Crit vs. Mastery?

81 Night Elf Druid
Hey guys,

I'm newly back to the game after being gone for awhile, and alot has seemed to have changed. :D

All questions revolve around PvP more then PvE.

So I'm aware I can switch stats over to Mastery... I'm assuming Critical Strike Rating would be my most likely choice, but at what crit percentage does Mastery outweigh Crit Strike Rating? Or does it always? My Crit's sitting at an unbuffed 49.5% at the moment.

Also, my hit rating is a little low I think, it's at 124. Should I just hit hit cap for 80 targets for pvp, or do I need to go higher? Or is it even worth it? Should I reforge to hit from crit to cap, then go Mastery? Or skip hit all together?

All advice appreciated.

Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Mastery converts to bleed damage at an amazing rate, which makes it trump any other non-agility stat from a pure DPS perspective. You'll want to reforge everything to mastery. And just like every PVP spec, getting hit capped is a top priority.

You don't really want to reforge to hit, as that reduces your mastery, and you don't want to gem hit *too* much, as that reduces your agility, so your best bet is to get your hit from your offset pieces. The ones with hit on them are the hit versions of the PVP neck, cloak, and the 245 Relentless melee ring if I remember correctly, with gemming a little bit of hit to hit the cap if required. If you want to PVE a little, the Ashen Verdict rep ring is amazing, even in PVP, and it has hit on it.
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid
Excellent, thank you for the response.

So even if it drops my crit under 40% I should still convert crit strike rating to Mastery? Also hit capped vs 83 or hit capped vs 80?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Mastery's conversion rating is so powerful compared to crit that it's better than crit for any value of crit, basically. So yes, reforge it regardless of how low you drop.

And PVP is all level 80 players. Hit cap for 80.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]