Severe FPS Issues after patch

85 Tauren Druid
Anyone else having this issue? I have a Dell inspiron 1520 with Dual core processors, 4G RAM, and an NVIDIA 8600M GT Video card with the most updated drivers. I had no issues at all before the patch.

I know the Laptop isn't overheating because I had no issues before the patch. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Death Knight
Are you running any addons? If so, how many?

Are you running a lot of background programs, behind WoW?

What are your graphics settings at in WoW?

What operating system are you running?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
None stopped all addons

No killed most all backup programs in msconfig

Not sure, what should I change in Wow?

Windows 7
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I ended up turning off Windows Defender completely. I suppose you could try disabling "Real Time Protection" as I suspect that was actually the problem. But since I don't like Windows telling me what to do I'm not a big fan of their "in the box products". So I disabled the Defender program in full.

My fps went from being under 10 fps at login for between 10 and 30 seconds to being up to 25 within the first second after logging in.

I had done the same thing, copied out my WTF and Interface folders and then deleted the WTF, Cache and Interface folders and started WoW with nothing but WoW. My fps got a little bit better but then my latency went over 800.

I've been dealing with this since the first patch came out. Scouring the forums and even the web to try to find anything I could change that would get me back to where I was before the patch. This is what did it.... or at least got me the closest.

I suppose that also means if it is the "real time protection" if you're not running Windows Defender it could be the same setting in whatever virus protection you are using. But I'd check Defender anyway because maybe you have double protection with an additional anti-virus and that is going to make it worse because now it has 2 scans to go through before it will open each file.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Also try turning off sunshafts
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Thanks will try all the suggestions
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Just because a notebook didn't overheat with one patch doesn't mean it can't with a new one. Run HWMonitor and make sure.

Disabling addons doesn't really turn them off. Rename the Interface folder and start the game again. With 4.03, a lot of addons don't play well with WoW again.
irc://chat.freenode.net/wowtech
http://webchat.freenode.net
Channel Name: #wowtech
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Death Knight
Just because a notebook didn't overheat with one patch doesn't mean it can't with a new one. Run HWMonitor and make sure.

Disabling addons doesn't really turn them off. Rename the Interface folder and start the game again. With 4.03, a lot of addons don't play well with WoW again.

^^^ Truth.

Rename that Interface folder, and try lowering your graphics settings in WoW (use the slider if you're not sure what the other options do).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]