Rogue Leveling FAQ (5.x)

(Sticky)

56 Blood Elf Rogue
Thanks for this!
As a new Rogue, I'll be coming back to this for more help as I move along. And thanks for the recommended heirloom list. As soon as I'm able to cash out JP, I'm going to buy what I can off that list. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
10/29/2012 01:42 AMPosted by Lekonal
Use Sinister Strike to add 5 combo points on your target and then use a finisher.

Use sinster strike until 4 combo points, use Releaving strike, then eviserate.****

If you are going to use revealing strike, the best practice is to use it enough to keep the debuff on the target since it now grants a 20% chance for an extra combo point like the old ss glyph did in cata.

That said, before 80, most things will be long dead before you make it to 5 cp.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
@ Aeriwen I would like to know if combat is good for leveling while random BG's and a good play style to learn or should I use my other heirloom dagger and go Assassination?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I would try them all. They are fun in their own way. We really do have a lot of parity between the specs. Some minor issues aside, you can play any one you want and still perform well.
Reply Quote
I like the free trinket and 10 percent rep, just would have be a different race!
Reply Quote
43 Human Paladin
So i just hit 10 and went combat...you said dagger in off hand isnt as necessary as it used to be, so should i go a non dagger 1 hand in off hand or go with dagger in off hand?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
It really doesn't matter what is offhand for combat while leveling. Go with what you got.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I have been playing this class for quite some time and I wish I would have seen this video before, it made a lot of sense, Thank you. What do you think about FoK and spamming them in large mobs?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
For most trash, spamming is about all you can do.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Nice guide! I will be definitely be using this to level my rogue :]
Reply Quote
Hi. Is there a mastery cap for combat pvp rogues? What should I take for my last talent? None of them seem to do much. Should I be stacking Mast or Crit for combat pvp. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
12/22/2012 10:17 AMPosted by Meggajohn
Hi. Is there a mastery cap for combat pvp rogues? What should I take for my last talent? None of them seem to do much. Should I be stacking Mast or Crit for combat pvp. Thanks.

You should check out the stickies for pve at the top of the forum.

Vere's guide is located here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6758626681

That should get you started for PvE.
Reply Quote
HI AND THANKS BUT i AM NOT INTERESTED IN PVE. IF i COULD FIND MY ANSWERS IN STICKY i WOULD GO THERE.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
The pvp guide isn't complete. But you can read it here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7416263110
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
Aeriwen! How is my combat spec and glyphs looking?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
12/24/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Kelfalfin
Aeriwen! How is my combat spec and glyphs looking?

You are just fine. The new talent and glyph system isn't like the old system. Choices come down more to preference, instead of clearly good/bad choices.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Pardon in advance for the possibly silly question but-

Are the Heirlooms mentioned in your first post still the recommended ones?

Thanks!

At a quick glance and read-through of this guide, it seems like it covers much (if not everything) for a new Rogue to begin questing and adventuring. Thank you! I've been wanting to play a Rogue now for some time, and am glad this is here!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Yes, the heirlooms are current. There is talk of new extended (85) hierlooms for 5.2, but nothing official obviously. It took them a while to add the legs and helms. They were data mined in cata, but weren't available until MoP I believe. So, who knows.

Good luck with your rogue and have fun. :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Quick question, i have a level 48 rogue (all heirloom) been having a blast leveling him. but for pvp should i be using combat (currently using that, and i do great damage but sometimes i have problems killing people) or should i use one of the other specs? and if so, right now i have mainhand boa dagger venerable and offhand balanced heart seeker, should i buy another heart seeker and use that for another spec for pvp? thanks!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]