Focus could use some fun

85 Gnome Rogue
Spending focus needs some sort of secondary benefit to make it as fun as energy or runic power.

Spend energy to get combo points -> finishers are fun!

Spend runes to get runic power -> deathcoil/froststrike, which can also give you more runes. Fun!

Spend focus -> get an empty focus bar, which means you have to stop moving and use casted shots that aren't fun.

Out of the 3 resource systems listed above, focus feels like the only one that actually punishes you for using it.

Maybe the first 1-2 steady/cobra shots after you're below 20 focus could be instant cast? Or the first 1-2 steady/cobra shots after you're below 20 focus could get a damage bonus.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
It's significantly better game design for it to be a choice, and not just something you hit every 8 seconds. Focus is not the real problem.
Reply Quote
77 Blood Elf Mage
Steady/Cobra shots feel like our combo point builders....but our finishers (Arcane Shot, Chimera Shot, Explosive Shot, Kill Command) are just....lame.

Edit: I guess Explosive Shot feels kind of like a finisher, but the others feel like "meh".
Edited by Kobudera on 11/20/2010 3:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Does this mean that warriors get punished for spending rage?
Reply Quote
77 Blood Elf Mage
Are you asking if we think they do, or if we think they should? I don't really understand your question, I guess.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
When did finishers become 'fun'?
Reply Quote
77 Blood Elf Mage
Fun is subjective of course but being able to choose whether you stun, bleed, or damage someone is more fun than just doing somewhere between twice and triple the damage of your combo point builder.

I greatly prefer the old Chimera Shot mechanic. Sure, I almost always used it with Serpent Sting (especially in PvP), but the choice to do something different with it if I wanted was there.
Edited by Kobudera on 11/20/2010 3:37 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)