Pally Tanking ability Ideas

I think you guys should reduce the duration of Concration back down to atleast 15 seconds instead of 30 to maintain AOE threat, and also hammer of rightouse you to spread Seal of Truth to 5 targets since at that time HOR used to hit only 5 targets. Since now it hits the main target for half the previous damage but does holy damage to those infront of the pally why not allow it to apply seal of truth to all targets within its cone affect. Now it only applys Seal of Truth to the main target instead of applying it to all that it hits. It would balance out threat. If you do this you could also reduce the damage of seal of truth that isn't on the main target so pallys aren't over powered. Pallys used to be able to spam concrecation every 8 second and now thirty that a bit unfair since warriors can spam thunderclap every 20 seconds. Tell me what you guys think about this
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Warrior
/drink.

begin parsing wall-o-text 1.0:
error, possible trolling detected.
abort, retry, fail? r

1. consecration is not how to maintain aoe threat. its how you establish it on a group.
2. hammer of the righteous worked on 4 targets, not 5, and spreading seals at the time was a bug that was only supposed to spread to the targeting mob, not the splashed mobs. since HoTR now hits all mobs in a cone, this would be severely over powered. alas, its unnecessary.
This would not balance threat at all. it would severely overpower your threat.
3. Thunderclap is not the same design as consecration, thus works differently. warriors do not have a 3 second cooldown that hits all mobs like you do, thus thunderclap is needed to help that roll.

different classes are different.
Edited by Xurk on 11/20/2010 9:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
For single target tanking. I think you should increase the damage of the single target attacks or threat output. Pallys still have alot of issues with single target. Especially in raids that I have seen.
Reply Quote
I am aware classes are different. Atleast when a warrior rends a target then thunderclap it spreads rend to all targets within range which is pretty kick ass. I see alot of pallys fuss about threat all the time. Although I do have a tanking pally myself I usually don't have problems accept sometimes in a raid with people who are outgearing me and thats with single target. Since I work alot I cannot do icc alot so I get left out of the loop. Which sucks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes I have single target threat issues with 20k SoRs every 10.5 seconds (Sarcasm). But if you spec Glyph properly there is nothing wrong with paladin threat. (Yes i know i need a slow weapon :( )
Edited by Iamlighty on 11/20/2010 1:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Last I heard it was a 360 degree attack. When did it get nerfed to a freaking cone?

Xurk and the OP are mistaken on this point - it's still a 360-degree attack.

@OP: Thunderclap has a 6-second cooldown (not 20) and hits for less than HotR.
Edited by Alandrek on 11/20/2010 1:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
For single target tanking. I think you should increase the damage of the single target attacks or threat output. Pallys still have alot of issues with single target. Especially in raids that I have seen.

The only time any tank has threat issues is with in the first 30 seconds to a minute of a fight. After that threat more or less becomes a non issue.

Last I heard it was a 360 degree attack. When did it get nerfed to a freaking cone?

Why does this keep coming up? You should be trying to keep mobs in front of you as it is.
Edited by Xayton on 11/20/2010 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

What raids are these? We shine in single target threat against a boss who is smashing our face in, just like every other tank, if your stacking vengeance you shouldn't be having aggro problems, and we don't. After my first SotR goes off i'm pretty much safe for the rest of the fight usually; and I just joined a guild that is ahead of me in content, so I'm overgeared by the dpsers, and still, I have no threat issues when tanking a boss.

Trash is another story, sometimes good and sometimes bad, and cultists... I always loose threat on cultists, it's sad lol
Edited by Marymel on 11/20/2010 2:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
and spreading seals at the time was a bug that was only supposed to spread to the targeting mob

Proof of that statement? I realize they changed Seal of Command to only proc from the initial hit, but that was just a nerf to that specific seal.

I'd like them to return the functionality of HotR applying seals again, but I don't think they could do it without making it overpowered..especially since it hits an unlimited number of targets now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]