Wyrmrest Accord IC Twitter Project!

25 Gnome Mage
<<Somewhere in Stormwind (and Orgrimmar) a note is posted above a large chest full of small-ish tomes>>

"Well, since you're being nosey and reading something that doesn't concern you...you might as well make it concern you. I mean why go through all the effort and walk away empty? So, take one of these here tomes. Not sure where they originated from, but I fond them during my expidition to find a cure for wrinkles. They are neat little tomes. Apparently when you scribble something in one, it appears on the pages of all the others!

one who dabbles in magic myself, I can tell you that it's just that; magic. It's almost like a teleport, but with words. The mage who created them must have been quite pathetic if you ask me. For some reason it will only send one-hundred-and-forty letters at a time! Go figure. But there you have it. Feel free to take one or two. Who knows what kind of strangers you'll meet that possess other tomes of its like!

Apparently there's this little box on the front that you have to scribble in some sort of name or unique indentification before the tome will work. Looks like these names appear before each message you type. I named my tome Fromwizzle. I know, creative right?"

Enjoy!

=======
(( OOC ))
=======

Ladies and gentleman, welcome to the Wyrmrest Accord in-character Twitter project! Basically, what you do is create a Twitter account for your character(s). Keep it 100% in-character. No OOC! Your character in-game must have one of these spiffy magic tomes. Your account can only follow players/characters participating in the project--this will help us expand the project community simply by seeing who people are following. Following non-participants of this project with your character Twitter account will only lead to other participants having to filter through people you're following, so let's all try to stick to the rules!

Imagine running into a character in-game that you recognize from these magical messages from afar. It will open up many RP opportunites! You might even be messaging somebody in the tomes that your character hates in person! Imagine the fun when they both find out. Imagine all the secret admirers you could have! Not to mention you can RP from your phone while sitting through a boring lecture in economics, or offering fake smiles and pretending your having fun at a family gathering when you really just want to get home so you can play some WoW.

Anywho, if anyone has any feedback, do share! Respond if you plan to participare. Be sure to include the character name/Twitter ID so others can add you as followers.

Have fun with it!

==========
THE RULES
==========

1) Each account must be for a single character

2) All Tweets must be 100% in-character

3) ONLY follow other participants in the project; nobody else!
(this is very important, as it helps us find/locate and other characters easily by using other's "following" list)

4) Everything Tweeted is considered having happened in-game

5) If we get non-participants responding to our tweets we will have to all be sure to change our accounts to allow only accepted followers. This might not be a bad idea to do anyway if we want to assure the RP immersion.

6) Use PMs for OOC messages rather than ((parenthesizing)) text in tweets themselves.

==================
How It Works In-Game
==================

The tome/book is about the size of your real-life average paperback novel. On the inside cover is a place where you write a name (or whatever you want to be known as). This is the name that appears before every transfer of text. You can draw a line through the name to erase it, and enter a new one.

The magic of the tome only transfers a limited amount of text (140 characters, just like twitter). When the pages fill with messages, the magic erases all the text so you can keep writing.

=================================
Wyrmrest Character Twitter Community
I'll try to keep this updated

@2Mahnas
    @ambassadorally
    @BloodKnightFae
    @BrassSteamdrill
    @ChefGhede
    @CeannHeavyhorn
    @CptnSeawolf
    @CrzyAlchemy
    @DrakenWrA
    @Dratnea
    @Drinndelion
    @FatherAidin
    @Fromwizzle
    @GossamerScales
    @Henriettecull
    @Ikthael
    @JerothWrA
    @kaliskae
    @kara_wranet
    @klinegreyhame
    @KordiasKazin
    @KroyArcfire
    @LadyDawncaster
    @LadyLakefire
    @LaessaTome
    @LenaOnofre
    @M_Arixan
    @MaiWildblood
    @ManThatNeverWas
    @MarloRaeGrayson
    @mkv3nner
    @mordrainshando
    @ObsidanWRath
    @PessimistPercy
    @Priskamir
    @RockeyaWrA
    @Saeureon
    @sahaiara
    @ShadyFishmonger
    @SnimmySiviil
    @SnowMoth
    @sylvie4unlife
    @TadaahSawtekk
    @Telleroffortune
    @ThaneDimlight
    @TheGeargrinder
    @ThreeWorg
    @TShadowgale

Edited by Fromwizzle on 11/28/2010 10:14 PM PST
42 Dwarf Priest
Twitter ID: @PessimistPercy
Sounds good to me!

http://twitter.com/MarloRaeGrayson
@VandrickSlade
80 Orc Warlock
@golavar is already my actual twitter! D:
25 Gnome Mage

Like your personal one? Keep in mind we're trying to make these character accounts exclusive to Wyrmrest Accord and our characters, only following other members of the project. Won't work if you use a regular twitter account family, friends, players from other servers, etc follow. =). We want to make this very much in-game, server, and character specific.

EDIT: Yeah, you're following all sorts of people that are not characters in our server. 100% in-character project here!
Edited by Fromwizzle on 11/20/2010 12:29 PM PST
82 Blood Elf Mage
@LadyDawncaster
80 Orc Warlock

Like your personal one? Keep in mind we're trying to make these character accounts exclusive to Wyrmrest Accord and our characters, only following other members of the project. Won't work if you use a regular twitter account family, friends, players from other servers, etc follow. =). We want to make this very much in-game, server, and character specific.

EDIT: Yeah, you're following all sorts of people that are not characters in our server. 100% in-character project here!

Lol no what I meant to say is I'd like to do this, I just already use @golavar for my personal twitter.
25 Gnome Mage

Lol no what I meant to say is I'd like to do this, I just already use @golavar for my personal twitter.

Ooooh! Right right. Just might have to add a nickname or last name. I had to add one of my character's last name.
@KordiasKazin
85 Draenei Shaman
ok so I made one @dratnea
Trying to look for you guys but so far 3 for 0. None of you are showing up :(
Edited by Dratnea on 11/20/2010 2:56 PM PST
82 Blood Elf Mage
I registered the account as @Erindae and then decided to change it to @LadyDawncaster. The change might not have registered right away, so if you can't find my account under @Erindae... try @LadyDawncaster.
97 Night Elf Druid
I'm @Saeureon :D Hit me up, ya'll.
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Well, I love the idea of doing something like this. I registered mine @TShadowgale . =P
65 Human Warlock
@Telleroffortune

Or you can just look up Syneauv. You'll find me either way. :)
86 Undead Warrior
@sylvie4unlife
25 Gnome Mage
ok so I made one @dratnea
Trying to look for you guys but so far 3 for 0. None of you are showing up :(

I'm heading out now, but I'll be back in an hour or two. Once I add you, you can grab everybody else from my "Following" list.

Good to see people participating. Spread the word. I really like the idea of the cross-faction interaction. Maybe we'll find out that our "enemies" aren't all that different from us after all, and there are greater common enemies between us. So encourage your guildmates and as many RPers as you can to participate. The more the better!

Now I actually have a legitimate RP reason to RP in tells. Far as I'm concerned they can be private Twitter (magic tome) messages. Just have to keep them under 140 words lol.
25 Gnome Mage
Maybe if enough people participate we can manage to get a sticky so everyone can find the list of characters easier.
It's hard to say if I want to participate or how to proceed.
I don't want to do just one character if I participate at all... too many characters to keep track of that many twitter accounts, but having them all on one twitter would possibly be far too confusing.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]