Rogue Leveling FAQ (6.x)

(Sticky)

100 Human Rogue
If you are using daggers, you should not use combat. But it sounds like you are using Venerable Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge? It is a sword, so it fine.

I have no indication that any one spec is more powerful in low level pvp than others. Some classes are just really tanky. You'll' often run into tanks that have queueed as well.

Some notes:

You should use killing spree on a single target if you can.

If there are multiple opponents near each other, run away a bit and then run back to your intended target while spamming KSpree. KSpree will only hit targets in range of Kspree, not the the target, so you can isolate a single target in many cases with a little finesse.

KSpree does not hit breakable cc targets. Gouge/sap/blind will not be hit, so you can cc one person and the ks another even if they are all in range.

Be sure to to apply revealing strike before Kidney Shot for a long 8 second stun. (2 extra seconds). KS is off of DR 6 (or 8) second after the cooldown of Kidney Shot. If you build combo points for a new KS after the cd on KS is up, usually that it long enough for stun dr to wear off.
Edited by Aeriwen on 12/29/2012 12:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
51 Human Rogue
rouges should also look for using stamina stat due to running off energy
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
12/30/2012 09:43 PMPosted by Royalkingo
rouges should also look for using stamina stat due to running off energy

Stamina in no way interacts with energy or energy regen. Haste will increase energy regeneration and only assassination's spec bonus and some set bonuses like the pvp set bonus can increase energy total.
Edited by Aeriwen on 12/30/2012 10:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
why are you down playing a combat rogue... i am a 90 and have !@#$ty gear but i can kill anything i am a an alchemist so theres a potion that gives me 1000 agility for 2 hours and im a cook so carrots give me an extra 250 agility and im an ork my ratiial bloodlust gives mt over 4000 attack power i use ambush and a dagger... and use evasion dislantle and expose armor combat rediness and revealing strike then blade flurry then killing spree ... nothiing lives through that you are a simpleton saying an assination rogue is better than a combat rogue do the math a combat is better than anything else
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
i kill anyone in under 30 seconds using that anyone on my server will tell thats true.. halfhill became a gank fest till i showed up ..im the police here now on my server the damed alliance dont gank here any more for fear of me ... trust me i can kill anyone in 30 seconds or less never dismiss a combat rogue
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
my armor sucks .. but with the buffs and anbush noone has a chance ... the hell with assanation... trust me ill assanate your !@#
Reply Quote
24 Blood Elf Rogue
Soooo how do I get that Stained Shadowcraft Cap ? I been trying to get it for the longesttt
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Guild vendor
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
01/23/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Redan
Soooo how do I get that Stained Shadowcraft Cap ? I been trying to get it for the longesttt

The helmet, legs and cloak can be purchased with gold from the guild vendor assuming your guild has unlocked the correct guild perks.
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Rogue
Aeriwen

I see you are still using the Chemist Stone! You not having any luck with raid trinkets?
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Aeriwen

I see you are still using the Chemist Stone! You not having any luck with raid trinkets?

Terror just dropped for me this week. :P
Reply Quote
24 Human Rogue
Thanks for taking the time to post this
Reply Quote
im a new rogue i need to hit 90 fast any tips
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Quests in a zone appropriate for your level, you'll receive gear for your level and it makes the zones and levels zoom by. Be sure to use the glyphs and talent I recommend as a good starting point, but feel free to experiment with other specs and talents. Overall just enjoy yourself, and time will fly.

Be sure to check out the assassination video I posted for tops that may not make much sense without context. And ofcourse, feel free to ask and specific question about issues you may be having and I'll gladly help you if I can,
Reply Quote
33 Goblin Rogue
Thanks for this!
Reply Quote
87 Troll Rogue
Great thread been out for awhile and it brought me back up to speed really quick. Thank you
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Thank you SO MUCH for posting this. I am having a lot of fun working on my first-ever rogue - and it is LOTS of fun!
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Thank you SO MUCH for posting this. I am having a lot of fun working on my first-ever rogue - and it is LOTS of fun!

I'm glad your are enjoying the class and the guide. Good luck to you. Happy Stabbing. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
I am a Subtlety/Combat rogue and I have found that rogues sometimes don't hit very hard, but do it very fast so it actually adds up an the stuns are really good. I love my rogue I thhink it's awesome they are sorta squishy but If you follow stun stun stun stun stun you can probably pull it off
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]