Knockback Mechanics

58 Tauren Death Knight
Any chance we could see knockback mechanics instead function like disengage does?

Rated AB and EotS would thank you for considering this.
Reply Quote
58 Tauren Death Knight
Don't stand in between the knockbacker and a cliff.

EotS flag makes that one a little difficult.

Making the caster move instead of the attacker still buys the distance they need.
Reply Quote
58 Tauren Death Knight
Don't stand in between the knockbacker and a cliff.

EotS flag makes that one a little difficult.

Making the caster move instead of the attacker still buys the distance they need.

Nah, There are still only 2 cliffs there, so you have 2 other directions in which to stand.

Positional attacks say hello.

Not to mention you know more abilities like this might apprear in the future, put a leash on it now and keep proper escape mechanics use in the hands on the user not the defender.

They got rid of feared people walking off of cliffs.
Reply Quote
58 Tauren Death Knight
I've done the ShS back on target already, and I even had one magical ShS to a player on the low road in AB (I was all but dead so he just floored me right away regardless, BUT I DID IT GOSH DANGIT!)

I might have been mistaken, but I swear one time in an EotS I saw a DK deathgrip someone for a death ride with them as well, but he didn't brag about it in chat, so it might have been another knockback timed very well with a lucky similar trajectory.

Reply Quote
58 Tauren Death Knight
It looked like the deathgrip went off at the same time as the knockback, so the DK was knocked back while in the process of deathgripping someone else and it looked like that someone else was thrown with the DK's trajectory as well.

It was probably just another knockback timed and positioned perfectly with the event sequence that happened, but it looked really hilarious.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
rofl
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
It's called "crowd control" for a reason.

What they really need to do is bring back the old blastwave so that there are more knockbacks.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
FH
There are a lot more places to knock people off in EoTS than just the flag bridge. That map is teeming with possibilities!

And yeah, I don't see this not getting changed more than one season of rated BGs in. It's such an obvious problem.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Knockbacks are gimmick spells anyways. There's nothing wrong with that.

In fact, I'll go so far as to say Death Grip is a gimmick, at least for my spec - it always makes me happy that DKs are perfectly willing to do the gap closing for me!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
This is part of the battleground.

If they wanted all battlegrounds to be perfectly flat where there were no terrain obstacles, then the battlegrounds would already be perfectly flat.

If you want to play somewhere that actually has no place to fall and hurt yourself, then you can always stick to arenas.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
And you don't get killing blow credit for the knockback kill, which is going to be more of a big deal in rated BGs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]