Cataclysm Install

85 Tauren Druid
So as I am pre-emptivly looking at it, my current laptop blows and when there is a major patch I have to do a fresh install. So my question is, when Cataclysm comes out, by then I'll have a new laptop ((thankfully)) which means no wow :(. If I use my Cataclysm disc, when it comes out of course, will it install ALL the files I need, or will it be like a typical expansion, "requires xxxxx to in order to install".
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Blood Elf Hunter
You can use the disk to install Cataclysm, then any extra data you need will be downloaded. You don't need to reinstall WoW, then BC, then Wrath to make Cataclysm work. The disks themselves are stand-alone products when it comes to installing.

On another note, would it be possible for you to cut and paste your World of Warcraft folder from your current laptop to your new one? WoW's nice when it comes to migrating it easily to new systems.
Reply Quote
25 Night Elf Druid
Cataclysm ( just like WOTLK did) will have the entire game client on it. It will more than likely need a small patch or two after install though
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
actually i wont need to, i just went back to look at my order, luckily alienware comes with the option to "pre install" world of warcraft :-D, ..the reason i have to reinstall everytime on my current laptop is a 40gb hard drive....i was just worried that when i got the new laptop if i didn't put pre install on alienware..if i wouldnt be able to use cataclysm only disc lol..thanks for the replies guys
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Do you know what version it preinstalls? If it's an old image, it might be the old 3.x client and that will need a pretty hefty patch download to update.

Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
http://www.surveymk.com/s/RHXXKHK
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]