything about LW anytime soon. It was brought up on the Beta forums quite a while ago and they didn't do anything. It's unlikely that they'll make any new primary stat bracer enchants since there's already six or seven options. Also in WotLK, Blizzard didn't address JC being incredibly overpowered garbage for 9 months.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
There is an LK one, +40, and we are currently still in LK. There aren't any Cata enchants yet for any slots. We don't know what there will or won't be until Dec 7th, and possibly a little after that if there are non-trained enchants to discover (as there most likely will).

Blizzard is a bit between a rock and a hard place with releasing profession information. If they tell us everything, it totally dulls the excitement of discovery when the new stuff is released. If they tell us nothing, it can't get tested. So they go for somewhere in between, show us some basic stuff and tell us the rest is along the same lines, but then people go off making assumptions and extrapolating without full information and get upset by stuff they invented themselves.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]